Avegant Glyph Headset
2653 7 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USVI Flyer
lvl.1
U.S. Virgin Islands

Hello.
I am interested in getting the Avegant Glyph headset to use for my Inspire 1 Pro X5.
Anyone used the Avegant Glyph headset? how is it? Is the headset  sizeable to your head--since some people have smaller skulls and others  are mellon heads... How comfortable is it? and is it weird to your eyes?

I want to use the Glyph headset sometimes to fly, but also to put on a  customers face so as I fly with my iPad-- and, they can see what the camera  is seeing FPV.
So, my question is-- can you use the headset with the micro port on the controller and the  customer see with the Glyph-- and I can be flying at same time using my  iPad? Or, will the iPad screen show nothing or turn off because you  can't have both connected????
Thanks to anyone who has answers--I'm new to the Inspire, so appreciate any advice from more experienced pilots!
RG

2017-1-8
Use props
Memmi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324108 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, it's super neat! The Headset is super adjustable. Both the head bridge, nose bridge pads, inter-ocular distance and diopter focus. HDMI out will mirror what your seeing on your iPad. Even more fun is to enable head tracking for the participant. You however can't get both head tracking and dual view out consistently. Since the USB signal needs to be split, it *can* work with some usb hubs.
2017-1-9
Use props
USVI Flyer
lvl.1
U.S. Virgin Islands

Good to know the headset is good and adjustable. Can't you just use the iPad in the USB port on the controller, and use the Glyph in the micro port? Why would you split the signal to the USB port only? Have you by any chance tried hooking up your ipad via USB to controller and then an external monitor to the HDMI? I'm trying to come up with an effiecient/easy way to fly with my iPad and for a customer to see Live View from the camera...
Thanks for responding!
2017-1-10
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

USVI Flyer Posted at 2017-1-10 05:28
Good to know the headset is good and adjustable. Can't you just use the iPad in the USB port on the controller, and use the Glyph in the micro port? Why would you split the signal to the USB port only? Have you by any chance tried hooking up your ipad via USB to controller and then an external monitor to the HDMI? I'm trying to come up with an effiecient/easy way to fly with my iPad and for a customer to see Live View from the camera...
Thanks for responding!

I use the Fatshark v3 plugged into the HDMI output
2017-1-10
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

Your best bet is to connect your Ipad to the USB port, and connect your headset to the MINI HDMI port.  There is an option in the software to broadcast to HDMI while still showing video on the Ipad.  Its fairly easy, and I normally use it to run a cable to a big screen TV that my customer can watch while I fly.
2017-1-16
Use props
djiuser_TpIuZHDfowys
New

Costa Rica

I have the Smart Controller with the Mavic 2 Pro which the HDMI Connection on the Smart Controller absolutely will NOT Transmit/Connect with my Avegant Glyph.! Any Suggestions are Certainly Welcome... Much Appreciated
2020-5-28
Use props
rdickinson
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The USB-C connection will work with a HDMI to UCB c adapter.

2022-8-17
Use props
rdickinson
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_TpIuZHDfowys Posted at 2020-5-28 14:00
I have the Smart Controller with the Mavic 2 Pro which the HDMI Connection on the Smart Controller absolutely will NOT Transmit/Connect with my Avegant Glyph.! Any Suggestions are Certainly Welcome... Much Appreciated

Have you found a fix to be able to use the HDMI port?
2022-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules