Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Removing OSD from HDMI
9801 20 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

I am having trouble removing the OSD from the HDMI output of my P4P+.. it appears there is no menu to remove it.. Anyone else noticed this ??? It was available on the 3 and the 4,,, why not the 4 PRO+ ????
2017-1-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Nil,

It looks like DJI substituted the one "FullScreen" option instead of the two OSD options.  My DJI GO 4 is like that to.  Just above "About" on the General Settings page is "FullScreen", one or two finger sweep.  I chose two fingers.  If I sweep two fingers across the screen, the complete OSD disappears.  Nothing left but camera view.  When I do it again (usually from the opposite direction) the OSD reappears.  This is for both the device screen and the HDMI screen.  

I kind of like it.  It is also fast, but you have to practice the sweeps to get them consistent.  If you make a mistake doing it, you have to do it again and if you have a time issue (as in no time for mistakes), then it could be problematic.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-5
Use props
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-5 20:04
Aloha Nil,

It looks like DJI substituted the one "FullScreen" option instead of the two OSD options.  My DJI GO 4 is like that to.  Just above "About" on the General Settings page is "FullScreen", one or two finger sweep.  I chose two fingers.  If I sweep two fingers across the screen, the complete OSD disappears.  Nothing left but camera view.  When I do it again (usually from the opposite direction) the OSD reappears.  This is for both the device screen and the HDMI screen.  

Well I found that.. but it is not a very good feature.. I would like to output the signal for an event onto the big screens.. a bit difficult to fly the drone without the osd..
Seems like DJI have dropped the ball on this one.. Give us a toggle on and off for just the HDMI please..
2017-1-6
Use props
Rjroxie
lvl.1

United States

Are you saying that you can only have the camera picture on one screen at a time? That is what I seem to have and would rather be able to see the screen on mobile device as I do when I fly and also send camera view to the hdmi of my choice so that others can see it also.
2017-1-6
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

no, the camera view is still there on both screens, its just the flt telemetry that disappears or appears on both screens.
2017-1-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nil73 Posted at 2017-1-6 05:48
Well I found that.. but it is not a very good feature.. I would like to output the signal for an event onto the big screens.. a bit difficult to fly the drone without the osd..
Seems like DJI have dropped the ball on this one.. Give us a toggle on and off for just the HDMI please..

Aloha Nil,

What Phantom are you flying?  Maybe there could be a work-around.  Oops!  Reread your original post.  You would have to use a different Phantom for the work-around.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-7
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am in the same boat bought the Plus version for the HDMI out , but all it does is mirror the device,  unlike the older version
I had on the P3P I could choose to show only video out through the HDMI ,  disappointed !
2017-1-7
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Uptowndisco Posted at 2017-1-7 18:54
I am in the same boat bought the Plus version for the HDMI out , but all it does is mirror the device,  unlike the older version
I had on the P3P I could choose to show only video out through the HDMI ,  disappointed !

That's really weird!  I've been considering the + for the same reason but if you can't have OSD on the remote and a clean HDMI output what's the point?
2017-1-8
Use props
Paulo Paulino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2774265 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I have the same problem. HDMI out without a clean output don´t make much sense.
Dji please fix this on P4P.
Thanks.
2017-1-19
Use props
fansc7a29a6c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339475 ft
France

i've contacted dji support and they said to me that i have to wait for an update (certainly 1 month). i've bought pro +  to have hdmi output but without IOSD.
2017-1-23
Use props
multirotorrd.co
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6176932 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I have the same problem. HDMI out without a clean output don´t make much sense.
Dji please fix this on P4P.

This way I can not do the live broadcast. I do not want that data on the screen
{:4_154:}
2017-1-24
Use props
fansa98a116e
New
Flight distance : 152247 ft
Denmark

Same here... It is not possible according to the DJI support guy I asked. Please fix this, DJI.

Me :
Hi Jerico.. I'm using HDMI output on my P4Pro+. I can't get rid of the OSD. I have used the "Display OSD on HDMI output" in the menu - but still get OSD on HDMI out. Latest firmware.

Even if I swipe to hide the OSD on the controller (which I'd rather not do - I just want a clean feed on HDMI out), I still get a battery percentage (and the focus selector if active). I'm about to do an event and need the clean feed

DJI :
For that you cannot dissable the OSD. on your display.

Me :
It's not supported?

DJI :

Yes it is but you will still see the OSD on your screen.

Me :
So there is no way of getting a clean HDMI feed from a Phantom 4 Pro+?

DJI :
Yes All OSD and other display will still be there.

Me :
Sorry, I don't undertand. Did you mean "no" instead of yes? As in, I cannot get a totally clean feed on HDMI out?

DJI :
Yes it is correct.

2017-5-2
Use props
Fabio Mora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1730722 ft
Brazil

O Problema voltou na atualização do dia 10-06-2017
2017-6-12
Use props
Najmart-isf sky
New
Flight distance : 4448747 ft
Iran

Hello.
I am Mohammad from Iran.
I have your problem.
Did not give a solution DJI
I use this device to send live video and live streaming.
But why not have the OSD removal option like the previous version?
How to remove OSD from HDMI output in Phantom 4 Pro Plus?
thank you
2017-6-23
Use props
walper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1477572 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

does anyone find solution ?
2017-7-17
Use props
fans7368db76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92687 ft
Italy

GRRRR I have the same problem!!!!!!!
2017-7-24
Use props
Fabio Mora
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1730722 ft
Brazil

I think it's a shame what DJI is doing with buyers of the Phantom 4 Pro PLUS model.

The Phantom 4 Pro PLU Model is the most expensive of the Phantom line and they are not giving the necessary support.

In the last upgrade disappeared the option to enable or not the OSD, had a button in the application for this and after the last update this disappeared.

I lost some jobs because of this and DJI does not know how to correct this problem.

This screen that comes with Phantom 4 Pro PLUS SKYCRISTAL, does not allow to install other applications and not times the same update of who bought without the screen

HELPPPPPPPPPPP
2017-7-28
Use props
Najmart-isf sky
New
Flight distance : 4448747 ft
Iran

DJI  
If DJI continues to do so, his popularity and capital will soon be reduced
2017-7-29
Use props
Andre Coutrim
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12188 ft
Brazil

Folks, it's working now.

The last update solve the issue. Just go to "HD" and unmark "Display OSD on HDMI Output". That's all.
2017-8-4
Use props
fans4c30b43b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 573484 ft
United States

The new RC Pro smart controller is the same way, duplicate only. The old smart controller had the option. Can't use it this way, customers don't want to see all that garbage on the screen.
2021-12-21
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

i have the same
2021-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules