Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Stuck on "Transmitting" in Assistant 2 !
20939 24 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf286345c
lvl.1

Sweden

I´m trying to upgrade my P4 to the latest firmware. After installing Assistant 2 and connecting my P4 I download the latest firmware to 100%.
Then it says "Transmitting" and 0%. The nothing happens. If I look in the RC it says that I should connect the aircraft to my mobile device but since it is a
iPad that is impossible. The iPad does not hav the USB as required. What shall I do?
2017-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can install DJI Assistant 2 on a PC or MAC, connect P4 to PC or MAC USB and power up aircraft. You should then see a P4 icon appearing in Assistant 2. Click on that and it should give you the options to refresh/update/roll-back the firmware on the P4. The RC should be OFF during the aircraft firmware upgrade using Assistant 2 on computer.

There is an alternative way of doing it through DJI Go, and that is maybe causing conflict in Assistant 2 if RC is switched on.
2017-1-6
Use props
brenchen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119337 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anyone can help with this? I'm getting the same dilemma.  RC not on, card freshly formatted, aircraft connected directly to my Mac, and stuck on "Transmitting..."
2017-1-28
Use props
Jackson J.
New

Malaysia

Same here... using Assistant 2 software on Macbook Pro... stuck on "TRANSMITTING". I tried uninstall/reinstall the software.. it was good when it download the FW, but after that... stuck in TRANSMITTING for 3-4 hours now.. please advice.. what is going on.. is the aircraft is broken or something else? huh
2017-2-13
Use props
N762CB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513970 ft
United States

Make sure you are using the most recent version of the Assistant 2 app.  I had the identical problem as you described with ver 1.0.8.  I down loaded the latest Assistant 2 from the DJI website (ver 1.0.9) about 10 minutes ago and everything went fine.  Version revision can be found in the lower right hand corner of the "main" screen.
2017-2-13
Use props
Greekguy9999
lvl.1
United States

Jesus CHRIST this is absolutely maddening!  How the hell do I get around the "Transmitting 0%" screen????  Why can't this just be simple?   I downloaded the Assistant 2, clicked update for the firmware, downloads 100% and then the brick wall on transmitting.  Why is it doing this and how do I get past this?
2017-3-19
Use props
user475941bdbf
New
Flight distance : 169347 ft
Australia

I also have this same issue! It seems that I'm not alone too.  It's stuck on "Transmitting 0%". Does anyone have a solution to this issue? Come on DJI this should be simple... Sort it out!
2017-3-27
Use props
Tradarcher
lvl.1
Germany

Just picked up my P4 yesterday. I found this thread when I searched "DJI assistant 2 stuck on transmitting" I was having this problem and decided to restart my Mac and it cleared the problem and I was able to update the firmware.
2017-4-9
Use props
tilekus
New

United States

I think I had the same issue with trying to update firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on Mac OS X with my Macbook connected to DJI Phantom 4 using USB to microUSB cable (). DJI Assistant 2 got stuck at "Transmitting 0%", I stopped trying after 4 hours.

What worked for me is connecting my DJI Phantom 4 to my smartphone and using DJI Go app.
I suggest to:
1) Connect your iPad (probably using Lightning to USB Cable https://www.apple.com/shop/produ ... ng-to-usb-cable-1-m) to your DJI Phantom 4.
2) Open DJI Go app
3) Select your drone model (DJI Phantom 4)
4) The app should tell you have you had old firmware and it needs an update (or it will tell you that your firmware has updated successfully).
5) It took about 30 minutes. The DJI Go app just stopped at the end.
6) After I restarted DJI Go app and selected my drone model the firmware check showed that new firmware was updated successfully.

2017-4-22
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

Had same issues on a PC and was never able to get the application to work..and that was after installing a bunch of Chinese drivers that make me crazy on security issues..thanks for compromising my laptop with zero benefit!! Please speak up on this issue DJI..we need drivers and firmware that can go up and down the version history and work effectively! This is a safety issues as well. Lot of drama wrapped into DJI updates.
2017-4-22
Use props
Indian48
New
United States

Fixed it!  Hi all.  I had the same issue as all of you, where it would get to "Transmitting," then hang.  I found that when I was installing the DJI Assistant 2 software, ANOTHER installation request came up for something called "HornDIS," which is a separate application allowing USB tethering between the Drone and the Mac.  Once I allowed the installation of both DJI Assistant 2 AND HornDIS, then rebooted the Mac, the installation went just fine.  Try this out!  Good luck.
2017-5-7
Use props
miladhussain
New
United Kingdom

After installing the DJi Assistant App on your computer restart, open the app and then try and install the firmware update.  that solved the issue for me. Good Luck!
2017-5-25
Use props
fanscfd0d07c
New
United States

Had the same issue and resolved it by going to 'Networks' and setting up the DjI network socket.  As soon as the controller or aircraft is plugged into the usb bus.. the OS should detect a new interface but it is not 'setup' yet. Once setup it will appear as an option in the list of networks.  Since it is saved by the OS , this only has to be done once. (macbook running  Sierra)  
2017-6-15
Use props
mark82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4459 ft
United States

fanscfd0d07c Posted at 2017-6-15 19:15
Had the same issue and resolved it by going to 'Networks' and setting up the DjI network socket.  As soon as the controller or aircraft is plugged into the usb bus.. the OS should detect a new interface but it is not 'setup' yet. Once setup it will appear as an option in the list of networks.  Since it is saved by the OS , this only has to be done once. (macbook running  Sierra)

Thank you! That was the piece that was missing.
2017-7-21
Use props
SKeyeBOY
New
Flight distance : 7149 ft

United States

Thank you Indian48 !!!  Your solution solved the problem.  Because I only use Apple products, I inncorectly assumed the second install (HornDIS) did not apply to me as I don't use Android devices.  Wrong assumption and when I deleted everything and reinstalled both as instructed, everything worked fine.  Thanks again!
2017-7-22
Use props
Miles
New

Australia

Yes, restart your Mac. Updating now..
2017-8-11
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

If running DJI Assistant 2 on a Win PC ensure you run it as administrator.
Use a good USB cable, preferably connected directly to the PC, not a USB hub.

There was a recommendation from DJI to remove the SD card before updating, and leave it out until complete.
2017-8-12
Use props
jandrade
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9442 ft
United States

fanscfd0d07c Posted at 2017-6-15 19:15

um.. when i get to networks it wants to make the dji a modem connection.. sorry but what are the setup parameters?
2017-8-18
Use props
bithead007
New
United States

fansb515097a Posted at 2017-10-19 13:19
I have the Mac and having the same problems , the assistant is updatin over and over again the same update .

I never got the firmware update to work (Phantom 4). Just says 0% and hangs on the "no fly database" update as well.
2017-11-26
Use props
bithead007
New
United States

Greekguy9999 Posted at 2017-3-19 07:07
Jesus CHRIST this is absolutely maddening!  How the hell do I get around the "Transmitting 0%" screen????  Why can't this just be simple?   I downloaded the Assistant 2, clicked update for the firmware, downloads 100% and then the brick wall on transmitting.  Why is it doing this and how do I get past this?

Not 100% sure but on my drone it seemed to want to be fully activated and complete a flight before it got very cooperative.
2017-11-26
Use props
AGW26
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-6 04:53
You can install DJI Assistant 2 on a PC or MAC, connect P4 to PC or MAC USB and power up aircraft. You should then see a P4 icon appearing in Assistant 2. Click on that and it should give you the options to refresh/update/roll-back the firmware on the P4. The RC should be OFF during the aircraft firmware upgrade using Assistant 2 on computer.

There is an alternative way of doing it through DJI Go, and that is maybe causing conflict in Assistant 2 if RC is switched on.

Thanks for your input.  I did all that you suggested and I still get "0" transmission.  I have my Phantom 4 PRO + connected to my MAC and found the iconl, clicked on it, downloaded, then transmission stuck at "0".  Someone suggested that I try this: power off computer, power off drone, power on computer, run DJI assistant, power on drone, connect drone to computer and start again.  Did that too.  I have my RC off and not connected at all.

Can you or someone please HELP.  I have gone through  2 batteries trying to upload No Fly Zone database and getting beyond frustrated.  THANKS SO VERY MUCH
2017-12-20
Use props
AGW26
lvl.1
United States

bithead007 Posted at 2017-11-26 13:45
Not 100% sure but on my drone it seemed to want to be fully activated and complete a flight before it got very cooperative.

I'm with you.  Can't get beyond the "0" transmission downoad. DJI wants us to have this updated no fly zone database and make it way to difficult to do so.  I am about to give up and say, screw this nonsence.  
2017-12-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AGW26 Posted at 2017-12-20 13:22
Thanks for your input.  I did all that you suggested and I still get "0" transmission.  I have my Phantom 4 PRO + connected to my MAC and found the iconl, clicked on it, downloaded, then transmission stuck at "0".  Someone suggested that I try this: power off computer, power off drone, power on computer, run DJI assistant, power on drone, connect drone to computer and start again.  Did that too.  I have my RC off and not connected at all.

Can you or someone please HELP.  I have gone through  2 batteries trying to upload No Fly Zone database and getting beyond frustrated.  THANKS SO VERY MUCH

So to confirm, you've installed HoRNDIS as suggested at post #11? I believe it can be dowbnloaded from here: http://joshuawise.com/horndis
2017-12-20
Use props
Hugo88
lvl.1

If you are using MacOS 10.11 or higher, this worked for me:

Problem: DJI Goggles upgrade "transmitting" stuck at 0%.
Root of the problem: MacOS 10.11 has some USB stacks less compatible. You have to make sure that you are installing the last version of HoRNDIS.
Go to http://joshuawise.com/horndis and download the last version.
If you need to uninstall an older version first, instructions are provided on the page.
During the installation, make sure nothing is connected to the USB ports.
Reboot your computer.
Run DJI assistant.
If you still get stuck at 0%, you might need to allow the firewall to run HoRNDIS, by going to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General (the page should warn you that HoRNDIS has been blocked).

I want to thank Punchbuggy for sharing HoRNDIS web page.

Good luck.

Hugo
2018-8-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Latest DJI Go 4 update also includes a fix that ” Improves firmware update success rate”

Might be worth a try for those experiencing problems.
2018-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules