Got the mavic in the backpack when mountain biking
1951 9 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thebmallory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50466 ft
France

So yesterday I took the mavic while mountainbiking. I still have to find a way to reliably mount the controller to my bike for active tracking... In the meantime, I got to say that it's great for sightseeing. You're really in the air in a matter of seconds

2017-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's the way to enjoy the Mavic, nice video, not crazy about the music, thanks for sharing.
2017-1-6
Use props
thebmallory
lvl.2
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-6 11:21
That's the way to enjoy the Mavic, nice video, not crazy about the music, thanks for sharing.

Yeah it's a re-upload, first music was copyrighted. Thanks
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful scenery.
For Active Track, why not just use your phone and mount that to your bike with a cheap handlebar phone mount. No RC needed.
2017-1-6
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

Hi thebmallory

see my video, where the first four tipps are not that interesting anymore, but tipp 5 might be something useful for you

2017-1-6
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Nice tips--thanks!
2017-1-6
Use props
thebmallory
lvl.2
France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-6 11:51
Beautiful scenery.
For Active Track, why not just use your phone and mount that to your bike with a cheap handlebar phone mount. No RC needed.

Active track in wifi mode was the first thing I tried when I received my mavic. Unfortunately, the fly limitations didn't allow the aircraft to go further than 80m from takeoff point (took me a while to figure this out). Didn't test with later firmware updates though.

Thanks Petbrit for the tip ! I think I'll go with your idea but I'll probably use two phone mounts on each side on my handlebar and use the bottom USB plug of the controller and a long USB cable in order to have the two units extra secure :-)
2017-1-6
Use props
Petbrit
lvl.3
Germany

thebmallory Posted at 2017-1-6 12:29
Active track in wifi mode was the first thing I tried when I received my mavic. Unfortunately, the fly limitations didn't allow the aircraft to go further than 80m from takeoff point (took me a while to figure this out). Didn't test with later firmware updates though.

Perfect, glad to gave you an idea. Let me see your videos. I did not test to much yet, as it is very cold
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

thebmallory Posted at 2017-1-6 12:29

With the RC and your phone you can also try Follow Me if your phone has GPS.
2017-1-6
Use props
Gmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

Here is a huge collection of free music to use on your videos. Ive used several. Also Bensound.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/FreeSongsToUse
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules