MicroUSB cable... wrong orientation for my Phone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wile E. Coyote
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31594 ft
United States

I ordered the Mavic Pro combo and was happy to see an assortment of cables.

However, i have the Google/LG NEXUS 5 phone... and the cables to attach the phone to the controller will not work for me. The MicroUSB cable I need was not included... I need a MicroUSB cable that has the connector UPSIDE DOWN compared to the included cables.

How can I obtain one to connect my phone to the controller?

2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you unplug the microUSB cable when using the normal usb cable to connect your phone to the controller?
Besides, here is the Reverse Micro USB connector link for your reference: http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-rc-cable#/?_k=ny4mnx
2017-1-6
Use props
Wile E. Coyote
lvl.1
United States

After spending almost $1500 for the Mavic Combo, this REVERSE MicroUSB cable should have been included for FREE ... instead of Apple phone cable which I will never use. Now your DJI store is charging $8 Plus $10 shipping. That is a terrible thing to do to a customer who already spent almost $1500 and waited 6-8 weeks to get a Mavic Pro.

Is there no way you can send one out to me for Free?
2017-1-6
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

Upside down? Is there some reason you can't just turn the cable over and plug it in correctly? Don't you have other micro USB cables?
Edit: Ah nevermind. I was thinking about the controller for the Phantom models. I understand the issue now.
2017-1-7
Use props
Wile E. Coyote
lvl.1
United States

No, the MAVIC patch cable is short, and can only be used in one way (RIGHT ANGLE connector at phone's USB port).

DJI advises against bending it... and I can see why - it's a stiff little bugger and with 4 inches of cable, there isn't much give before you might break the wires inside.

the only workable solution is to take a LONGER USB 2.0 cable and plug it into the secondary USB port at the bottom of the remote and swing it around to the side of the REMOTE, to then plug into the phone. It worked out well if I wrapped up the cable to make it shorter.  It beats spending $18 to get the shorter cable from DJI, or $13 off some DJI-approved seller from Ebay.

I may get the smaller cable if they ever get down to a couple of dollars or less.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans71c09eca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6339409 ft
  • >>>
Australia

same here spending $2200 for the drone and no fitting cable included
2017-1-13
Use props
Wile E. Coyote
lvl.1
United States

I finally gave in and ordered this additional cable "Reverse MicroUSB" from a local store. $11 + change and I got it in less than a week. So I'm happy. I'm still mystified as to why if I'm ALREADY getting a Type-C cable and Firewire cables with the FLY MORE package - Why they didn't include a MicroUSB cable.  This would have sweetened the deal even more on the FLY MORE package - and it would only have cost them a few pennies more.

Getting 4 cables, to get you ready to fly as soon as you open the box is a great selling point.  I think they tried to cover themselves by stipulating which phones would work with the MAVIC PRO.   What they SHOULD have said is THESE are the only phones that will work WITH THE INCLUDE CABLES.

Here's what changed my mind about ording the MicroUSB cable.... I've checked ebay and Amazon for a suitable cable, and found they have coiled USB-> microUSB cables, for only $1 or $2 - And those are great for using them with Tablets and mini-Tablets. The problem with using them with a phone in the MAVIC PRO remote is that MicroUSB plug sticks out where you would normally be using your hands to hold on to the remote.

Also, I got the SAME DJI cable a lot cheaper ($11) through a local DJI authorized store than from DJI STORE directly, DJI wants to charge me $8.99 + $10 shipping!
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules