Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware update issue at 99% on a P4
2198 10 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjr0404
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,
I have a question reguarding my phantom 4 looking for some advice. This is the second P4 Ive brought home from best buys the first one I had to return for dead battery. I have a Ipad mini 2 w/cell and downloaded the dji go4 ap to it. I charged both batteries fully remote, and P4.  I powered up the remote then the aircraft and then launched the go4 ap. I completed the registration process and was instructed to install a firmware update. This version is V01.02.0602, during update at about 50% I received a notification that it was not  connected to P4 to remove and reconnect to it . It was still updating so I thought Id just let it keep running anyway. I has gotten to 99% but will not complete, also i do not know if this is related but the aircraft is beeping about every 1 second and there are 3 solid red lights on 3 of the motors and no light at all on the forth. This beeping and light going red started about thirty seconds after the aircraft was initially powered up. This process is becoming frustrating after battery issues and now this.
2017-1-7
Use props
bjr0404
lvl.1

United States

So I figured out what the beeping and red lights are ESC errors all 4 motors looks like another Phantom 4 goes back. Can you figure out I may be just a little frustrated at this point.
2017-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What happens if you switch all off and then power up again ?
2017-1-7
Use props
bjr0404
lvl.1

United States

It stays the same I even tried leaving the battery out for a min still the same errors. It says to contact dji support. It powers up starts to go through initialization then shows the 3 red lights and sec error again.
2017-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr0404 Posted at 2017-1-7 11:50
It stays the same I even tried leaving the battery out for a min still the same errors. It says to contact dji support. It powers up starts to go through initialization then shows the 3 red lights and sec error again.

I would try refreshing firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on a PC with a direct connect to P4 via USB.

You can get Assistant 2 from Here.

If you can't log on to it try again tomorrow, their servers been having problems.
2017-1-7
Use props
bjr0404
lvl.1

United States

I just got back from best buys again exchanged it for my third P4 . I opened the box there and again another completely dead battery so I kept mine. I'll charge up the controller and try setting it up tomorrow. Do I have to delete registration in the go app for the other one? Thanks for any information as I'm not familiar with the phantom 4, and I apologize for getting off track here.
2017-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr0404 Posted at 2017-1-7 15:45
I just got back from best buys again exchanged it for my third P4 . I opened the box there and again another completely dead battery so I kept mine. I'll charge up the controller and try setting it up tomorrow. Do I have to delete registration in the go app for the other one? Thanks for any information as I'm not familiar with the phantom 4, and I apologize for getting off track here.

"Do I have to delete registration in the go app for the other one?"

Not that I'm aware of, but you will need to activate your new machine against your DJI user name & password.

Make sure all batteries are fully charged and make sure you have a good connection on your device.
BTW which display device are you using ?
My preference for doing upgrades is to use DJI Assistant 2 on a PC with a direct USB connection to aircraft (You will probably need 'Assistant 2' at some point to calibrate the sensors). But if you prefer
to use DJI Go (You can use DJI Go, or DJI Go 4 with the P4) to do the updates, then make sure you have a good speed wifi connection, and some patience
2017-1-7
Use props
bjr0404
lvl.1

United States

I'm using an ipad mini 2 with cell for gps. I tried using the DJI Go 4 to update firmware on the last P4 and that led to my original question about it not completing the update it stopped at 99 %  for an hour. I ran DJI Go for the last attempt and the update completed with that app. I did download the DJI Assistant 2 but it wouldn't run on my PC with windows 10, it wouldn't recognize the P4 as connected so I ran the update on DJI Go and like I said that worked for me. I just upgraded my wifi so I do have good speed for downloads.

If it wasn't for the 4 ESC errors I would have been good. Thanks again for the help, hope this P4 works out 3rd time is the charm I hope.
2017-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr0404 Posted at 2017-1-7 16:33
I'm using an ipad mini 2 with cell for gps. I tried using the DJI Go 4 to update firmware on the last P4 and that led to my original question about it not completing the update it stopped at 99 %  for an hour. I ran DJI Go for the last attempt and the update completed with that app. I did download the DJI Assistant 2 but it wouldn't run on my PC with windows 10, it wouldn't recognize the P4 as connected so I ran the update on DJI Go and like I said that worked for me. I just upgraded my wifi so I do have good speed for downloads.

If it wasn't for the 4 ESC errors I would have been good. Thanks again for the help, hope this P4 works out 3rd time is the charm I hope.

"I did download the DJI Assistant 2 but it wouldn't run on my PC with windows 10"

Try right click on the download and App' when installed and run as 'Admin', plus the USB driver install needs your confirmation in a pop up window.

Good luck with the new machine
2017-1-7
Use props
bjr0404
lvl.1

United States

Thank you Aardvark, I will try that with this P4.
2017-1-7
Use props
bjr0404
lvl.1

United States

Update: I fired up my latest P4 and completed all updates to both the aircraft and remote everything looks good. Now all I need is good flying weather as it's about 10 degrees F outside. That's ok I can do some more research and become completely familiar with operating so I can hopefully handle any problem while flying. Thanks for the help here!
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules