[Request] Inverse Shutter Scroll Wheel
1387 21 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

As a professional photographer, I am so used to scroll the wheel to the left for longer shutter and scroll right for shorter shutter.

Every camera is like that. How come here it is reversed on the remote? This keeps my confusing everytime I want to select a longer or shorter shutter and scroll the wrong way.

Actually surprised noone else has noticed this, but this is VERY VERY confusing when working with DSLR cameras for more the 10 years.

Is there a possibility to have an option to reverse the scroll-wheel in a future DJI GO app update? This would help me out soooo much...

2017-1-6
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Really not a single photographer here that is annoyed by this thing?
2017-1-15
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

I am lol... I have been looking for a way to reverse the controls but apparently there isn't a way.
2017-1-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

It would be an easy option to implement It is soooooo annoying. "Oh lets decrease shutter.... DAMNED, WRONG WAY AGAIN". And then I need to scroll even more the other way...
2017-1-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

How can this idea be passed to DJI? I have seen Mindy say she passed the idea to the devs. Atleast one person know how shutter works on a camera... I wonder where all the other photographers are. Even those that film with DSLRs should find this VERY annoying.
2017-1-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I haven't gotten to this yet, but I really want to reverse the gimbal wheel control, so put me in for allowing these controls to be customized!
2017-1-16
Use props
kenbennedy
lvl.2
United States

I want to chime in and say I would also love this feature. To me the gimbal wheel also rotates in a counter-intuitive direction. I would like to be able to reverse both wheels in the software.
2017-1-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Actually yeah, gimbal also. Always choose wrong direction also But the shutter... I mean, I use my DSLRs weekly, so it is not something my brain can rewire to do it otherwise. It is like a natural thing for me.

2017-1-17
Use props
UtahKevin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301535 ft
United States

I'm a photographer as well, I would defiantly like to be able to switch this. The Gimbal is also backwards to me, I almost always go the wrong way with it.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

From the GO app you are able to send your feedback and make the request. The Osmo has the option for the joystick so maybe it's possible on the Mavic.

From the home page, choose Me, then More, then Feedback.
2017-1-17
Use props
RatPhync
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25253 ft
United States

I've gotten used to the gimbal, but the shutter control still gets me practically every time. Feedback has been sent, thanks!
2017-1-17
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I agree... it's such a simple software switch to add.  I'm always pushing when I should be pulling on the wheel.  Same applies to the gimbal pitch!
2017-1-17
Use props
Peterg4
lvl.2

United Kingdom

+1 on reversing the gimbal wheel,  but I like the exposure wheel as it is.
2017-1-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Peterg4 Posted at 2017-1-17 14:59
+1 on reversing the gimbal wheel,  but I like the exposure wheel as it is.

You don't play anymore with us! Guess you never photograph with cameras that offer manual settings.
2017-1-18
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-17 11:38
From the GO app you are able to send your feedback and make the request. The Osmo has the option for the joystick so maybe it's possible on the Mavic.

From the home page, choose Me, then More, then Feedback.

Thx! Lets all do this
2017-1-18
Use props
UtahKevin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301535 ft
United States

I submitted the feedback from the app.
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-1-18 12:54
Thx! Lets all do this

If enough people request it, it may become an option.
Good luck.
2017-1-18
Use props
Peterg4
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-1-18 12:53
You don't play anymore with us! Guess you never photograph with cameras that offer manual settings.

Haha

Yeah I do but I'm always annoyed the wheel on that goes the wrong way
2017-1-18
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

As a former pilot, accustomed to stick-controlled a/c, for me pushing forward to increase altitude (rather than dive) has been a challenge.
The human factors on some of the controls are really frustrating.
Another is having a tiny gimbal wheel that moves sideways, for a control that moves on a different axis (i.e. Up and down). A bigger wheel on the vertical axis would make things much more intuitive!
2017-1-18
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

I'm bringing this back up. Just got my own mavic again (after I sold the other) and again, I cannot get used to the "wrong" shutter scroll direction. Cmon people, common photographers (that work with real cameras) report this using the app. It is such a simpel fix Scrolling to the right is is FASTER shutter, not slower, and the way around. like on ALL cameras.
2017-3-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

Still waiting for this... I just cant get used to it. I really don't get noone else has this problem
As a photographer, it is a natural thing the way you change shutter on a DSLR, so why is it not the same on the mavic. Also reversing the cameratilt would help.
2017-5-8
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

I agree, all controls should have the option to be reversed or inverted depending on each user's preference.
2017-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules