Inspire 1 controller will not connect...bad USB port?
23647 57 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thecampilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2316161 ft
United Kingdom

bmcm2807 Posted at 2015-10-5 23:40
It was the same controller.  I only have one RC.    For others out there with similar "disconnecte ...

For anyone still struggling with the video link to the slave controller. By a system of trial and error I finally narrowed the problem down to the fact that IOS devices worked on the master & slave & Android on the master only. Although it read 'Disconnected' the controller was connected to the aircraft and worked the gimbal but would not display what the camera saw. It had nothing to do with software, firmware, usb leads, etc. You need to go to the settings on your Android device and authorise USB debugging. This allows data to be transferred that was previously blocked. There are several videos on YouTube to explain how & it hasn't harmed my Android device.
I got the advice from the DJI chat line.
2015-11-12
Use props
lna
New

South Africa

i have a problem my crafts firmware has been updated and the RC will not update. i have tried using the USB thumb drive as well as via the craft. The RC has lost its linking to the craft. I have tried to do a manual link but i'm sure that the firmware needs to updated first. I have tried several USB cables and this has not helped. i got and update successful report back from the craft. Can anybody help

2016-3-6
Use props
mail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26919 ft
Germany

I have the same problem popping up from time to time. Until now the RC reconnected after 5 to 10 minutes. I have been unable to determine if the actions I took (switch off / on the RC, the SC, unmount/remount the camera) had any influence. I am using a Ipad Mini3. Frustrating....
2016-3-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

lna@iafrica.com Posted at 2016-3-7 00:27
i have a problem my crafts firmware has been updated and the RC will not update. i have tried using  ...

What model do you have?  What firmware do you have on the RC right Now.  If it is 1.5 then the RC does not need updating.  The RC on the Phantom advance and Pro and Inspires is updated through the Go App and  a wi Fi signal.  

Reply to MY post if you need Help,

-donnie
tips

TIPS

-  After 1.3 the update  FOR the Transmitter is NOT through the SD Card it is through The DJI go  app and   WI-FI connection.

-Always update the aircraft first-
-Make sure you download the proper firmware.  If you have the Pro make sure not downloading for the Advanced or standard.
-Make sure you only download the Bin File to the FRESH FORMATTED SD CARD.
-Make sure transmitter is NOT on when downloading Firmware to aircraft ( VERY IMPORTANT)
-When installing SD with fresh  firmware  card in Aircraft make sure it is off. Then turn on aircraft, the firmware will then load.
-YOU CANT JUMP FROM 1.4 TO 1.6.  You must stair step 1.3 to 1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6
-All the firmware numbers  for the RC - aircraft- Go App - Camera WONT BE THE SAME . For example the current aircraft firmware is 1.6.0.40  but the RC Firmware is 1.5.70.  A LOT OF  FOLKS GET CONFUSED ON THIS   (Including Yours Truly when first starting out.)
-Sometimes only the aircraft gets an update and not RC Transmitter   Read the pdf on the downloads page so you know what’s going on for example 1.6.0.40 is only for the aircraft and  batteries.
-Make sure to read what each update is effecting. For example 1.6.0.4.0 will require each battery to be updated as well. Keep Informed.
-Macs  sometimes dont format SD cards well.
When Formatting is in doubt FORMAT ON THE AIRCRAFT, go to camera settings on dji go app , open the tool icon , on bottom is Format SD  card option
-Updates sometimes take a while, wait for the tone to change to d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd  or the green light even better.
-If you hear a long dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd   it has failed.
-updating is not an option for just the aircraft, IF there is also an update at that time for the Transmitter you MUST do it.

-Updates for the Phantom Standard are Only Done through GO-App and Wi-Fi, no SD Firmware to upload.

- You cant Rollback the Battery Firmware once installed.

-When doing a Rollback, confirm the Current firmware on the Aircraft and then Rollback Firmware in Order.  NO JUMPING ALLOWED

2016-3-7
Use props
nnareshmgg
New
United States

Is my smart phont always supposed to ask "trust this computer" or something on those lines when I plug togather the remote and smartphone  or only the first time ?

I do not see the message any more and my phone does not charge through the remote anymore...the charge icon comes and goes aways in a flash.

All firmware is latest and the ios (iphone6s) is also uptodate.

The same wire works with the wall outlet when charging the phone.
2016-5-2
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having the same problem with an  Ipad mini 2. I can use an Iphon6 but if try the mini it wont connect.
2016-5-2
Use props
fans44043362
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214770 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem with my controller not connecting to my iPad air 2. I went through phone support and they sent me a brand new controller.  Same problem.I'd say at this point that it is a soft issue. Please help us DJI!
Mark
2017-1-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

fans44043362 Posted at 2017-1-10 17:50
I'm having the same problem with my controller not connecting to my iPad air 2. I went through phone support and they sent me a brand new controller.  Same problem.I'd say at this point that it is a soft issue. Please help us DJI!
Mark

Are you using the same cable from the old RC to the Go app device ?  If so replace the cable  between the RC and the Go App, hard to believe you would have two bad RC's.

donnie
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans44043362 Posted at 2017-1-10 17:50
Mark

Along with Donnie's advice, which Go app version are you running? Do you have any other mobile device to try just to see if it would connect?
2017-1-11
Use props
Fking Hate DJI
New
Canada

Got same problem dji not helping suport suckass try every thing gonna killsome chinise mfk
2017-1-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Fking Hate DJI Posted at 2017-1-14 07:27
Got same problem dji not helping suport suckass try every thing gonna killsome chinise mfk

Did you check the cable from the RC to the Go app ? that is quite often the problem .  If the RC is connected to the go app properly , the Remote control settings will show the Master Slave  OFF option , if you don't have these ,  you have a bad Port on the back of the Rc Part 54 or the cables bad.  Also if you have a GOOD connection between the Go app and the RC the Inspire  aircraft on the start up of the go app will be facing you and not of on an angle .

Are you having connection issues ?

donnie
2017-1-14
Use props
P38Productions
New

United States

I'm having the same problem. I can control the aircraft with both the master and slave controller. I even have signal coming out of the HDMI port on both. I have tried 4 phones with it always saying disconnected without being able to adjust any of the values on the app. Phones included: Samsung Note 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 and S5, and a LG G5, each phone tried with multiple working usb cables. USB Debugging is on and install from unknown sources is also enabled. I have tried different USB modes from charging, software install, to media transfer with no success. It seems like a lot of others are having this problem but I've probably spent more than half a day trying to figure it out and still don't have any working solutions. Please help!
2017-1-16
Use props
joelgalbraith
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue.  Worked with tech support, and we've narrowed it down to that after trying multiple devices, multiple cables, multiple apps, multiple boot orders.  I took of that first port module too to look for anything physical and obviously disconnected or something.  Nope, nothing there either.
So, maybe it's sending it in for a repair analysis.  Does anyone have experience with that process?
2018-7-9
Use props
fans0b032a6d
lvl.1

Norway

Hi
Have this same issue for a year now... both didn’t recognize my iPhone... finally got one that worked with my phone... changed whole usb motherboard around in my not working controller’s, then they worked... so I updated them, put the old usb in them and the still don’t recognize my phone, memory stick ect... but no problem to connect with drone.... so it’s a bad motherboard... and i need 2.... anyone knows where to get them...???
2018-10-18
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

This should correct the issue reported.

My 2015 I-1 also ended up having a bad USB connector.  Replaced and all's well

https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... lete&position=0

Randy
2018-10-18
Use props
fans0b032a6d
lvl.1

Norway

For 125$ you can buy used remote.... so this is crazy price.... am gonna take one of broken motherboard’s today and try to find out whats wrong with them.... if i find out any way to fix them i let you guys know
2018-10-18
Use props
TOMVON
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201673 ft
United States

brent.browningh Posted at 2015-2-15 14:36
Well I don't have an iPad mini to try but I do have a new iPad Air 2 that i downloaded the DJI Pilot App onto and just tried.  Still nothing.  Used a few other Apple lightning cables that we had available and I get the same result...it just sits there and says disconnected.  All of those cables seem to work when attached to a PC.

As I mentioned above, when I put either a USB stick or an SD card in the card reader with the latest DJI firmware on them into the controller's USB port it does nothing either.  Just sits there.  I really think my USB port may be on the fritz...

i'm not so sure....
I have two remotes with the same issue you're having. What are the odds of both having the same issue at the same time??? There has to be something else going on here.
2018-10-26
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans0b032a6d Posted at 2018-10-18 20:39
For 125$ you can buy used remote.... so this is crazy price.... am gonna take one of broken motherboard’s today and try to find out whats wrong with them.... if i find out any way to fix them i let you guys know

Ok,

in 2015 the dual remote and bird with 1 battery was about $3000.....not counting the device to SEE,  iPad/Droid, whatever.

It doesn't work.

$125 and you are back in the air.......Questions?

Randy
2018-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules