Battery charging environment
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

Hi All
So I'm charging my batteries in the workshop for safety but it's really cold here and it's not heated. My question is, is it ok to charge the batteries at low temperatures such as -2 degrees C to 4 degrees C, which we have of late? I know they need to be at least 20-25 degrees C to operate so was thinking about the optimum temperatures to be charging them at as well.

Any advice on environment temperatures for charging appreciated.

Cheers

Bhu
2017-1-5
Use props
Untheory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58045 ft
France

In the "Phantom_3_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines" document, it says

"Charging the battery outside of the temperature range of 0°C-40°C may lead to leakage, overheating or battery damage"

So, personally, I will not charge my battery at -2°C and not even at 4°C. I would rather charge them at room temperature in a house (20-25°C)
2017-1-6
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

Untheory Posted at 2017-1-6 00:11
In the "Phantom_3_Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines" document, it says

"Charging the battery outside of the temperature range of 0°C-40°C may lead to leakage, overheating or battery damage"

Ok thank you I thought as much. Should ha e read the manual on charging the battery ;) will charge in the house from now on. Can they be stored at colder temperatures though?
2017-1-6
Use props
Untheory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58045 ft
France

The ideal storage temperature for batteries is 22-28°C according to the official documentation
2017-1-6
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

Wow that's  very hot too.  Looks like mine will be living in the house from now on ;)
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules