1264 7 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf74be024
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55348 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Over the last couple of flights, the white locks have become extremely stiff to unlock (to the point they almost don't come off). Is there any way of resolving this?

Thanks
2017-1-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would change those locks ASAP, I replace mine every 3 monts or so , and it is inexpensive insurance .  My concern is that the electric motor may be overheating and causing it to get warped and therefore causing the  challenge.    do you happen to have a point and shot temp gauge?  they are fairly inexpensive and a valuable tool to keep in the kit , you could then compare temps of each mortor . If not at least do a touch comparison to see if the suspect prop locks are getting overheated .  

I hope this helps , and order the new locks ASAP, I would also get another set of props as well.

let me know what you find out .
****Also did you recently replace the props or anything like that ?  I would really look close to see wht is causing the problem , maybe you can spot it in comparison with the others, only the white ones you say?  Interesting . Also is this outside when happening , or in all climate conditions , weather could play   a factor as well.  

donnie
2017-1-7
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701207 ft
United Kingdom

I experienced the same; ended up releasing the lock using pliers and then replacing the lock unit (about £3).
2017-1-10
Use props
Mike Watkins
New
United States

Holy cow - me too! Only the white ones on the original 1345T locks. This is a brand new Inspire 1 v2 that I've taken out only on two different days (45 total minutes of flight time). I know people are talking about getting the new 1345LS locks. Even though the introductory price for those is just $14 to get four brand new locks, it feels a little weird to me that I got less than an hour out of my Inspire 1 v2 before needing to pay for a repair that falls outside of routine maintenance. This sure seems like a design issue to me that I shouldn't be on the hook for.

If I can add something to the conversation here in response to Donnie Stugots: it's not a heat thing, they're tight when the bird is cold. And they definitely turn easily when there's no prop in place, and I can confirm that it's not a problem with locking down an improperly seated prop - I'm seating the prop all the way down first. It really is as if something is changing over time, causing a reduction in the clearance.
2017-2-12
Use props
JefferyOliver
New
Flight distance : 53166 ft
United States

Thanks all who have posted here. I started experiencing the same thing at 1.5 hours of flight time: the white props would seat, the locks turned easily without the prop, but when I put the props on it's super tight to lock them in place. And, it's definitely something that is changing, getting worse, over time. Thanks for the tips here.

In response to Donnie Stugots: I have the same experience as Mike Watkins, that around 1.5 hours of flight time I noticed the white props only were tighter. Now at 2 hours of flight time, I'm not flying because I can't get the props off without using a screwdriver to pry the locks which seems like a bad idea. I was flying at altitude in the mountains when I noticed this so there may be something to Donnie's idea of motors getting too hot. I was still well within the published limits for wind/altitude.
I'm flying a stock Inspire 1 Pro purchased in February 2017.
2017-4-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's time to replace your hubs. Upgrade to the new 1345 LS hubs... very nice with a metal base  and locking pins.

Rich

Supports Inspire 1 1345T/1360T Quick Release Propellers. It features an ultra-secure locking mechanism that prevents propellers from coming loose during flight.
It includes one pair of Propeller Mounting Plates, 1 clockwise and 1 counter-clockwise Propeller Mounting Plates.

1345LS Link
2017-4-30
Use props
fans6bef4596
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7789190 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mine are less than 1 month old, not calculated how much flying time, but the same here. Very perculiar. My mounting plates were bought in march with the new propellers for the I1. Buying now the new 1345LS is just crazy. I was actually happy with the old screw on propellers!
2017-5-1
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes there have been issues with props and mounts.

All inspire 1 with the upgraded mounts are affected.
All inspire 2 mounts AND props are flawed by design.

Inspire 2 propellers rattle, the V2 propellers rattle too
The Inspire 2 mounts are faulty and may loose your prop mid flight.

My inspire 2 has been grounded for months until dji sort out their stuff....

Wait another 6 months or so and then buy new mounts, new props, maybe by the end of the year they will have fixed their currently flawed high end drone
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules