CAN'T SAVE TO SD CARD no 2 from DJI GO (Mobile)
12752 14 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb533949b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am unable to get DJI GO to re-route SAVE to the 'second' SD Card installed in my phone (Samsung Galaxy A3(6) running Android 6) - I always get this error message   'Failed to set SD card save path - Follow the tutorial to reset'   even though I have followed the on-screen tutorial.

There are automatic entries on this SD Card made by DJI GO  under DJI/ Camera / Long Exposure (and Pano) - but nothing for video clips.  I have tried routing the video to these pre-made folders and to a Folder I have added at a higherr level on the SD Card but the same error message comes up.

FimicPlus will save to this SD card to its own folder under SD/Android/data/com.filmic.filmicplus.prod/files/DCIM/FilmicPro/(and then saves each clip).  Although I can't get Filmic Plus to save to a primary folder I have created on the SD Card - only to its own folder down this long path via the com. folder.

Is there anything I can do to get DJI GO to save to the SD card ?  Or is a DJI fix required for this Android device to enable it to access the SD Card ?  (I have ensured that the phone is set to allow DJI GO access to read and write on this SD Card).

Hope DJI can advise (or anyone else who may hve cracked this on Android).  Thanks.

2017-1-7
Use props
lcv69
lvl.1
Italy

Hello,

I've got the same problem on my Osmo Mobile. I use an Honor 7 that works fine for all the other features in DJI Go.
But it is impossible to set a destination directoy on the sd card.

I checked the permissions of the app in the Android settings and it results that DJI Go can write on the sd card.

There is a procedure (not the tutorial inside the app, I did it a hundred times) to follow?
There will be an update of the sw shortly in order to solve this problem???

We are waiting for your answer!!!

Thank you.
2017-1-18
Use props
fansb533949b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Disappointing not to get any response from DJI on this - even if only to acknowledge the problem - or to tell us we have to do something that we have missed.
We can't be the only 2 people with this problem.  If FimicPlus can save clips to the second SD card on Android then it it must be possible for DJI to do it.  

As it stands I can't use the joystick on the DJI Mobile because I have to use FilmicPlus not the DJI App.  A real shame and disappointment.  
Apart from this software issue, the gimbal itself is brilliant.

DJI's response eagerly awaited.
2017-1-26
Use props
fansb533949b
lvl.1

United Kingdom

lcv69 Posted at 2017-1-18 08:06
Hello,

I've got the same problem on my Osmo Mobile. I use an Honor 7 that works fine for all the other features in DJI Go.

There is a sort of work-around - you can Move the clips from your phones internal card (Device Storage)  to the 'external' SD card you have put in your phone.   First create a folder on your SD Card in your phone and call it say, DJI Camera.
Go to your Main Apps screen and from the Apps icon select the Tools folder and then My Files which shows' Device Storage' and 'SD Card'.  Select Device Storage and then the DJI folder and then select the Camera folder where your clips have been stored automatically by the DJI app.  Touch and hold a clip so that it moves to the right and a ticked box is visible on the left (you can then Select All in the top yellow bar if you want to move all clips).
Then touch Move on the top yellow bar (right hand side) and then select Move from the drop down list which shows 'Device Storage/ SD Card' options.  Select SD Card and locate the folder where you want your clips to be moved to eg DJI Camera and select it.  Click DONE and they will be moved to your SD Card folder.

It is not as complicates as it sounds when you actually do it but it is still a bit of a faff, so I hope DJI will fix the storage location option soon.
Hope this helps if you were not aware of this option.

2017-1-26
Use props
lcv69
lvl.1
Italy

fansb533949b Posted at 2017-1-26 07:21
There is a sort of work-around - you can Move the clips from your phones internal card (Device Storage)  to the 'external' SD card you have put in your phone.   First create a folder on your SD Card in your phone and call it say, DJI Camera.
Go to your Main Apps screen and from the Apps icon select the Tools folder and then My Files which shows' Device Storage' and 'SD Card'.  Select Device Storage and then the DJI folder and then select the Camera folder where your clips have been stored automatically by the DJI app.  Touch and hold a clip so that it moves to the right and a ticked box is visible on the left (you can then Select All in the top yellow bar if you want to move all clips).
Then touch Move on the top yellow bar (right hand side) and then select Move from the drop down list which shows 'Device Storage/ SD Card' options.  Select SD Card and locate the folder where you want your clips to be moved to eg DJI Camera and select it.  Click DONE and they will be moved to your SD Card folder.

Ciao fansb533949b,

thank you for your reply.
Yes I knew the possibility to move the files into the sd card from the smartphone memory manually, but in this way DJI Go doesn't find the files anymore and you can't manage them using the application.

I hope that DJI will solve this issue quickly.

Thanks again
2017-1-27
Use props
fans909f6e3d
New

United States

I FOUND A SOLUTION!  After numerous calls, Chats, and emails, DJI did everything they could to blame Samsung, Android, and even the SD card manufacturer.  Then they gave me misinformation about forcing the app to load onto my SD card which cannot be done.  I was just about to return the OSMO when I discovered if you choose the ROOT folder of the SD Card, it would work.
1 - Within the App, touch the Gear icon on the bottom right corner to get into the Setting menu.
2 - Touch Camera.  Scroll down and select Settings to the right of the Storage Location section.  (Note the path in gray letters under that section.
3 - Scroll to the bottom and touch Set Here.
4 - Touch the 3 horizontal bars to open the Open From drop down. and select SD Card and hit Set.  DO NOT GO INTO ANY FOLDERS>  It much be on the root directory of the SD card.
Hopefully this will work for you.
Considering they have a great product, their Customer Service and Technical Support is pathetic.  Not only are they not knowledgeable, they will tell you the absolute stupidest things to get you off the phone.  They have no manual for the OSMO Mobile and give you instructions on their other products.  
Good luck!

2017-2-15
Use props
fans909f6e3d
New

United States

I FOUND A SOLUTION!  After numerous calls, Chats, and emails, DJI did everything they could to blame Samsung, Android, and even the SD card manufacturer.  Then they gave me misinformation about forcing the app to load onto my SD card which cannot be done.  I was just about to return the OSMO when I discovered if you choose the ROOT folder of the SD Card, it would work.  1 - Within the App, touch the Gear icon on the bottom right corner to get into the Setting menu. 2 - Touch Camera.  Scroll down and select Settings to the right of the Storage Location section.  (Note the path in gray letters under that section. 3 - Scroll to the bottom and touch Set Here. 4 - Touch the 3 horizontal bars to open the Open From drop down. and select SD Card and hit Set.  DO NOT GO INTO ANY FOLDERS>  It much be on the root directory of the SD card. Hopefully this will work for you. Considering they have a great product, their Customer Service and Technical Support is pathetic.  Not only are they not knowledgeable, they will tell you the absolute stupidest things to get you off the phone.  They have no manual for the OSMO Mobile and give you instructions on their other products.   Good luck!
2017-2-15
Use props
fans909f6e3d
New

United States

lcv69 Posted at 2017-1-18 08:06
Hello,

I FOUND A SOLUTION!  After numerous calls, Chats, and emails, DJI did everything they could to blame Samsung, Android, and even the SD card manufacturer.  Then they gave me misinformation about forcing the app to load onto my SD card which cannot be done.  I was just about to return the OSMO when I discovered if you choose the ROOT folder of the SD Card, it would work.
1 - Within the App, touch the Gear icon on the bottom right corner to get into the Setting menu.
2 - Touch Camera.  Scroll down and select Settings to the right of the Storage Location section.  (Note the path in gray letters under that section.
4 - Touch the 3 horizontal bars to open the Open From drop down. and select SD Card and hit Set.  DO NOT GO INTO ANY FOLDERS>  It much be on the root directory of the SD card.
Considering they have a great product, their Customer Service and Technical Support is pathetic.  Not only are they not knowledgeable, they will tell you the absolute stupidest things to get you off the phone.  They have no manual for the OSMO Mobile and give you instructions on their other products.  
Good luck!
2017-2-15
Use props
fans909f6e3d
New

United States

fansb533949b Posted at 2017-1-26 04:46
Disappointing not to get any response from DJI on this - even if only to acknowledge the problem - or to tell us we have to do something that we have missed.
We can't be the only 2 people with this problem.  If FimicPlus can save clips to the second SD card on Android then it it must be possible for DJI to do it.  

Good luck!
2017-2-15
Use props
fans909f6e3d
New

United States

Sorry for the Dup Posts.  They can't create a Forum Board either!
2017-2-15
Use props
djiuser_Y0mr6oI
New
Australia

fans909f6e3d Posted at 2017-2-15 17:43

Thanks, I had the same problem, had made a file on my SD card for Dji to save to and it would say "Failed" every time I tried to set it to that folder.  I just chose the SD card as you said without specifying a folder in the SD card and it worked fine, it created a folder itself and works perfect.

Much appreciated!
2017-8-14
Use props
djiuser_Y0mr6oI
New
Australia

fans909f6e3d Posted at 2017-2-15 17:43

Thanks, I had the same problem, had made a file on my SD card for Dji to save to and it would say "Failed" every time I tried to set it to that folder.  I just chose the SD card as you said without specifying a folder in the SD card and it worked fine, it created a folder itself and works perfect.

Much appreciated!
2017-8-14
Use props
djiuser_rWQpo5yO7Htd
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Y0mr6oI Posted at 2017-8-14 06:38
Thanks, I had the same problem, had made a file on my SD card for Dji to save to and it would say "Failed" every time I tried to set it to that folder.  I just chose the SD card as you said without specifying a folder in the SD card and it worked fine, it created a folder itself and works perfect.

Much appreciated!

Thanks , still  an issue in the latest build for MAvic Air. This work around proved helpful for a Note 8 with an external SD card
2018-2-11
Use props
Danehardin
New

India

I have recently faced a problem with my carbon mobile. I have change Sd card and update with new software then It works
Internet Explorer 10 customer service
2018-5-17
Use props
kd6urx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12474 ft
United States

Had to login and say thanks....  

I guess the tutorial that they made could be a little more clear.

2019-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules