Drone stuck on "descend"
1064 9 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slaytan
New

United States

I have had my Phantom 3 for two weeks. Yesterday when I launched it, it behaved as if I were holding the left stick in the down position at all times. It would still climb and fly, but it fought me the whole time (just trying to go back down). It is difficult to describe. When it's supposed to hover, it just goes down at full throttle, and always seems to be "trying" to descend. I calibrated joystick, switched modes. Drove 5 miles away and relaunched. Same thing. If I get it worked out I will update the forum. Thanks
2017-1-6
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

The sticks have springs on them and they should spring to the center position. This is where your Phantom should be hovering in the air and not moving. Is there any errors on the DJI GO App? What are the two back lights on the Phantom doing? Are they flashing green? If everything checks out, I would calibrate the sticks through the settings in DJI GO App and see if that checks things.
2017-1-6
Use props
Slaytan
New

United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-6 04:40
The sticks have springs on them and they should spring to the center position. This is where your Phantom should be hovering in the air and not moving. Is there any errors on the DJI GO App? What are the two back lights on the Phantom doing? Are they flashing green? If everything checks out, I would calibrate the sticks through the settings in DJI GO App and see if that checks things.

Thanks. I did calibrate the sticks. It's a difficult problem to describe, really. It doesn't seem as if it's the stick itself
2017-1-6
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

So what are those two back LED lights doing while you are flying. If there is a problem, it will flash the lights in a color code which you can check the manual (or the link below) what that light pattern means.

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... dicator_Description
2017-1-6
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Check your battery condition. Cell, percentage etc. Could be battery loosing its power.
2017-1-6
Use props
Slaytan
New

United States

I am an idiot. My friend had just flown my drone and knocked off about an inch and a half of a blade. I didn't even notice. Even dumber is that I had seen him clip the corner of my house, but he didn't report any irregularities and flew it for a few more minutes. I had completely forgotten about that by the time I flew it 2 days later, and didn't notice the broken rotor. Flew the heck out of it tonight. I'm still a noob and get nervous whenever it gets out of sight but man is it awesome
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Slaytan Posted at 2017-1-6 16:37
I am an idiot. My friend had just flown my drone and knocked off about an inch and a half of a blade. I didn't even notice. Even dumber is that I had seen him clip the corner of my house, but he didn't report any irregularities and flew it for a few more minutes. I had completely forgotten about that by the time I flew it 2 days later, and didn't notice the broken rotor. Flew the heck out of it tonight. I'm still a noob and get nervous whenever it gets out of sight but man is it awesome

Good to hear you were able to find the problem, thanks for the update. Happy flying!
2017-1-6
Use props
probonic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61211 ft
United Kingdom

Lesson #1: Always do thorough checks of the craft before take-off.
Lesson #2: Never let other people fly it
2017-1-7
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

You might want to introduce a pre and post flight routine into how you treat your $400 quad, before the horse leaves the stable!
2017-1-7
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Sounds like prop guards would have saved the day.
And read this:

Flight Checklist.pdf

504.02 KB, Down times: 2

Preflight checklist

2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules