No Camera Option in DJI GO App
9953 14 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

On hold 2 1/2 hours to get nowhere. Here's the story. Hadn't flown for almost 8 months or so. Went out to fly at a friends house and I was using the DJI Vision App. I could control and fly the PHantom 3 Standard and take video and photo's however the camera screen on the app was blank.

I then downloaded the DJI Go app as that's what I heard to do. I turn everything on and have no problem binding the RC and the Phantom. The issue is when I open the DJI GO app I have no option to get into camera mode and do anything. There's no way to update any firmware (If that's the issue).

TEch support had me uninstal and reinstal an older version of DJI GO. No good.

Another issue that tech support coulnt address. When I go into WiFi on the phone I see the Phantom connection. It doesn't say Phantom3_xxxxx and it has never asked for any kind of password. Ever. They tried having me reset the RC by turning the control knob all th way to the right and clicking the s2 toggle back and forth. That never did anything. The RC lights are all green.

I'm dumbfounded. Hours and hours on this and have zero confidence in DJI. Should be so easy. Are there any other ways to reset everything or somehow apply any updates with out using the app that won't work!

Thanks all. This forum is a major help.

Tom
DJI Phantom 3 Standard
2017-1-5
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

1. Choose anything that says phantom. It should connect,. I've noticed several different connection names, especially after updates. 2. Regards the app, as you open it, page right until you reach the phantom page. The camera option should then be available.
2017-1-5
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-1-5 19:14
1. Choose anything that says phantom. It should connect,. I've noticed several different connection names, especially after updates. 2. Regards the app, as you open it, page right until you reach the phantom page. The camera option should then be available.

I select the Phantom Wifi and it says it connects. I still get nothing from the phone to the controller.

With the app...I scroll to the right to Phantom....and nothing is available except to learn how to connect. On one of the choices....the camera button is available but when you click it everything is N/A.

There is a clear disconnect between the app and the controller. The controller links up with the phantom but that's it.

2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device you are using to connect it?
After resetting the WiFi, now it shows Phantom 3_xxxx, right? have you tried to forget the network and check again?
Please try different mobile device to check the performance.
Then upload a screenshot of the camera page if problem persists.
2017-1-6
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

I originally tried on my Samsung Galaxy 7 however after speaking to tech support I was told that's no good. So I tried again with a fresh instal of the app on a IPad Mini2, An older eclipse android tablet and a IPhone 5S. All have the same problem. I open the app and I have no option to enter Camera mode. Just the link to learn how to connect.

I did forget the network and when it comes back up it is listed as Phantom_XXXXX (Numbers). Not Phantom3_XXXXX. And it just connects and never asks for a password.

The RC and Phantom link up together no problem. I spent another hour today trying again and can't get the App and the RC to communicate. I don't get it.

2017-1-6
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

So, your phone/tablet is connecting to the phantom wifi, Go is just not recognizing or allowing you to access camera?
2017-1-6
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

That's right. I go into WiFi and see Phantom_xxxxx. Select it and it connects. The controller and Phantom connect because I can move the camera with the RC.

I open the app...the newest version and an older version...and when I go to Phantom 3 Standard there is no Camera option. Just the link to Learn how to connect.

The other day I was out, before I have the DJI GO app, and was able to control the Phantom with my phone using the DJI Vision app. However there was no Video/Camera image available. I could control the camera, take pictures, move the camera up and down. Had 9 satellites, locked in. Just a black screen.

Then I downloaded the DJI GO app and haven't been able to connect at all.
2017-1-7
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

Tried again after doing a fresh instal of everything. Clean slate. The RC will not connect to the app. I read a thousand posts that it might have something to do with the RC Firmware not being able to be updated after the Phantom and new app are installed. There's no way to update the RC firmware because the app won't connect! OMG
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Tom, just to clarify, what is the version for DJI GO APP?
Please click on "Reply" so that we'll get a remind and get back to you soon.
2017-1-10
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

I don't kow how to tell however it is the latest version on Google Play. I removed everything and installed fresh
2017-1-10
Use props
RB77
New
United States

Hard_Hooker Posted at 2017-1-10 18:46
I don't kow how to tell however it is the latest version on Google Play. I removed everything and installed fresh

Did you guys ever find a resolution to this issue? I just picked up a Samsung Note 8 and I have the same problem. I did update the firmware on the drone via USB to PC to the latest version. Updating did not fix the issue.
2018-1-7
Use props
fans5578ee9a
New

United States

I too have same issue. Went months without flying and now this
2018-7-28
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Hard_Hooker Posted at 2017-1-10 18:46
I don't kow how to tell however it is the latest version on Google Play. I removed everything and installed fresh

Be sure you have the Go before P4 app. Also, try force closing both the vision app and the go app prior to start sequence of rc and ac and then open the app. I use both an S5 and S7 without issues.
2018-7-28
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

If you bought the P3S,was it new or used? Did you get the SSID "Phantom3_XXX" yet? The "phantom_xxx is´nt the right SSID. IF the SSID not P3_xxxx then the controller make anything wrong or belongs not to the P3S system. I use a MPQC96i and an iPhone 6 without these issues like that.

2018-7-29
Use props
Ferdinan
New

Mexico

I have the same problem with mi Inspire 1, I connected the cellphone with de RC but in the DJI GO app I dont have "Camera View" options. Actually my Bennu (is the dron name) is in fly mode, I cant put in travel mode.  
Any help?
2023-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules