Callebration
1754 27 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

My compass won't callebrate and I tried downgrading firmware then upgrading again and still failed. Also I am far away from objects that are metal. I have tried callebration probably 30 times in different places and still nothing. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know ASAP. Thanks
2017-1-7
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go to grassy open field. Remove pants and all other metal bits including your watch.
Open the legs.
Hold the Mavic above your head and spin 360 til the rear lights change colour. Then point nose down and spin again till the lights start to blink.
2017-1-7
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

keep the controller away from it if you haven't already tried that.
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good suggestions from the above posts.
Can you take a screenshot of the compass page, do this free from any metal and with the arms extended.
Also, can you explain how you are turning the aircraft during the procedure.
Go to MC Settings, Advanced Settings, Sensors, Compass, and get a screenshot of that page.
2017-1-7
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

I just did it again on an open grass baseball field. I rotated above my head and tried it at chest height. I tried spinning both directions. The horizontal compass seems to be working for the back of the mavic turns green right before it asks me to rotate vertically.
IMG_6421.PNG
2017-1-8
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

Any other suggestions ?
2017-1-9
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Point it strait down for the second part of the calibration. Some troll has it pictured sideways on the app.
2017-1-9
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-7 19:22
Good suggestions from the above posts.
Can you take a screenshot of the compass page, do this free from any metal and with the arms extended.
Also, can you explain how you are turning the aircraft during the procedure.

I just did it again on an open baseball field. I rotated above my head and tried it at chest height as well. I tried spinning both directions. The horizontal compass seems to be working for the back sensor of the mavic turns green right before it asks me to rotate vertically.

2017-1-9
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-9 12:15
I just did it again on an open baseball field. I rotated above my head and tried it at chest height as well. I tried spinning both directions. The horizontal compass seems to be working for the back sensor of the mavic turns green right before it asks me to rotate vertically.

2017-1-9
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Are you totally sure there is no metal any where near you,  as the remark is warning of this ??     do you have prosthetic joints or limbs ? sorry to say that but a friend i know has had that issue too!  and a steel plate and joint in his arm plays havoc with it.  also if you are near concrete roads, be aware there is often steel reinforcing in it.
2017-1-9
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-1-9 12:22
Are you totally sure there is no metal any where near you,  as the remark is warning of this ??     do you have prosthetic joints or limbs ? sorry to say that but a friend i know has had that issue too!  and a steel plate and joint in his arm plays havoc with it.  also if you are near concrete roads, be aware there is often steel reinforcing in it.

Nope none. I had no metal on me or around. I was right in the middle of a huge grass field...... Cant figure it out. I thought it could be firmware but i already tried downgrading and reinstalling, still nothing.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-9 12:35
Nope none. I had no metal on me or around. I was right in the middle of a huge grass field...... Cant figure it out. I thought it could be firmware but i already tried downgrading and reinstalling, still nothing.

That's strange, you have the arms unfolded and nothing attached to your Mavic right?
If possible, would you be able to video tape yourself during the procedure.
You can even do it in your house, I just want to see how you are doing it.
2017-1-9
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

IMG_2433.MOV.mov

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 12:58
That's strange, you have the arms unfolded and nothing attached to your Mavic right?

Yes arms folded out.
2017-1-9
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

IMG_2433.MOV.mov
2017-1-9
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 12:58

I uploaded it to my youtube channel
2017-1-9
Use props
jims3000
lvl.3
United States

have you tried with the regular dji go app and not the go app 4?
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-9 18:58
https://youtu.be/5B8BFBC0EfA

Thanks for doing that.
One thing I do notice is you don't want to hold the RC/phone in your other hand.
I set the RC down on the ground about 10ft away from me. Can you try it outside that way.
Also, I cannot read what the compass says at the end of the video.

If you try it outside and with the RC/phone on the ground and it still fails, then their may be an issue and you would need to send it in since restoring to factory settings and refreshing the firmware from the Assistant2 didn't help.
2017-1-10
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

I have a mac and dont know if that supports assistant 2.

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-10 06:54
Thanks for doing that.
One thing I do notice is you don't want to hold the RC/phone in your other hand.
I set the RC down on the ground about 10ft away from me. Can you try it outside that way.

I haven't tried to restore factory settings. Im not sure how to do that. Is that the next step before i send it in and if it is can you please let me know how also is downgrading firmware and then upgrading again mean the same thing as refreshing the firmware. Before, I tried on a field and had my friend stand 20 ft away from me and it still failed.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-10 08:34
I haven't tried to restore factory settings. Im not sure how to do that. Is that the next step before i send it in and if it is can you please let me know how also is downgrading firmware and then upgrading again mean the same thing as refreshing the firmware. Before, I tried on a field and had my friend stand 20 ft away from me and it still failed.

Try this way first. Go outside and have someone hold the RC/phone or set the aircraft on the ground about 10ft away and start the calibration.
The hold the aircraft like you would hold a basketball in front of you. Slowly turn your body counter clockwise a full circle and keep going until you get the first successful indication. Then point the aircraft to the ground and repeat. It may not make a difference but worth a try.

As far as the firmware, refreshing just refreshes the current version. But from the Assistant2 you can also downgrade then upgrade.

But, let's see if the restore factory settings work.
Download the Assistant2 from here and connect the aircraft to your computer and run the Assistant2.
Then restore to factory settings and try a calibration again.

I want to try and troubleshoot every possibility first, then if we cannot get anywhere, then you can call 818-235-0789 and setup a RMA.
2017-1-10
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-10 09:15
Try this way first. Go outside and have someone hold the RC/phone or set the aircraft on the ground about 10ft away and start the calibration.
The hold the aircraft like you would hold a basketball in front of you. Slowly turn your body counter clockwise a full circle and keep going until you get the first successful indication. Then point the aircraft to the ground and repeat. It may not make a difference but worth a try.

Is assistant 2 compatible with macs ?
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-10 09:18
Is assistant 2 compatible with macs ?

Yes it is.
2017-1-10
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

Okay great, I'll do the resort factory settings and get back to you. Thank you for your patience and help.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-10 09:29
Okay great, I'll do the resort factory settings and get back to you. Thank you for your patience and help.

Sounds good. And no, thank you for your patience.
2017-1-10
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

I moved my mavic over varius objects.
And all i can say is the sensors are crazy sensetive.
30cm over my computer, all red (no shock there)
15 from a steel sheet gas oven, all red
keys,phone and here was my shocker. My wristwatch all fully red from the same distance.
2017-1-10
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-10 09:50
Sounds good. And no, thank you for your patience.

This is a screenshot of what the ompass screen looks like. Obviously there is a lot of interference with compass one but it shows IMU problem on compass 2. I callebrated IMU as well and that didnt work. IMU readings are also very low 0.007 but there is still a little green. I dont know if that matters?
IMG_6426.PNG
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-11 08:25
This is a screenshot of what the ompass screen looks like. Obviously there is a lot of interference with compass one but it shows IMU problem on compass 2. I callebrated IMU as well and that didnt work. IMU readings are also very low 0.007 but there is still a little green. I dont know if that matters?

If the resetting to factory settings, refreshing the firmware, and all the other troubleshooting we did didn't resolve it then I'm afraid you will have to contact support and send the aircraft in for repair.
You can call 818-235-0789 and they will set you up with an RMA.
I'm sorry about that, we tried.
2017-1-11
Use props
fansf399aa4c
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-11 08:28
I'm, if the resetting to factory settings, refreshing the firmware, and all the other troubleshooting we did didn't resolve it then I'm afraid you will have to contact support and send the aircraft in for repair.
You can call 818-235-0789 and they will set you up with an RMA.
I'm sorry about that, we tried.

Thats okay we tried thank you so much for your help.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansf399aa4c Posted at 2017-1-11 11:11
Thats okay we tried thank you so much for your help.

Thanks, have a great rest of the week and enjoy your weekend.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules