EV not working in manual
4223 13 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

Is anyone having any issues with the EV when the camera is in manual mode.. Mine changes to M.M and is only affected by the ISO dial..

2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It's normal, when in manual mode, the EV value will be changed automatically after you change the ISO value and shutter value.
While you can change EV value in auto mode, then shutter and ISO value will be changed according to the EV value.
2017-1-6
Use props
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-6 00:29
It's normal, when in manual mode, the EV value will be changed automatically after you change the ISO value and shutter value.
While you can change EV value in auto mode, then shutter and ISO value will be changed according to the EV value.

No its not normal.. If you had read my explanation.. When I go into Maunal mode on the camera. The EV changes to M.M.. (what is this ??? )  The M.M does not change automatically to give the exposure.. It is only affected by changing the ISO value..  I am using the new P4P+ with the crystal remote..  Is this a firmware problem..? Please if you are going to offer advice read what the problem is before you reply..

2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nil73 Posted at 2017-1-6 05:43
No its not normal.. If you had read my explanation.. When I go into Maunal mode on the camera. The EV changes to M.M.. (what is this ??? )  The M.M does not change automatically to give the exposure.. It is only affected by changing the ISO value..  I am using the new P4P+ with the crystal remote..  Is this a firmware problem..? Please if you are going to offer advice read what the problem is before you reply..

https://youtu.be/ejhVog8qlKk

Correct, when in manual mode, the EV value will be changed according to the ISO and shutter value.
Sorry for any confusion caused.
2017-1-8
Use props
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-8 02:10
Correct, when in manual mode, the EV value will be changed according to the ISO and shutter value.
Sorry for any confusion caused.

Do you actually read what I have written.. or watch the video.. I think not.  You have made no mention of M.M, and keep reffering to Ev.. watch the video you will see M.M NOT EV.. and also that when I move the shutter the M.M doesn't change.
Shouldn't the EV /M.M be metering the ambient light, as all proffesional cameras do.. including my Phantom 3 pro, This drone does not do that.. In fact the M.M on my drone tells you nothing....!! Again please watch the video and read what I have written before you try and offer some help... !!
2017-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nil73 Posted at 2017-1-8 02:25
Do you actually read what I have written.. or watch the video.. I think not.  You have made no mention of M.M, and keep reffering to Ev.. watch the video you will see M.M NOT EV.. and also that when I move the shutter the M.M doesn't change.
Shouldn't the EV /M.M be metering the ambient light, as all proffesional cameras do.. including my Phantom 3 pro, This drone does not do that.. In fact the M.M on my drone tells you nothing....!! Again please watch the video and read what I have written before you try and offer some help... !!

I think what Natalia is trying to tell you, once you are in Manual mode EV changes automatically to MM I presume meaning Manual mode, she is telling you exposure value in manual mode or metering mode only changes when you change the ISO .
Weather this is correct or not I think this is what she is trying to say.
You can use the wave to see this.
2017-1-8
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nil73 Posted at 2017-1-8 02:25

Wow man, have some patience and manners! Just because Natalia didn't pick up your meaning first off, you don't need to start ranting. She is just trying to help. Also consider there is possibly an English translation issue here too.
2017-1-8
Use props
Nil73
lvl.2
Mexico

Hendo Posted at 2017-1-8 03:20
Wow man, have some patience and manners! Just because Natalia didn't pick up your meaning first off, you don't need to start ranting. She is just trying to help. Also consider there is possibly an English translation issue here too.

Hendo.... back off
It is nothing personal, but you have to understand I got this drone less than a week ago, I am on a job with it. And I am having constant issues. When I ask for explanations and help I get answers that seem computer generated and do not actually answer any of my questions!
Over 2000 USD spent and so far it's rubbish! I would just like some serious effort on the part of DJI, thank you.

2017-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nil73 Posted at 2017-1-8 10:05
Hendo.... back off
It is nothing personal, but you have to understand I got this drone less than a week ago, I am on a job with it. And I am having constant issues. When I ask for explanations and help I get answers that seem computer generated and do not actually answer any of my questions!
Over 2000 USD spent and so far it's rubbish! I would just like some serious effort on the part of DJI, thank you.

I think you don't understand the answers, that's a problem, I think Hendo was trying to point out to you with a bit of decorum you might get the answers you seek..
2017-1-8
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-8 12:06
I think you don't understand the answers, that's a problem, I think Hendo was trying to point out to you with a bit of decorum you might get the answers you seek..

Exactly my point.
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nil73 Posted at 2017-1-8 10:05
Hendo.... back off

It might also help if you could explain what the issue is.
I'm an english-speaking photographer and I've read it three times and it's still unclear.

My best guess is that you don't understand camera controls and should get out of manual mode.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans72daf448
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771811 ft
Australia

I understand your problem. I always shoot in manual mode & have used the ev value to see if I have correct exposure. This no longer is working. Has anyone found a fix or this how it will be from now on.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans72daf448
lvl.1
Flight distance : 771811 ft
Australia

I understand your problem. I always shoot in manual mode & have used the ev value to see if I have correct exposure. This no longer is working. Has anyone found a fix or this how it will be from now on.
2017-2-7
Use props
SimCab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004498 ft
Italy

If it worked as expected M.M. should give an evaluation of the exposition manually selected. But it seems not coherent with this
2017-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules