1177 5 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had all the problems that many people are having in this forum. I fly with ios 1.01 Ipad Air 2What i learned can be surmised as follows:

Flight Check list:

---Fully charge remote and battery
---close ALL apps in Ipad AND put it in airplane mode

----make sure the DJI pilot app is closed.
----Make sure prop locks are secure
----Turn Inspire on and Remote on
----Turn ios app on
----Press Camera button
----Make sure all firmwares are uptodate and the app confirms it
----Caliberate Compass (once only in the maiden flight then DO NOT if compass values are more than 1500)
---Press Mode button
----Press "advanced settings"
----Press "sensor"
----Caliberate IMU advanced-(only maiden flight)---Press button "HD" always use "CUSTOM" channel
---Watch channels in my case the cleanest channel in 2.4 mhz is "32"
---Pick channel "32" The blue Bar should be in your chosen channel in my case "32
---Choose "midline image tranmission quality" it gives about 1 mile range
---Close menu
----Take both RX TX outside get a good sat llock on GPS
----Press both sticks inwards and down ..mark your home..lady should confirm in app
---FLY
---The reason the RC connection may break is as folows
---there is ipad in the way between Sky and the two antennas that should be pointing to the sky always! AND always parallel to each other
---You have left the ipad in regular mode and not "airplane" mode
---You have not selected "off" under "set RC status" but have selected "master" or slave---You have selected a 2.4 ghz video channel that has most "interference" from 2.4 ghz devices in your neighboorhood (go Back and pick the cleanest channel)

i hope it helps someone

I had almost ALL the problems that people are having on this forum the above procedure solved them all

DJI needs to write a simple and comprehensive online or written manual

ENJOY IT IS A HOBBY

Arun

2015-2-15
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some good points made there.  The only thing different I can see is I do have the two remotes, so have been leaving the main controller as master on and fly mostly with one remote.  So maybe it would be a good idea to turn it to the off mode for those times.  Not sure if that makes a difference or not but sure would not hurt.
2015-2-15
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I don't know if I'd chance it at -26.... I'm still waiting for warmer weather.
2015-2-15
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-2-15 23:56

i got at 500 ft altitude and brought the bird down ...tried again .. the ipad rebooted all of a sudden for no reason wtf... i think the ios app needs more tweaking and is halfbaked... the bird landed safely.. even though ipad air 2 rebooted the sticks were responsive and the green light stayed on in the remote..so was able to land safely ...
2015-2-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

gwhiz2k Posted at 2015-2-15 23:56

I Agree, minus -26c is way too cold that would be asking for trouble in my opinion, but heh good on you, I am taking the wait for warmer weather approach....
Come on spring......
2015-2-15
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Foul weather flying blows....

I found anything under 30 F is risky at best after many test flights and battery consumption tests.
For both my Pv+2 and the inspire.

Sadly I live in an area 7 months a year its cold as hell..That's why I have time to test at such temps and had a blast doing so.
The Consumption of the Battery was about 10% more at 32F and below than at 47F .

Higher you go in cold weather the colder it gets sometimes that's the opposite and its warmer but not often here in the Midwest.
I made a rule no flying under 32F after going thru this with the phantom and inspire 1 and haven't lost a craft yet..
Knock on wood!

Ty to the OP for confirming that flight check list many here have the same drill ..!! Pretty brave flying in those temps. )
Let the craft sit for a few mins don't touch it and then check stats is a great safe guard as well..I fear so many fly without letting the bird get a full GPS lock same as back in the day with the phantoms...

Come on spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules