Battery status error
10491 10 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

I found that if battery discharges by itself and after you attach this battery to Mavic than I got error message: Battery status error.
Batteries where discharged only to 85%. Now I charge till 100% will take a look will it helps
2017-1-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Batteries automatically discharge themselves after a time specified in the settings. The reason is probably that they wear out slower if they are stored away for a longer time if they are not fully charged.
2017-1-8
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

After charging to 100% problem dissappear. So it is needed to be taken into account. If battery discharges by itself then it should be charged till 100% otherwise you couldn't fly
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Andrejs Posted at 2017-1-8 05:16
After charging to 100% problem dissappear. So it is needed to be taken into account. If battery discharges by itself then it should be charged till 100% otherwise you couldn't fly

Please try to discharge the battery manually and full-charge it again.
If the error message persists, please provide a screenshot of it.
2017-1-9
Use props
cho7
lvl.2
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 00:40
Please try to discharge the battery manually and full-charge it again.
If the error message persists, please provide a screenshot of it.

I just encountered the same issue. I started my Mavic in order to check if there were any firmware updates prior my upcoming flights this week-end and I faced the "battery status error" in DJI Go 4.

Charging my 3 batteries to 100% right now to see if problem disappears.

Anyway, while I accept that battery level can decrease after a while without use, I don't understand why it is a problem for my aircraft ?!

For the record, what is the time threshold ? How many days before having to recharge each battery prior use ? It's a real question here, I don't want to test every battery prior any flight, and I don't want to discover at the very last moment (= when I'm in the middle of a field without any plug next to me) that any of my batteries will work.

And last but not least, what do you mean by "try to discharge the battery manually " ?

Thanks
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cho7 Posted at 2017-2-14 00:13
I just encountered the same issue. I started my Mavic in order to check if there were any firmware updates prior my upcoming flights this week-end and I faced the "battery status error" in DJI Go 4.

Charging my 3 batteries to 100% right now to see if problem disappears.

Here is the video tutorial of how to maintain your battery.

As for discharge the battery, please refer to the screenshot. how to discharge the battery.png

2017-2-27
Use props
cho7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for this video ! Your screenshot, however, seems broken
2017-3-1
Use props
Norwegian Airlo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 854951 ft
  • >>>
Norway

so... is there any conclusion?
2017-10-18
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft
United Kingdom

Norwegian Airlo Posted at 2017-10-18 11:52
so... is there any conclusion?

Old thread but, I have had the same issue, it seems if you leave the battery long enough to start to discharge its 'self, then use the battery you will get this error, however if you charge the battery back to 100% then the error goes away.
2017-10-18
Use props
EdEditz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418796 ft

Netherlands

I encountered this problem today. As everything else seemed to be okay I decided to fly anyway despite of the error message and everything went fine. After landing I turned the aircraft off and then on again and the message went away. The Mavic Pro had been sitting idol for a while because of bad weather but I pressed the battery indicator occasionally to reset the timer and prevent discharging.
2018-2-2
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

EdEditz Posted at 2018-2-2 05:54
I encountered this problem today. As everything else seemed to be okay I decided to fly anyway despite of the error message and everything went fine. After landing I turned the aircraft off and then on again and the message went away. The Mavic Pro had been sitting idol for a while because of bad weather but I pressed the battery indicator occasionally to reset the timer and prevent discharging.

Why would you want to prevent discharging? It's there for a reason. Lipo cells should be stored at around 50-70% charge and for that reason DJI have implemented the self discharge feature.
Let it discharge. It will only discharge to 65%. I had mine stored over the winter and they came out with a 50% charge after 6 months. Just before you fly, charge your batteries to 100%.
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules