[Misleading Title] Mavic Goggles and Advanced Charging Hub Update
1602 7 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

I spoke to a representative at the official DJI store in Shenzhen- here's the update:
-The Goggles will be delayed until late 2017/early 2018 until the Mavic 2 is released with the same 5.8 transmission options as the P4Pro.  
-The Advanced Charging Hub has been cancelled. So has the official DJI Mavic filters- they are leaving those to 3rd parties.

Also note: the CrystalSky and P4P+ RC will NOT ever be allowed to install Litchi or 3rd party apps.

Thanks "Lew" at the store for providing the official update.
2017-1-6
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Rubbish, you really think that "lew" would have access to this sort of information.
This user is just trolling....
2017-1-6
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

So, when you say, "until the Mavic 2 is released with the 5.8 transmission options", do you mean that the current Mavic controller hardware cannot support the future goggles? Or, is this a software update for the Mavic controller that does not yet exist?

They made such a big deal about this in the first promo videos, and at the launch event, but 3 months after that event, they say those goggles are still a year from release? Wow!
2017-1-6
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah if theres one thing i learned when i was waiting for my Mavic, and thats not to listen to anything the chat reps have to say .... literally nothing they advised or communicated ever came true ... take this with the pinch of salt.

Until i see a press release to say as much ... i'd call BS on this one. on all accounts.
2017-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

dana5 Posted at 2017-1-6 08:16
So, when you say, "until the Mavic 2 is released with the 5.8 transmission options", do you mean that the current Mavic controller hardware cannot support the future goggles? Or, is this a software update for the Mavic controller that does not yet exist?

They made such a big deal about this in the first promo videos, and at the launch event, but 3 months after that event, they say those goggles are still a year from release? Wow!

I wouldn't pass much heed of this OP

“Complaining is truly his strongest weakness.”
2017-1-6
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

where is the 5.8ghz coming from the drone or the controller?  
2017-1-6
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.3

United States

Wes1977 Posted at 2017-1-6 09:48
where is the 5.8ghz coming from the drone or the controller?

The goggles are to have a direct connection to the aircraft, so...
2017-1-6
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Actually Lew is not a sales rep. He is an exec at DJI. They are planning on having the same 2.4/5.8 transmission system (as the P4Pro) in the Mavic2. Thus the headset Goggles will support that instead of the Occusync 2.4 system which is only in the Mavic. That way you can use the Goggles on the Inspire 2, P4Pro, and Mavic 2. That is why there is a delay.

It not only makes sense, but the evidence of the headset not being released almost 4 months after its announcement makes it clear what the intention is. And the evidence of the Advanced Charging Hub not being released is obvious. It isn't released. DJI is well aware that you can buy a parallel charger for $40 that charges multiple batteries and the RC simultaneously and faster than what they had in mind for the "advanced" Hub. They never even designed it. I saw some renderings as well- it looked similar to the regular hub, but had 2 different connectors and a "storage" button.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules