931 9 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hopefully some DJI staff member can answer this question.. Why is FPV camera limited to tablets?
The fact that it won´t work on a iphone, does that include the iphone 7+?
I think the + version should have a big enough screen..

2017-1-6
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

I have a a 9.7" iPad and with all the views on the screen at the same time (GPS map), camera view and FPV)  it gobbles up the screen real estate very quickly. If this was on a mobile it would be impossible to use. I know its not a processing issue as FPV is low quality. You could always view the FPV with a pair of googles?
2017-1-7
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

But can anyone with iPhone 7+ confirm if the fpv is active or not?
2017-1-8
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Can nobody at DJI confirm if the FPV camera is enabled and visable  if you use iPhone 7plus?
2017-1-9
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Can someone at DJI confirm if Iphone 7 plus can do PIP?
2017-1-16
Use props
perfectpercepti
lvl.1

United States

I am really curious as to why FPV can only be viewed on a tablet...really hoping they can enable it on a smartphone in a firmware update. I don't see why..DJI any ideas?
2017-1-17
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

Its been explained a few times.  There just isn't enough space on a phone display to add the Picture In Picture for FPV.   Its not available on any phone, and that includes the Iphone 7 Plus.    I don't think they have any plans to add it in the future.
2017-1-17
Use props
Perspectrum
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6890879 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the DJI Go App you can change the video input to FPV when using your iPhone just can't do PiP
2017-1-18
Use props
oc396
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57280 ft
United States

Yea it's one or the other on an iPhone.
2017-1-18
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

I have found out that you can switch between cameras on the iPhone but that requires that you dig 2-3 layers down into the menus if I remember correctly. But what I really could use is that it was just an icon in the lower corner of my iPhone so I could switch. When you do pip on an iPad the view enlarges and covers the most part of the screen.  I hope they are working on this feature because many of us use the iPhones for flying.
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules