Mavic Pro - where best to order from in UK ?
1318 9 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So with DJI promising shipping in 7-10 working days and no sign of my order from Jessops I'm not sure what to do. Buying from a high st retailer seems the best option - easy to return etc but if I've got to wait another month I'm not sure I can. So if I order direct from DJI I loose the easy return option. Any advice either way would be great based on peoples experience.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans22fedf0b
New

United Kingdom

I couldnt bare to wait any longer so I canceled my order from Wex and lost my position in there que as I recieved an email from DJI promising to ship before the 18th January, so now I have reordered from DJI fingers crossed hope iv made the right decision ?
2017-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's very simple to return to dji, I wouldn't worry about that, think the way it looks now dji is your best bet. Good luck..
2017-1-7
Use props
DanCarpy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Why would you want to return anyway unless there was a problem with the drone? And in that case you'd send it back to dji under warranty anyway.
I cancelled my jessops order yesterday because they still have no exact date of delivery and they've only just cleared mid oct pre orders.
Ordered with dji on 27th dec and they have said it will ship on or before the 18th jan. Id just order with dji imo seeing as uk retailers dont seem to be getting stock. If you want to buy from uk stockist thougn then maplins have been the best overall so keep an eye out.
2017-1-7
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks for the comments. My main reason for wanting to buy from a high st retailer would be in the event the drone is faulty. I know I could return to DJI but I'm not sure how long the turn around process is. My other concern is around what may be returned from DJI. I've read multiple posts on DJI returning refurbished units in the event of warranty claims. If I returned to Jesspos or Maplin I'd expect to get a new sealed unit rather than a refurbished item especially as stock is now starting to become available. I bought a P4 from Jessops and had issues which were fixed over the counter rather than waiting for the whole DJI return process. Just trying to weigh up the pro's and con's etc.
2017-1-7
Use props
Corty
New

United Kingdom

Just a note regarding Maplins. When I visited them Tuesday 3rd Jan they had 800+ arriving on the 6th Jan. When I visited them Wednesday 4th Jan to place an order they only had 5 coming in on 10th Jan. I just had a call to say my spare battery and props arrived but they are now estimating the 15th January and didn't confirm numbers.

Luckily I'm in no rush as my final uni project deadline is 20th Jan - so I'd be quite happy if it doesn't turn up until then! Although I am now an expert on the user manual!
2017-1-7
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bit the bullet and ordered direct from DJI on the 10.01.17 - now showing shipped on 11.01.17
2017-1-11
Use props
Gagaryn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6447 ft
United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-11 02:49
Bit the bullet and ordered direct from DJI on the 10.01.17 - now showing shipped on 11.01.17

Wow! That was fast. :-)
2017-1-11
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-11 02:49

Congratulation to you but just goes to show the queuing system is an absolute sham.
2017-1-11
Use props
chippie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-7 05:45
Thanks for the comments. My main reason for wanting to buy from a high st retailer would be in the event the drone is faulty. I know I could return to DJI but I'm not sure how long the turn around process is. My other concern is around what may be returned from DJI. I've read multiple posts on DJI returning refurbished units in the event of warranty claims. If I returned to Jesspos or Maplin I'd expect to get a new sealed unit rather than a refurbished item especially as stock is now starting to become available. I bought a P4 from Jessops and had issues which were fixed over the counter rather than waiting for the whole DJI return process. Just trying to weigh up the pro's and con's etc.

At the current state of play with the short supply of the Mavic even if you purchased locally in the UK, the retailer would have to send it back to DJI on your behalf as they simply do not have stock. This happened to me with Jessops. Eventually with enough stock then this may of course change but then you will only be eligible for an over the counter exchange within x days of purchase after which you will have to send it back to DJI anyway. DJI are absolutely superb with the turn around on replacements though (with shipping around 7 days). I have not heard of anyone receiving a refub unit with a warranty exchange, well not with the Mavic. If you return it within 14 days to DJI directly then you will get a brand new sealed unit anyway.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules