o(^-^)o
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3728438 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Dear DJI,
Pleasee help me to clarify thing that important to me:

what are the causes of the displacement position of the aircraft on radar and change the direction of the arrow?
is there any effect of cell phone signals to the remote control or the environment around the remote control?
or its totaly from the aircraft compass?

I have several experience on mavic that the aircraft position(in flight) on the radar suddenly moved to different location(left/right) on the radar (before it on 12 "clock and heading toward strait ahead)
I need the exact reason because I like to fly far from home position, thats why the radar and the direction of the arrow on the radar is VERY important to me in order to maintain the good signal from remote control to the aircraft.

Please help me to clarify this

Thanks!

note: before take off I always make sure that the radar and arrow position match with the remote and aircraft direction.
2017-1-7
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem.  Im using iPhone 7 and the radar is not positioned correctly.  Someone said to turn the phone 180 degrees and use the usb plug and it fixes the problem. Which really isn't ideal.   I haven't tried it out yet to see if it even works.  It apparently has to do with the magnetic interference of the controller and the phone which causes the compass to be out of whack.  
2017-1-8
Use props
SBT1979
lvl.2

Spain

i have same problem. i view if the level device move, change direction radar, but radar is always bad ditection, is frustanting, and it is vdry important for fly security. I hope Dji offer solution.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, we had reported this issue.
Thanks for your feedback.
2017-1-9
Use props
SBT1979
lvl.2

Spain

Thanks Mindy, the problem fix with firmware, or is a problem hardware?
2017-1-9
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Thanks Mindy!
btw, today I have 3 flight
- first flight: arrow & radar displacement when flying. Tools: ip7+, using external cable below remote, default mavic smartphone holder, using battery 1,  mavic calibration
- second flight: no arrow & radar  displacement when flying.  Tools: ip7, using external cable below remote, default mavic smartphone holder, using battery 1, mavic calibration
- third flight: no arrow & radar displacement when flying: Tools: ipad mini 3, using external cable below remote, using third party ipad holder, using battery 2, ipad mini 3 calibration

Tomorrow I'll be using the third party ipad mini holder for my next flight, I curious maybe the smartphone position cause this.
2017-1-9
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

just wanna keep you guys an update of my test:Just now, I tested using ipadmini3 with ipad holder above the remote:
- ipad mini compass already calibrated, switch on the mavic, the arrow orientation not same so I calibrate the mavic, done! it now match
- doing some manuver up there using sport mode, after a while theres compass error warning one but then normal again, the arrow and position on the radar still OK
- flying until 30% batteries, still the arrow and the position on the radar just OK.

I'll test using the same thing again next 2 hours.

Thanks!

IMG_4135.JPG
2017-1-10
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

akbarmarwan Posted at 2017-1-10 02:42
just wanna keep you guys an update of my test:Just now, I tested using ipadmini3 with ipad holder above the remote:
- ipad mini compass already calibrated, switch on the mavic, the arrow orientation not same so I calibrate the mavic, done! it now match
- doing some manuver up there using sport mode, after a while theres compass error warning one but then normal again, the arrow and position on the radar still OK

Update again:
still on the same spot with the same configuration on mavic and rc, the different is, this morning weather with RAIN
- ipadmini3 compass calibrated, switch on the mavic, the arrow orientation match with the remote/djigo, no mavic calibration needed.
-doing some manuvers using sport mode, after a while theres compass error warning, but then disappeared, both radar and arrow orientation still OK
-landed with 50% battery
Thanks all

IMG_4142.JPG
2017-1-10
Use props
Debug中的iOS开发
DJI R&D Squad

China

Hi akbarmarwan

This issue occurs when the compass on the mobile device is malfunctioning.

In this case, enter the compass interface on iPhone and check whether the compass is required to be calibrated and whether its readings are normal.

A protection mechanism will be added to DJI GO 4 later and a notification will pop up in the app if the compass on the mobile device is malfunctioning.

Thank you for your testing!
2017-1-10
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

thanks Dji!
anyway from several time of my test, I notice that it mostly happened when I put my smartphone(ip7 and ip7+) on default holder. But when I use it external mount like the aerialdroneaccecories one it not happened. Thats why on the 4 latest of my flight test I'm using ipadmini3 with external mount and the radar/arrow orientation work fine without any radar issue .
2017-1-11
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

akbarmarwan Posted at 2017-1-11 14:25
thanks Dji!
anyway from several time of my test, I notice that it mostly happened when I put my smartphone(ip7 and ip7+) on default holder. But when I use it external mount like the aerialdroneaccecories one it not happened. Thats why on the 4 latest of my flight test I'm using ipadmini3 with external mount and the radar/arrow orientation work fine without any radar issue  .

so are you saying if you put the  ipad mini 3 in the  mav transmitter, with out the aftermarket  holder,  that the compass is  then doing the wrong direction?    I have a mini 4  and have not tested it,  as I do not use a extra holder,  but  will watch for it,  when I get out again,   thanks
2017-1-11
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

HWKIDD Posted at 2017-1-11 16:36
so are you saying if you put the  ipad mini 3 in the  mav transmitter, with out the aftermarket  holder,  that the compass is  then doing the wrong direction?    I have a mini 4  and have not tested it,  as I do not use a extra holder,  but  will watch for it,  when I get out again,   thanks

I use iphone 7/7+ actually when all the radar and arrow direction mismatch with mavic, (from 5 flight 4 error)
But when I use external mount theres no error both radar and direction on the radar of the mavic (tested both iphone7+ and ipadmini3). I think somehow the mavic remote make the gps/compass error on the smartphone if we put it real close (like using the default holder)

IMG_4143.JPG
2017-1-11
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

Hi same error when i connevcted with small cable on left o remote, issue on radar with oter cable usb no issue, considering poratble function of mavic shloud be fix, suprise not fis at all i hava a mavic porable and i have to user a holder eheheh very useful
2017-2-13
Use props
fansbcac0921
New
Flight distance : 674977 ft
Cayman Islands

Anyone get this resolved? Currently having the same issue with my iphone 7 plus!
2017-6-23
Use props
Wacker2611
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254075 ft
United Kingdom

This issue happens due to the magnets in the 'pots' of the joysticks, which interfere with the devices compass. You should notice it gets worse when moving forward with the right stick pushed full forward. The reason those using an adaptor to mount their device are not getting the errors is that the device is far enough away from the joysticks to not cause the interference. If you're using a phone, just mount it as low down in the clamp as you can and use the bottom USB for connection. Works a treat for me.
2017-6-24
Use props
fansbcac0921
New
Flight distance : 674977 ft
Cayman Islands

Thanks. I will try this!
2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules