1427 16 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,     So unfortunetly DJI has failed me again on a new product. First off I recieved a faulty Mavic that had no response to my stick imputs and now I have a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus with a remote connection issue. Every time I start the drone up (in the correct sequence) the transmission from the remote to the drone fails. It goes in and out of connection sometimes while in flight other times before I even lift off. The screen reads No Signal or Weak Connection. I have reinstalled the firmware several times, downgraded to the original, reloaded the remote firmware, updated the app mutliple times and still nothing works. Has anyone experienced this problem. Not to mention the Assistant Software was down for over a day. This has happened everytime I try to fly and the first time I was almost 250 feet in air and almost 1000 feet away when I lost all controll of my drone.  
2017-1-8
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I have seen the same problem .Also had the screen totally freeze up .I am returning mine .
2017-1-8
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

perryb Posted at 2017-1-8 12:32
Yes I have seen the same problem .Also had the screen totally freeze up .I am returning mine .

Looks like mine will be going back as well. Hopefully I'll be able to open a ticket first thing tomorrow.
2017-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-1-8 15:33
Looks like mine will be going back as well. Hopefully I'll be able to open a ticket first thing tomorrow.

If you think you have done everything possible and I'm sure you have, then create a case number ticket and have it sent back. You shouldn't have to put up with this on a new product of such high value.
Good luck.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Did you enter the transmission settings and check if there's interference around?
2017-1-8
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

Mavic 395, when you lose connection on takeoff or during flight, do you get any "strong magnetic interference" warning notice before the connection drops? Or any warnings of any type?
2017-1-9
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-8 17:44
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Did you enter the transmission settings and check if there's interference around?

I am not using any device. I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, built in screen.
2017-1-9
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-9 02:58
Mavic 395, when you lose connection on takeoff or during flight, do you get any "strong magnetic interference" warning notice before the connection drops? Or any warnings of any type?

i simply get glitchy video feed followed by the weak signal or no signal message on my app. It clearly is a remote to drone issue as the response time to my stick inputs lags or does not work at all.
2017-1-9
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-1-9 14:24
I am not using any device. I have the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, built in screen.

This happens when its both in the air and before I even take off. Not to mention I already had to have a replacement Mavic sent to me because the drone was not accepting my stick inputs. So frustrating DJI. Almost $4,000.00 spent on two faulty drones within two months of each other.
2017-1-9
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So i just spent 30 mins with online support and they told me there is nothing they can do since I received the drone more than 3 weeks ago????? What???? I have a faulty drone and I can't even send it in. Come on DJI get with it!

2017-1-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-1-9 14:28
This happens when its both in the air and before I even take off. Not to mention I already had to have a replacement Mavic sent to me because the drone was not accepting my stick inputs. So frustrating DJI. Almost $4,000.00 spent on two faulty drones within two months of each other.

Ive only taken my new P4P out twice. Last weekend I was flying it around a sports oval to test out the new Intelligent Flight modes. Didn't get that far - the video drops were numerous and frequent when I started to try to use the Active Track mode. I gave up at that point and just flew it around...
2017-1-9
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-9 15:30
Ive only taken my new P4P out twice. Last weekend I was flying it around a sports oval to test out the new Intelligent Flight modes. Didn't get that far - the video drops were numerous and frequent when I started to try to use the Active Track mode. I gave up at that point and just flew it around...

So frustrating, have you opened a ticket to send it in?
2017-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-1-9 15:21
So i just spent 30 mins with online support and they told me there is nothing they can do since I received the drone more than 3 weeks ago????? What???? I have a faulty drone and I can't even send it in. Come on DJI get with it!

Your aircraft is covered by warranty if it's faulty of course you can send it back. Just raise a case number and they will collect and check it takes about two weeks. Nobody has to accept faulty goods that's what your warranty is for.
2017-1-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-1-9 15:40
So frustrating, have you opened a ticket to send it in?

No. I'm putting my faith in DJI (hey, someone has to). Everything else seems to work and I'm not having many of the other problems people are reporting, so I'm assuming it's a firmware issue. I'll hopefully not be proven wrong after the next FW release...
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-1-9 15:21

I can understand how frustrating this must be.
Maybe there's some misunderstanding there?
You could create a case by yourself via this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
After send it in, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-1-10
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Everything has been resolved. Once support finally realized I knew what I was talking about the created a case and I was able to send it back. In the notes it says they replaced the controller board. When I received the Phantom 4 Pro Drone back it looks like they completely sent me a new drone and controller. I have not had any problems with the new unit.
2017-1-25
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-1-25 13:31
Everything has been resolved. Once support finally realized I knew what I was talking about the created a case and I was able to send it back. In the notes it says they replaced the controller board. When I received the Phantom 4 Pro Drone back it looks like they completely sent me a new drone and controller. I have not had any problems with the new unit.

You should be able to verify this by the emails you were sent by DJI. They should show you the serial number of the drone you sent in, and the different serial number of the drone they mailed back to you. Same happened to me. They said it was main camera board, then mailed me back a brand new P4P with a different serial number.
2017-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules