Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pulling my hair out...right from the start!
1254 10 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys,  I'm really really hoping that someone out there can give me a hand with this!

Ordered my new Phantom 3 standard about three weeks ago.  It arrived about two weeks ago but with my long hours at work I have not had a chance to get it up and running till friday.  I have watched many you tube videos in preperation for my new phantom.  I figured by the time it got here I should have everything down pat.

I have had nothing but problems from the go and I really need some help.   First off...

I went ahead and charged everything.  I downloaded the DJI app to my samsung note 3.   I turned on the remote and the Phantom...opened up the app and started the registration process...the first thing I noticed was that the phantom wifi kept turning itself off and disconnecting.  Over and over again i would have to close the app and reselect the phantom wifi to try to get it to work.  The app went through the startup process of naming the aircraft and what not and putting in an email to register the account.  About that time is when the wifi disconnets again.  Funny thing is sometimes I start up the app and it takes me right to where it says camera view and sometimes it takes me back to the beginning of the app to register again.  

Now even If I click on camera view it takes me to the main screen where there is still no camera view and it says in red weak controller signal and then 2 sec later the box is grey and it says disconnected.  This is all happening while the remote is sitting right next to me.  While on the main screen it does say "latest frimware!"  so I am assuming I am fully up to date.
Now at the same time the aircraft is beeping twice over and over and the rear wings are cycling through what appears to be the colors of green red and yellow, in that order.  

Now I have noticed that I can control the gimble with the remote. I wont even try anything else with out the gps.  

Then today I tried to connect with my samsung tablet....this time I managed to get the wifi to stay connected but the app keeps getting stuck on the register part...after I enter my email address and pass codes nothing happens. It just all freezes up and back to square one.

I have tried everything...  and also because I waited so long to open it up the company I bought it from does not want a return.  On monday I will call DJI support which I am hoping that someone on here might have a good phone number for them.

Any advice would be great...  I am in the Ft. lauderdale area of Florida if there is any flyers close to me or I dont even mind giving out my phone number to talk voice if anyone wants to help out...like I said I am at a loss.

I am not an advanced user so please if you have advice for me take it step by step...

Thanks again for reading

Chris

2017-1-7
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

Start here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-77089-1-1.html

Have you read the manual?
2017-1-7
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

You will need to be connected to wifi with internet to register.  The wifi in the drone does not have internet.
2017-1-7
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

The dji servers have been down over the weekend which may have affected the sign in and register problems, there are a few post on the forum about this and people having problems
2017-1-7
Use props
fansbc434456
lvl.4
Denmark

the latest firmware is 1.7.9 can you see this in the app??
try to do an imu calibration thrue the app under sensors.plase aircraft on a even surface like a table or floor and then do the calibration.dont touch anything when its calibrating. what colour does the remote on light have??
2017-1-8
Use props
cvein88
lvl.1
United States

Tyrohne Posted at 2017-1-7 16:06
Start here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-77089-1-1.html

Have you read the manual?

yes over and over and over...
2017-1-8
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Are you able to try a different device ? If you or someone has a newish Apple device you might find that solves most of your problems. IOS is widely recognised as the most stable platform for DJI products. Good Luck
2017-1-8
Use props
Tyrohne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85285 ft
  • >>>
United States

cvein88 Posted at 2017-1-8 04:34
yes over and over and over...

Okay.  I bought a P3S for my kids this Christmas.  I found the set up straight forward but this was my third Phantom.

I would delete the app on my phone/tablet and restart the device.

After that, restart your mobile device, reinstall the DJI Go App and register the device (if possible).   Remember you need to be connected to the Internet.

After that Turn on your Phantom and Controller and Connect to the The PhantomXXX Wifi.

If you can't control your device make sure you re-synch your device:

http://www.dronefly.com/blogs/ne ... roller-on-phantom-3

Good luck and I hope you get flying.  
2017-1-8
Use props
Hkdman
lvl.1

United States

Not sure if this will help - but you may wish to also calibrate the IMU.  Don't think that will do anything with your linking problem, but it is a start.  
2017-1-8
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I would try reinstalling the app. Also make sure all other apps are closed when you open up DJI GO as the app is very heavy on processor and memory use so you want as much freed up for it as you can.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans578642bf
lvl.1

United States

Did you link the Phantom to the controler.under the prop push the red button till it turns green it will beep and you r good to go
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules