Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Weak Transmission Signal Then Compass Warning
2581 7 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Encountered my first strange behaviour with my inspire today.

Was flying about 600m out clear line of sight and I got a low video signal warning, then I got a compass data abnormal warning and was informed it was switching to atti.  It switched to atti for about 1 second then the video signal went green again and it returned to GPS mode.  I flew it back closer and there was no further issue.

I was in a very open area nothing nearby flying about 30m altitude, so what first causes the video signal to drop then the compass to also encounter an issue? seems like a strange mix of events.  Problem with this of course is when your video is having issue that is when you most want to rely on GPS.

Anyone else had similar issues?
2015-2-15
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

Unfortunately this has happened to me on several occasions.  I'm now fearful of flying even 1000 feet away when it becomes difficult to see how the craft is oriented using just line of sight.  I'm hoping the next firmware will take care of these issues as it really defeats the purpose of owning craft.  

Someone told me that it would help if I flew higher up and double check that the RC antenna points up and away from each other.  Question is will I be brave enough to fly higher when I'm further out with the potential of signal loss looming in the back of my head?
2015-2-15
Use props
ajgraham.waitro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475289 ft
Netherlands

I've found that I get problems with weak and lost signals if I forget to re-calibrate the compass before I start. If I re--calibrate then the signal transmission issues clear up.
2015-2-15
Use props
Gasman
lvl.1

United States

I can't seem to fly further than about 500 M without losing signal.  What's all this talk of 2.2 km when I can't even get half that far.  Daytime, night time, clear skies, high altitude, low altitude....doesn't seem to matter.  No obvious source of interference around either.  I calibrate before every flight.   
2015-2-15
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United Kingdom

It's not the weak signal/range that bothers me, its the fact that exactly the same moment as the weak signal the compass throws errors which in turn disables GPS mode.

What I can take from this is I can not rely on the inspire to sort itself out if I do loose video, more likely it will fail into atti and drift into something.

All of these systems should be independent of each other in fail.  For example why does bad compass data disable gps mode, gps doesn't need a compass to hold gps position.  All a compass is needed for is to drift correct the gyro on the yaw axis.

Another example is the SD card, it fails to format 9 out of 10 times in the inspire (actually it does format but says it fails) when this happens it just says No SD card and then I start to get all sorts of warnings about bad compass and IMU sensor data.  I have to reboot the inspire and controllers and then it picks up the SD card again and all seems good.  So what happens if the SD card were to fail while in the air?
2015-2-16
Use props
walkowiak.macie
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same problem. After 450m away from me and ok 30m attitude  red light starts blinking on my screen and weak transmission signal. But i didn't have problems with GPS in that moment. My Quad lost GPS  few seconds after start. It take maybe 10 sec, and suddenly signal has returned. Its very annoying  and i'm scared to fly more than 200 meters from me.
2015-2-17
Use props
houseparty2
New

United States

Hi everyone.... I have had the same issues.  Has anyone received an update to take care of this issue?
2015-5-14
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I have reported a Weak Transmission Signal when using the Simulator and the Aircraft is no more than 1m away from the Controller.  This has only ever happened after the recent update.  It also has  just switched off after if loses the signal a few times, so I am nervous about testing this now in actual flight.
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules