Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying with two screens
2881 4 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trigger 3
New

United Kingdom

Hi all I'm new so thanks for letting me on your forum.
Is it possible and safe to connect my iPhone 6s and my iPad mini to the drone at the same time to allow a second party to watch the flight at the same time I fly the drone
Cheers Trigger
2017-1-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Trigger,

The way this is normally done is by using HDMI.  The USB Phantoms can have an HDMI module installed to replace the USB module on the Remote Controller.  The HDMI module costs $99, but comes with the P4 Pro+ (plus).  I have two Phantoms with HDMI modules on the Remote Controllers.  I also have a nVidia Shield K1 (Android) that has an HDMI port that does the same thing.

If you have an iOS device that has an HDMI port, you can do it with that device.  A number of Phantom Fliers use these HDMI systems to do what you are thinking about.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-7
Use props
Trigger 3
New

United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-1-7 02:23
Aloha Trigger,

The way this is normally done is by using HDMI.  The USB Phantoms can have an HDMI module installed to replace the USB module on the Remote Controller.  The HDMI module costs $99, but comes with the P4 Pro+ (plus).  I have two Phantoms with HDMI modules on the Remote Controllers.  I also have a nVidia Shield K1 (Android) that has an HDMI port that does the same thing.

Thanks for that reply just got to work out what it means haha. Bit of a tech retard myself :-)
2017-1-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trigger 3 Posted at 2017-1-7 03:15
Thanks for that reply just got to work out what it means haha. Bit of a tech retard myself :-)

Aloha Trigger,

The DJI Store is not only a candy store for those who like to fly DJI products, it is also a great source of information to learn about how DJI systems work.  In your case, the HDMI modules are sold there and there are manuals and product information on most of the applications.  The specifications sheets are particularly valuable.  Do not let the information intimidate you.  Each concept has an explanation somewhere.  Find the explanation.  

Also, copy the communications you have on issues of your concern and highlight the products and concepts of interest.  Then look-up the products and concepts so you can better understand them.  In this process, you will find your own depth.  No way can you keep up with networks, 2000 pages are written each day on networks.  Maybe you will be able to handle a paragraph a day - hey, I am up to a sentence a day!  There is a lot of information and it applies to every aspect of your life in the digital world.  Learning about DJI systems will help you in other areas of you life.

Think about it.  How many members of this Forum have learned about transferring files from one computer to another because we have to do it with our Phantoms, and on and on.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Give the fellow a link.
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hdmi-output-module
And a couple of pics of the module...$99, buys you the ability to run s second monitor. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules