My gimbal is not functional well
1942 30 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kinlo38
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi there

Please note my mavic pro gimbal is not functioning properly. I have done all required - restart app/controller/drone, updated latest firmware, calibrated IMU, etc.

Could you advice how can i fix this???

2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you crash the aircraft before?
Did this happen after an update or just out of the box?Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?
2017-1-7
Use props
SoloPro
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I have the same problem after few weeks of Mavic using... It was never crashed and never hard landing.
I think you should send it to repair (I will do it after my Japan trip).
You probably still can use it (I found the way for myself):
Before starting on the main Mavic battery, turn the Mavic on right side (so left side facing up). Then gimbal can initialise itself. And then you turn it back and fly...
Still I have some gimbal problems during the flight: tilted horizon and others, but at least you can use your Mavic.

2017-1-7
Use props
Kinlo38
lvl.1

Hong Kong

This happen after update firmware, it has never been crashed.
I tried calibrate gimbal but it said obstructed. Ofcoz i already removed the gimbal plastic protector
2017-1-7
Use props
Kinlo38
lvl.1

Hong Kong

@solopro, thanks for ur suggestion but i tried and it still not working
2017-1-7
Use props
Kinlo38
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Dear dji support, any further suggestion on my issue?
2017-1-9
Use props
Kinlo38
lvl.1

Hong Kong

@dji mindy, any updates on my issue?
2017-1-10
Use props
Kenyxx
New

Mexico

I have exactly the same problem and searching on the net looks like we aren't only 3 persons to have that same problem.

Already tried to start the aircraft in all possible directions and didn't work... same: firmware downgrade, update, factory reset, IMU calibration but nothing seems to work.

DJI, how do we do?

Already sent an email to the support but no answer and now am trying to reach the customer service by phone... already 30 mins holding the line...
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kinlo38 Posted at 2017-1-10 02:45
@dji mindy, any updates on my issue?

Sorry Kinlo38, since you didn't click the reply button, I don't know you are responding to me.
Have you tried to restore factory defaults and try to refresh the firmware?
If still no work, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could get in touch with our tech support at support@dji.com.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenyxx Posted at 2017-1-10 17:19
I have exactly the same problem and searching on the net looks like we aren't only 3 persons to have that same problem.

Already tried to start the aircraft in all possible directions and didn't work... same: firmware downgrade, update, factory reset, IMU calibration but nothing seems to work.

Did you get a ticket number?
If not, please provide me with the email address you used to contact us.
2017-1-11
Use props
WBww6ZdTYFNx
New

United States

2017-1-11
Use props
jshear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2021 ft
Bahamas

I had exact same problem. I ended sending mine back and after it was assessed they replaced the gimbal under warranty. The drone is now on the way back to me via UPS.

Cheers

Jeff
2017-1-11
Use props
SoloPro
lvl.2
Hong Kong

@jshear Glad to hear it was a warranty case. What was your case number? (it would be useful to know if I need to claim it's a warranty case too, when I send mine to repair)
2017-1-11
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

dumb question; have yo tried calibrating your gimbal?
2017-1-11
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

jshear Posted at 2017-1-11 08:00
I had exact same problem. I ended sending mine back and after it was assessed they replaced the gimbal under warranty. The drone is now on the way back to me via UPS.

Cheers

Did you get your drone back yet?  They are also replacing my gimbal under warranty repair but I see a new serial number assigned to my case so I wonder if I'm getting a replacement unit.
2017-1-15
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

I have the exact same issue as the OP. I received my drone on Thursday and have this issue from my second flight onwards. Did not have a crash on my first flight. Getting in touch with customer service has been an absolute nightmare. Sent an email to them but I seriously have no patience so I am going to post about it on every forum and channel possible (while I sit and wait on the phone for 30 minutes so far).

To anyone else who sent their drones for repair, how long did it take door to door?
2017-1-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

emirates901 Posted at 2017-1-16 09:11
I have the exact same issue as the OP. I received my drone on Thursday and have this issue from my second flight onwards. Did not have a crash on my first flight. Getting in touch with customer service has been an absolute nightmare. Sent an email to them but I seriously have no patience so I am going to post about it on every forum and channel possible (while I sit and wait on the phone for 30 minutes so far).

To anyone else who sent their drones for repair, how long did it take door to door?

We feel so sorry for the problem you're faced with. Since you've done all the basic troubleshooting, we do suggest you send it in, our engineers will help you evaluate it and take care of your case.
You can submit here for a case number and apply for pickup:  https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Please provide us your case number and we'll follow up your case, thanks.
2017-1-16
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

yoengel Posted at 2017-1-15 22:18
Did you get your drone back yet?  They are also replacing my gimbal under warranty repair but I see a new serial number assigned to my case so I wonder if I'm getting a replacement unit.

By 'replacement unit' I hope you mean a new one and not a refurbished unit.
2017-1-16
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-16 18:57
By 'replacement unit' I hope you mean a new one and not a refurbished unit.

I have the same question. IF they replace the drone, do they ship a new one or a refurbished one? If its a refurbished one, I'd just take the refund and buy a new one.
2017-1-17
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

emirates901 Posted at 2017-1-17 06:17
I have the same question. IF they replace the drone, do they ship a new one or a refurbished one? If its a refurbished one, I'd just take the refund and buy a new one.

I sent mine in this past Tuesday... We'll know something sooner or later.
2017-1-18
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-18 20:49

I have about 10 hours of flight time up to now and my gimbal works perfectly.

What I can see in ANY of these gimbal-problem-vids at start-up is, that the camera does not face level forward at startup (which should be the case when gimbal-bracket was mounted for transport and removed before firing up the Mavic).

Could THIS be part of the problem ?
2017-1-19
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-19 00:43
I have about 10 hours of flight time up to now and my gimbal works perfectly.

What I can see in ANY of these gimbal-problem-vids at start-up is, that the camera does not face level forward at startup (which should be the case when gimbal-bracket was mounted for transport and removed before firing up the Mavic).

I can't recall if the camera would face forward while the drone was powered off before the issue surfaced or not. I would think the camera would not stay in the forward facing position when powered off since the gimbal has no power to make it stay in that position... which is why the gimbal bracket is there for transport, to support it from flopping around.
I think I'm answering your question, let me know if I am not.
2017-1-19
Use props
fansd1cc2c91
lvl.2
United States

I had the same issue after a minor crash. I had to send back the mavic for repair and they replaced the gimbal control board. The repair was free of cost as it was in warranty.

2017-1-19
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-19 09:54
I can't recall if the camera would face forward while the drone was powered off before the issue surfaced or not. I would think the camera would not stay in the forward facing position when powered off since the gimbal has no power to make it stay in that position... which is why the gimbal bracket is there for transport, to support it from flopping around.
I think I'm answering your question, let me know if I am not.

Well, it´s just an observation: in virtually EVERY vid of gimbal malfunction at startup the camera faces up/down/left up/right down etc. BEFORE Mavic is switched on.

These positions are IMPOSSIBLE when the bracket was mounted and removed before firing up the Mavic. WITH mounted bracket the only possible position is level-forward after removal of the bracket.

Basically the gimbal during flight can move only up/down and only slightly left/right to compensate fast yaw-movements (which leads to the sometimes jerky vids at yawing), but it can never "look" left/right-up/down at almost 45°.

So what if non-level-forward position of camera before startup "confuses" the gimbal-startup-procedure and leads to these errors ?
2017-1-20
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-18 20:49

I sent mine in on Tuesday as well. I am shipping from the Midwest and it is estimated to be delivered this Monday. Did yours get delivered already? I hope I can get it by the end of the month. I travel to Iceland/Greenland in March and wanted to get some solid flying time before the trip.
2017-1-20
Use props
vliegmeer
lvl.1

Germany

I had the exact same issue as the OP. Did send the mavic to dji in november and it was repaired for free / warranty.
never crashed. it just started to happen and the gimbal was "smashing" into the end points during initialisation. after two weeks of firmware downgrading / upgrding / reseting and try to fix it myself, i did send it in.
2017-1-20
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

emirates901 Posted at 2017-1-20 08:00
I sent mine in on Tuesday as well. I am shipping from the Midwest and it is estimated to be delivered this Monday. Did yours get delivered already? I hope I can get it by the end of the month. I travel to Iceland/Greenland in March and wanted to get some solid flying time before the trip.

UPS says it was delivered. Waiting to hear what they have to say.
2017-1-23
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-23 20:38
UPS says it was delivered. Waiting to hear what they have to say.

My package got delivered yesterday and there hasnt been an update yet. If I do not hear anything by EOD today then I am calling them tomorrow to push the matter a little bit.
2017-1-24
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

emirates901 Posted at 2017-1-24 11:20
My package got delivered yesterday and there hasnt been an update yet. If I do not hear anything by EOD today then I am calling them tomorrow to push the matter a little bit.

Same here, though I just got a few emails saying they have received it and assessed it; replacing gimbal and camera. Email also says repairs will be finished in 3 to 5 business days
2017-1-25
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-25 12:56
Same here, though I just got a few emails saying they have received it and assessed it; replacing gimbal and camera. Email also says repairs will be finished in 3 to 5 business days

I got the same ones. My repair is covered under warranty. I hope they ship it out by tomorrow. I'd love to be able to fly some next weekend.
2017-1-26
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-25 12:56

Have you heard anything else from them?
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules