579 4 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Its stated in the P4P and Inspire 2 manuals that a CSC maneuver will trigger mid-flight motor shut down.
Shortly after, there is a description of another type of mid flight motor shut down maneuver involving a combined stick and button press action.

It should be clarified whether enabling the latter disables the former mid-flight or not.
If not, the design of the combo stick-button action is meaningless since it would seem that it was designed for some acrobatic flyers to avoid crashes.
I guess a second level redundancy is the 3 second hold of CSC to enable a shut down of motors mid-flight.

I think the engineers have done well to design features requested by some customers but I perhaps the manual writing can be clearer.
2017-1-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In your app settings you have to choose which method you want to be able to use.
Things were simpler when there was only one option.
2017-1-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-7 00:47
In your app settings you have to choose which method you want to be able to use.
Things were simpler when there was only one option.

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, the option has to be specified in the Go 4.0 App. However, the option is to enable or disable mid-flight CSC and from that menu, it appears that mid-flight CSC is a combo left stick to bottom right corner (inward and down) and RTH button press ONLY.

The regular CSC to fire up and shut down motors is a dual stick inward or outward movement.

In the manual there is a warning not to do this in flight. SO are there three CSC mid-flight maneuvers one can use or one, IF enabled.
2017-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-1-7 03:32
Thanks for clarifying. Yes, the option has to be specified in the Go 4.0 App. However, the option is to enable or disable mid-flight CSC and from that menu, it appears that mid-flight CSC is a combo left stick to bottom right corner (inward and down) and RTH button press ONLY.

The regular CSC to fire up and shut down motors is a dual stick inward or outward movement.

Using the two sticks down and inward or outward in mid air will cause the aircraft to do something entirely different in mid air , on landing this will cause your aircraft to spin and turn over , landing and stopping  use left stick down will shut off the motors this is activated by IMU which realize that the aircraft can no longer move down any further so it shuts down the motors.

So there are only 2 CSC options of which you have to choose one in the app, I think Labroides is right it only becomes confusing there is no need for two CSC , it's not something you can try out to see which one suits.

Ps , I think in older aircraft the use of inward or outward and down used to cut off motors.
2017-1-7
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-7 03:51
Using the two sticks down and inward or outward in mid air will cause the aircraft to do something entirely different in mid air , on landing this will cause your aircraft to spin and turn over , landing and stopping  use left stick down will shut off the motors this is activated by IMU which realize that the aircraft can no longer move down any further so it shuts down the motors.

So there are only 2 CSC options of which you have to choose one in the app, I think Labroides is right it only becomes confusing there is no need for two CSC , it's not something you can try out to see which one suits.

Yep, Thanks for your input too. We are all experienced pilots using DJI multiple aircraft. I think its important DJI tidy up the instruction set and their manual. Some of the material has been copied and pasted without cross checking the new mid-air CSC.

I had a near accident when I used the 'old' CSC to shut down motors when my I1 was close to the ground... so a timely reminder.
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules