Anomalies after getting new batteries
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HavardM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217057 ft
Vietnam

Hi everyone!
Hope to get some help from you. I was one of the lucky few getting my Mavic a couple of months ago. It has worked flawlessly and continued to positively surprise me in tough conditions (Heavy wind, environments with heavy radio noise etc).

Today I had my first incident where it was showing any signs of malfunctioning.

I just got extra batteries and this is my experience of trying them for the first time. The first new battery stopped me from going above 5-6m (altitude) and I tried a whole lot of different ways to trick it out of it. With no success for 10 min, I took it down and tried another of my new batteries. The same story here and it even started to drift away on it's own. I briefly lost control of it, then decided to land it immediately. Also here I experienced an anomaly, where after it touched ground, it only connected on one leg and slowly did a couple of spins on the one leg. I have never experienced any of the above behaviour before.

Do any of you have any similar experience like this?

These are the measurments I did:

1. Decrease altitude and pitch left / right / forward / backward and increase height
2. Restart controller, Mavic and phone
3. Change take-off location with less magnetic interference and recalibrate compass x2
4. Change max altitude during flight / before take-off / restart all equipment, then change max altitude

2017-1-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

5m sound like the 16ft altitude limit. This kicks in with no GPS and working visioning system. If you have no GPS, this also explains drifting.
2017-1-8
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Refresh the firmware with each battery installed in dji assistant.
2017-1-8
Use props
HavardM
lvl.1
Vietnam

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-8 06:03
Refresh the firmware with each battery installed in dji assistant.

I forgot to do this! First time I have updated firmware for a battery Thanks for the help!
2017-1-8
Use props
HavardM
lvl.1
Vietnam

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-8 03:32
5m sound like the 16ft altitude limit. This kicks in with no GPS and working visioning system. If you have no GPS, this also explains drifting.

I was connected to GPS, but it was less than 6-8 I believe. Hasn't been any issue before, but that in combination with not updating the firmware with the new batteries was the issues. Tried again after updating / refreshing with all batteries and ensured I had enough GPS connections fixed it all.

Thanks for the quick response!
2017-1-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

6-8 satellites is one thing. The other is the signal quality indicator? Was it read? In that case you have no working GPS. Always look at the bars of the icon (1-5 bars).
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules