Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Noise camera gimbal movement
2948 21 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidelosauro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128399 ft
Italy

Listen to audio in the video and notice the noise it makes when I move rooms? what can it be? the drone has one week

2017-1-7
Use props
fans0f6c21b7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1295794 ft
  • >>>
Norway

That sounds to me like the wrong PID settings on Alexmos (the motors complains and starts shaking) Try to recalibrate the gimbal. What I'm concern also is that ribbon pressing the gimble down on right side. If you heard about gimbal balancing, the way that ribbon is mounted doesn't look ideal to me. Wondering as well if that ribbon cable gets stiffer (harder) in cold temperatures. My P4 pro+ gimbal doesn't have that noise do (not yet
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please clarify which Phantom model you have? Phantom 4 or Phantom 4 Pro?
Do you have any issue with the image or video?
2017-1-10
Use props
fansc423b210
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167746 ft
Australia

Mine makes the exact same sound
2017-1-10
Use props
SHIPARCH
lvl.1
United States

Is this normal? I just received my P4P+ yesterday and it makes a similar noise.

Also when the aircraft is off and I push the camera down gently it makes a faint crushing sound... like crushing a bug.

My $400 P3S does not make a single noise. How could an $1800 drone do this. If it's normal it's ok but if it's not it's going back.
2017-1-13
Use props
TerraVisuals
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167746 ft
Australia

Mine sounds the same. Never had this with my P4
2017-1-13
Use props
Dron-e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3542379 ft
  • >>>
Italy

same disorder on two phantom 4 pro. :/
2017-1-13
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

that's weird I am glad mine doesn't do this I hope its a firm ware issue I will have to see what mine I received today does when the weather warms up.
2017-1-13
Use props
SHIPARCH
lvl.1
United States

The camera clicking sound I have is shown in this video from another post in this site. DJI never said if this was normal.

Mine does not touch the ribbon cable at all but it's quite close.

Anyone else have this issue... DJI is this normal?

https://youtu.be/uWyKViERMHQ

Here's the original thread:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-77498-1-1.html
2017-1-13
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

fans0f6c21b7 Posted at 2017-1-7 07:08
That sounds to me like the wrong PID settings on Alexmos (the motors complains and starts shaking) Try to recalibrate the gimbal. What I'm concern also is that ribbon pressing the gimble down on right side. If you heard about gimbal balancing, the way that ribbon is mounted doesn't look ideal to me. Wondering as well if that ribbon cable gets stiffer (harder) in cold temperatures. My P4 pro+ gimbal doesn't have that noise do (not yet

Ha! I have a couple gimbals I work with and balancing those are crucial. So of course I had to balance my P4P+ camera out of my own pickiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UD-n4tiHUk

2017-1-13
Use props
vidwiz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 01:07
Hello, could you please clarify which Phantom model you have? Phantom 4 or Phantom 4 Pro?
Do you have any issue with the image or video?

Mine makes this noise too.  Several reports here and elsewhere.  Mine is non + model, latest Jan. firmware.
2017-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

vidwiz Posted at 2017-1-14 18:59
Mine makes this noise too.  Several reports here and elsewhere.  Mine is non + model, latest Jan. firmware.

Hello, if you don't have any issue with taking photos and recording videos, then you don't need to worry about it.
2017-1-15
Use props
quadslo
lvl.2

Slovenia

This is my situation, it buzzes when tilting to the right...

2017-1-15
Use props
Dron-e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3542379 ft
  • >>>
Italy

quadslo Posted at 2017-1-15 02:30
This is my situation, it buzzes when tilting to the right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6iPzCwv5J0

It is a known issue :/
2017-1-19
Use props
GranCanario
lvl.1
Spain

haven't seen this - I have a similar issue, while for me the buzzing induces jello and get's worse when the phantom is tilt backwards - goes away when phantom is tilt forwards. jello does not happen when gimbal looks straight down
2017-1-19
Use props
GranCanario
lvl.1
Spain

Unfortunately mine buzzes in normal position as well - so I have heavy jello when hovering (none when flying forward)

2017-1-19
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GranCanario Posted at 2017-1-19 11:02
Unfortunately mine buzzes in normal position as well - so I have heavy jello when hovering (none when flying forward)

Hi David,

Please try the following as it appears to have worked for me to eliminate the howling and random horizontal gimbal movements:

From the DJI Assistant:
1) Restore aircraft to factory settings.
2) Install the latest firmware from .304.

Recalibrate the Aircraft and Controller:
    a) Calibrate the IMUs
    b) Calibrate the compass
    c) Calibrate the RC (need to disconnect the RC from the aircraft)
    d) Reconnect the RC to the aircraft
    e) Calibrate the gimbal

Please report back if this eliminated the howling and any random movements in the gimbal.

Donald Barar
2017-1-19
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Man u guys are wayyyy to anal....if it records video, stabilizes and takes pictures whats the fuss??? Of course the gimbal is going to make noise its brushless motors and electronics in sync
2017-1-19
Use props
GranCanario
lvl.1
Spain

gambino - The actual problem is not the sound, but the sound is made by / induces hard vibrations and those vibrations can be seen in footage by heavy jello - this footage is then unusable, yuo can even see the gimbal shaking in some of the videos

DGBara - I already tried to downgrade to the oldest available firmware (and do all the calibs) - will also try with a complete factory reset if it solves my issue (I hope so)
2017-1-20
Use props
GranCanario
lvl.1
Spain

Just did a factory reset, gimbal buzzing still there
update to latest firmware - buzzing stays
after the imu calibration the buzzing was less (maybe because the gimbal was moved)
RC cali
gimbal calibration now does not longer stay so long with 6% go to 12% and back to 6% again - gimbal calib no fail
go for fly - jello still there, after landing gimbal is only slightly buzzing, but as seen in footage it is still inducing jello. more an backtilt, less on forwardtilt (in footage seen at the end = braking, middle = slow forward, beginning = hover) - reproducable on ground when tilting drone by hand

maybe IMU issue? maybe gimbal issue?
2017-1-20
Use props
fansf69eb3b0
New

United States

I have the same issue with mince.  It is annoying and asking to have my Quad replaced.  Look at my video it is crazy noise.

2017-2-1
Use props
fans70f0342e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

I purchased a p4p at best buy 2 weeks ago had the same issue I returned it 4 times for a new one and every single unit had the same problem today I went back and ask for a refund of my money don't know what's going on ...
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules