10424 13 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

As ususal DJI doesn't bother with even the most sparse description of changes or improvements implemented in new GO app version ... Some features are disappearing, some new are discovered by accident ... For example very welcomed (by many) feature called Gimbal Pitch Smootness. It works nicely on my P3P with wide adjustment range and desired effect. With Inspire 1 Pro, however, does not. No matter how I set the sliders the momentum effect seems to be not achievable, leaving only the dial wheel pitching speed adjustable. I wonder if the reason for this is related to Inspire FW being not updated to the most recent version, while Go app version is.

gimbal pitch smoothness 2.jpg
inspire status 2.jpg
2017-1-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I find that gimbal Pitch EXP to be way to sensitive ,    I have mine like at 5 but anything above that is ways to fast , it is like the graph for the expo is a lopsided bell if you know what I mean .  This is on my Inspire Pro , andI am still trying to get the settings just right.
donnie
2017-1-7
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-7 05:38
I find that gimbal Pitch EXP to be way to sensitive ,    I have mine like at 5 but anything above that is ways to fast , it is like the graph for the expo is a lopsided bell if you know what I mean .  This is on my Inspire Pro , andI am still trying to get the settings just right.
donnie

I agree, but that's not the issue here, Donnie. Gimbal Pitch EXP parameter is usable and manageable to a degree, still the moment you let the dial wheel go to neutral center position, it stops the pitch abruptly.
I'm talking about Gimbal Pitch Smoothness parameter (line 4 on Advanced Settings page). This value - when tweaked on Phantom 3 Pro - controls the "fade" in and out when executing gimbal pitch. Another words pitch command triggers linear ramp up, starting from zero to whatever value is set at EXP. After the command is canceled, the gimbal continue to pitch slowing to zero. Really nice feature for slow, peaceful landscape filming.  

For some reason this feature is not active with my Inspire 1 Pro.

Cheers, Brother.
2017-1-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt
The sensitivity is way for fast since they changed the features in the Go App. I am running the latest FW for the Inspire 1 V2 X3 and it is still to fast, I run my settings at about 9-12.

PS this was discussed in the beta tests and I believe that DJI is aware of the sensitivity issue.

I actually find the controls to fast on my P4, Mavic Pro and Inspire 1

Edit:

sorry I missed it too...  The smoothness works okay for me on my drones as far as I can tell. Run it at about 14.

Rich
2017-1-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-7 13:10
I agree, but that's not the issue here, Donnie. Gimbal Pitch EXP parameter is usable and manageable to a degree, still the moment you let the dial wheel go to neutral center position, it stops the pitch abruptly.
I'm talking about Gimbal Pitch Smoothness parameter (line 4 on Advanced Settings page). This value - when tweaked on Phantom 3 Pro - controls the "fade" in and out when executing gimbal pitch. Another words pitch command triggers linear ramp up, starting from zero to whatever value is set at EXP. After the command is canceled, the gimbal continue to pitch slowing to zero. Really nice feature for slow, peaceful landscape filming.  

Oh, ok , I get it ....thanks for clarifying brother !!

Cheers  back at ya !

donnie
2017-1-8
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-8 02:46
Oh, ok , I get it ....thanks for clarifying brother !!

Cheers  back at ya !

Thank you both Guys for Posting ,  I was having the same problem with the gimbal .

Hopefully I will get to try it again when my drone get back on tuesday from DJI
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-7 13:10

When the smooth is set to 0, the gimbal stops moving immediately after the aircraft brakes. When the smooth is set to a larger value, such as 30, the gimbal will move certain distance before stopping after the aircraft brakes.
Do you mean whatever the smooth value is set, gimbal makes no difference?
2017-1-8
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-8 19:50
When the smooth is set to 0, the gimbal stops moving immediately after the aircraft brakes. When the smooth is set to a larger value, such as 30, the gimbal will move certain distance before stopping after the aircraft brakes.
Do you mean whatever the smooth value is set, gimbal makes no difference?

Wait a moment, Mindy ... You said " after aircraft brakes"? I'm confused ... what it has to do with aircraft flying, hovering or sitting on my desk? I'm talking about controlling the gimbal pitch with left dial wheel on RC. Beside EXP value setting - which adjust the speed of pitching - the smoothness value does nothing, no matter if it's 0 or 30...
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-1-8 22:21
Wait a moment, Mindy ... You said " after aircraft brakes"? I'm confused ... what it has to do with aircraft flying, hovering or sitting on my desk? I'm talking about controlling the gimbal pitch with left dial wheel on RC. Beside EXP value setting - which adjust the speed of pitching - the smoothness value does nothing, no matter if it's 0 or 30...

The gimbal EXP setting is for adjusting the speed of gimbal dial.
When the EXP is set to 0, the gimbal does not respond to the command. When the EXP is set to 100, the gimbal responds to the command at its quickest speed. When the gimbal dial is moved fully to the left or right, the response speed of the gimbal of which the EXP is set to 15 is smaller than that of which the EXP is set to 100.
They have different function.
2017-1-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 02:59
When the EXP is set to 0, the gimbal does not respond to the command. When the EXP is set to 100, the gimbal responds to the command at its quickest speed. When the gimbal dial is moved fully to the left or right, the response speed of the gimbal of which the EXP is set to 15 is smaller than that of which the EXP is set to 100.

So I don't understand either where the brake function on the Aircraft  comes in on this .

donnie
2017-1-10
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-10 05:47
So I don't understand either where the brake function on the Aircraft  comes in on this .

donnie

Yeah, Brother ... Things like that makes me go hmmm ...
2017-1-10
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 02:59

Thank you, Mindy ... Finally I've been able to figure out the relations between EXP and Smoothness values when controlling the gimbal movements with left dial wheel and C1 button on RC. EXP values set around 2-5 and Smoothness at maximum value of 30 results with acceptable gimbal dynamics for slow-paced filming.

Still - when compared with identical feature - Phantom 3 Pro gimbal is pitching way more smoothly. Perhaps it is possible to tune up the firmware to make Zenmuse X3/X5 gimbal react in similar buttery smooth way? This is complex issue, since Inspire platform is designed basically for double RC control, but ...
2017-1-10
Use props
ThinAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 659150 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just updated I1 Pro and noticed the same thing ! Older version was way better to smooth down gimbal tilt. EXP at 3 and Smoothness all up is not as smooth as before. DJI, please roll that back, please !  
2017-1-11
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ThinAir Posted at 2017-1-11 12:25
Just updated I1 Pro and noticed the same thing ! Older version was way better to smooth down gimbal tilt. EXP at 3 and Smoothness all up is not as smooth as before. DJI, please roll that back, please !

Fix? Unlikely, my friend, but you never know ... That's what makes our adventure with DJI so efficient in adrenaline production ...
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules