DJI replaced Fly away, "aircraft disconnected" could it happen ag...
12Next >
3604 43 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

Let me start with a little history, I bought a P3A in January of 2015 and have put many successful flights on that bird, once I got comfortable flying some distance away I come to realize that the video starts to drop out and then eventually the Phantom will go into RTH. and minutes later is flying over my head again, in fact it became a lot of fun going for distance knowing that it will always return, then one day I was on my sailboat and was doing a fly by to get some video and somehow I managed to fly it at 35 mph  straight into the mast :-(
After several days had passed I put  the remains in a box and ordered a new P3A in August 2016, when it arrived I updated the RC/firmware/app and took it out behind my house for a couple of test flights and all was good, a few days later I had it down at my Marina on Lake St. Clair and decided to fly along the lake shore and see how far she would run, went well and I was surprised at the distance, a little over 2 miles and then I saw something I've never seen before,  "aircraft disconnected" so the first thing I did was hit the return to the home button and instead of the typical RTH-- beep beep -- beep beep -- Etc, I got a beep -- beep --Etc,  and never saw the aircraft again, I contacted DJI support and filed a warranty claim for failure of the RTH feature and after almost 3 months they concluded it was in fact an aircraft failure and not pilot error, they replaced the aircraft at no charge to me!!!

So I just received the replacement and linked it to my RC and decided to update the RC to version 1.8 and the aircraft to the latest 1.10.90 and the app 3.1.2 IOS and take it out for a test flight, still being a little skittish over the return to home failure from the last Phantom I decided to test the RTH while keeping it in sight, everything worked fine with that so I decided to go for distance again but instead of flying out away from any visual I went straight up so I could keep an eye on the bird and I again got the dreaded "aircraft disconnected" on my Ipad mini, the bird was directly overhead so I pulled the left stick down and was waiting to see if it would respond or perhaps descended with RTH., RTH must have been working because it reconnected at an elevation of 800 feet and I was able to manually bring her back down but now I am a little afraid of flying it more than a few hundred feet away and was wondering if anyone else gets the "aircraft disconnected" when you fly out of range?

2017-1-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Just theory here, but you indicated on the one that they replaced had an error saying  "aircraft disconnected".  That's not the same as loss of video.  I suspect that "aircraft disconnected" triggered an RTH (unless you had it set to hover on loss of signal).  When it lost signal, it probably went into automatic RTH, but you also hit RTH on the remote.  If you happened to get signal back and it received your RC's RTH command, it would have canceled the automated RTH and it went into hover until the battery died and then went down.  Just my theory from what you posted.  If there is a true loss of signal, the default is for it to RTH on its own.

On your new one, remember that the antennas need to be reoriented when you fly directly overhead.  800 feet??????
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your main problem is that you have no idea what caused the first incident.
Understanding what went wrong helps you to fly safely in the future.
DJI aren't good at explanations.
No problem as yhe app has a flight data recorder function.
If you Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record from the flight where you lost the Phantom.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone here might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

There are two signals, one carrying the video from the Phantom back to the controller and the other carrying control information.
When you fly too far, you almost always lose the video signal before control signal making people thing they are disconnected when they still have control signal.
ANother thing to point out is that if you fly directly up, the geometry of the signal and antenna means you will always lose signal much closer than if you fly out away from yourself.
2017-1-8
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-1-8 13:33
Just theory here, but you indicated on the one that they replaced had an error saying  "aircraft disconnected".  That's not the same as loss of video.  I suspect that "aircraft disconnected" triggered an RTH (unless you had it set to hover on loss of signal).  When it lost signal, it probably went into automatic RTH, but you also hit RTH on the remote.  If you happened to get signal back and it received your RC's RTH command, it would have canceled the automated RTH and it went into hover until the battery died and then went down.  Just my theory from what you posted.  If there is a true loss of signal, the default is for it to RTH on its own.

On your new one, remember that the antennas need to be reoriented when you fly directly overhead.  800 feet??????

Your theory makes complete sense if the RC was communicating with the aircraft but after DJI's analysis if they found that to be the case I'm sure they would not have replaced the drone and they would have called it pilot error, and that's my question does anyone else see"aircraft disconnected" when your phantom flies out beyond the range of the RC?
With my original P3A I would get the normal video freeze and drop out several times before it would drop out completely and go into RTH but I never had an "aircraft disconnected" displayed at the top of the apps toolbar, I knew I was going to get some flack for flying above 400 foot AGL but it was only for test purposes and I'm glad I did because again I got the "aircraft disconnected" rather than just video dropout,
Thanks for the reply I appreciate any help I can get to try and figure this out
2017-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nailit Posted at 2017-1-8 14:51
Your theory makes complete sense if the RC was communicating with the aircraft but after DJI's analysis if they found that to be the case I'm sure they would not have replaced the drone and they would have called it pilot error, and that's my question does anyone else see"aircraft disconnected" when your phantom flies out beyond the range of the RC?
With my original P3A I would get the normal video freeze and drop out several times before it would drop out completely and go into RTH but I never had an "aircraft disconnected" displayed at the top of the apps toolbar, I knew I was going to get some flack for flying above 400 foot AGL but it was only for test purposes and I'm glad I did because again I got the "aircraft disconnected" rather than just video dropout,

As Labroides says, the worst place to fly an aircraft is directly above you, while you can adjust the antennas on the RC for optimum coverage, you cannot adjust the ones in the aircraft. It it wise not to fly directly overhead under any circumstances.
2017-1-8
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-8 15:22
As Labroides says, the worst place to fly an aircraft is directly above you, while you can adjust the antennas on the RC for optimum coverage, you cannot adjust the ones in the aircraft. It it wise not to fly directly overhead under any circumstances.

Thanks for the responses and I will work on getting the flight logs and data uploaded,
but so far I must assume that no one else is getting the "aircraft disconnected" when flying out of range??
It would be like having both the RC and the aircraft powered up and communicating with your home point set and everything is green and ready to go and you reach out and turn the power off on the aircraft you will see the same thing I saw on the first one that I lost and also the replacement, kind of freaky for both of them to do the same thing and I'm starting to wonder if the one thing in common might not be the problem which is the RC...
2017-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nailit Posted at 2017-1-8 15:39
Thanks for the responses and I will work on getting the flight logs and data uploaded,
but so far I must assume that no one else is getting the "aircraft disconnected" when flying out of range??
It would be like having both the RC and the aircraft powered up and communicating with your home point set and everything is green and ready to go and you reach out and turn the power off on the aircraft you will see the same thing I saw on the first one that I lost and also the replacement, kind of freaky for both of them to do the same thing and I'm starting to wonder if the one thing in common might not be the problem which is the RC...

I am certain others will get the same message, it is not unique. At some point the connection will be broken if you fly far enough away.
2017-1-8
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/T28HQVG2OE26PL0TAAPL/
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Nailit Posted at 2017-1-8 16:23
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/T28HQVG2OE26PL0TAAPL/

That isn't the problem flight.
In the flight you uploaded, the Phantom goes straight up to 500 metres and comes back again without problem.

You need an explanation for the flight where you flew ... "down at my Marina on Lake St. Clair and decided to fly along the lake shore and see how far she would run, went well and I was surprised at the distance, a little over 2 miles"
2017-1-8
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

That's exactly what I was wondering is if anyone else gets the aircraft disconnected message, with my first P3A I had never seen it, when I got far enough out the video would start to break up and then lose the video altogether and it would go into RTH and would come back every time but I never saw the message aircraft disconnected until I bought the replacement and then DJI's replacement for the replacement, so I was thinking it's been a while and since I was using older firmware and older DJI Go App last spring when all was good I thought maybe things have changed with the latest updates but it doesn't sound like it so far.
2017-1-8
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-8 16:29
That isn't the problem flight.
In the flight you uploaded, the Phantom goes straight up to 500 metres and comes back again without problem.

Hi Labroides, Sorry I misunderstood which one you were looking for, I'll find that one and get it up in a few and thanks again I appreciate all the help
2017-1-8
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

Nailit Posted at 2017-1-8 16:57
Hi Labroides, Sorry I misunderstood which one you were looking for, I'll find that one and get it up in a few and thanks again I appreciate all the help

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LCOHI5W3GNI7HUGU2K5L/
2017-1-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Nailit Posted at 2017-1-8 14:51

You may have been given the benefit of the doubt, but we'll likely never know.  The signal can come and go due to terrain, antenna lobes, any number of things.  Again, you lost signal, and you could have momentarily regained signal just long enough to get the RTH message through.  Not saying it did or didn't, but it IS a possibility.

As for receiving that error of loss of signal, I've never received it.  But I have probably only been a maximum of a half mile distant from the controller in the almost 18 months I've had it.    

Gary
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Nailit Posted at 2017-1-8 17:09

That flight record is unusual in that it doesn't give any clues.
It shows you flying away in an area where you would have had clear line of sight, getting to 10200 feet distance and the record just ends.
Usually they show a lot more evidence of the problem with error messages, terrain, lost signal, strong winds etc but yours just stops as if the battery was suddenly switched off.
When your controller said Aircraft Disconnected, it's because that's what happened - there was no more signal to connect.

This is quite different to what I see in the first flight record you posted where the Phantom was sent up to 500 metres directly above you and lost signal for 1:24 due to the problems with maintaining signal straight up above you.
When signal was restored the Phantom was already returning home as it initiated RTH 3 seconds after signal was lost just as it is programmed to do.

We can't tell what happened to the previous one but I can't see any problem with your second flight record.
I'd suggest going to a nice open area with nothing to hit.
Fly out 100 feet or so at a safe height (say30-50 ft) where you can clearly see the Phantom.
Experiment with RTH including switching off the controller to see how it behaves and you should get confidence in it as well as understanding what RTH does and how it does it.
2017-1-8
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

The wording of some of the messages has been upgraded to better reflect what is going on.  It's probably to differentiate between "loss of (video) signal" and "aircraft disconnecting" from the flight controls.  The worst one was "safe to fly"; some users took that as a guarantee that anything they did after that point was safe.  It has been updated just to reflect it has adequate GPS and has been calibrated and ready to fly.  I'm sure it has something to do with non-native English speakers and not realising the nuances of the messages.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans5a2c14ec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17844 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My 7th or 8th flight ,First Advanced did a aircraft disconnect and flew away and i watched it go far away with no control,figured it went back to my home so i drove about 3 miles and it was not there but my screen was still blinking red arrow indicating the quad was still in the area i was at ! I followed the GPS arrow on screen and it led me directly to where the drone came back to had hit a large tree after  some 10-15 mins after i left the area and crashing a few feet from a large river! Battery ejected ,camera and gimbal were gone unsure where to this day i l still look once in a while! DJI repaired the quad and replaced the camera,faulty motherboard and returned NC. I have bought 1 more advanced and a pro and standard with 1 year solid and well over 100 hours between both p3 advanced s and not a single problem (other than my first battery thats slowly failing) until the dreaded 1.8 upgrade in firmware disconnect and RTH! not sure if i should go up to the 10.0 or downgrade? have stopped flying my advanceds and bought a pro and a standard p3`s until i can figure out what firmware works best but dji pulls the firmware off the site that worked best for me?

2017-1-8
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-8 17:57
That flight record is unusual in that it doesn't give any clues.
It shows you flying away in an area where you would have had clear line of sight, getting to 10200 feet distance and the record just ends.
Usually they show a lot more evidence of the problem with error messages, terrain, lost signal, strong winds etc but yours just stops as if the battery was suddenly switched off.

I took a second look at the flight log and the end of the flight seems to tell the story, at 3 minutes 58.1 seconds the aircraft was at 248.7 feet, 2.5 seconds later it was at 197.8 feet, a loss of 50.9 foot of altitude in just 2.5 seconds, I don't think you could manually land or it would self land at that rate of speed! Seems to me for what ever mechanical reason it fell from the sky to the water and that's when I got the aircraft disconnected signal on the remote conhttp://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/LCOHI5W3GNI7HUGU2K5L/trol, make sense? What you guys think....

2017-1-25
Use props
Wile E. Coyote
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31594 ft
United States

NAlit,
I don't know if you solved your problem but I fly a MAVIC PRO and received that same DISCONNECT Message while the drone was only about 30 feet away, only 4 feet off the ground.  

What I found is that the ERROR message was in the DJI GO app itself. Apparently it "crashed" and had to be "reconnected". The only way to do this is by shutting down the APP and deleting<?> background services of the app (hit BACK button on phone, and swiping any instances of APP to the right). Then restarting the APP.    You can do it while flying or when the bird is on the ground.

Just to be safe, I landed my bird the third time it happened since the DISCONNECT does not disable your REMOTE from operating the drone.  The first few times it happened my MAVIC pro was still on the ground.

It still happens on a rare occassion but what I do now is turn off ALL apps except the DJI go. And I make certain no apps are running in the background (BACK button method I mentioned earlier.)

Hope that helps!

2017-1-25
Use props
Wile E. Coyote
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31594 ft
United States

When it happens now, it is only if I've been using the phone for daily "stuff" and using god knows how many apps before flying that day.   SO Just to save battery power, I power DOWN the drone and REMOTE while I clean up the phone's APP history (BACK button method mentioned in previous post).

As I said before, the DISCONNECT only affects the APP/Telemetry display... NOT your REMOTE - You can still fly the drone while you trouble shoot/shut down the app.  If this makes you nervous, I recommend landing your drone or hovering near the ground. I prefer to LAND just to save battery power.
2017-1-25
Use props
Nailit
lvl.1

United States

Hi Wile, pretty sure my problem  wasn't  with the app,  if you read my original post you'll see it was a return to home failure but as I pointed out in my last post after reviewing the flight log I'm fairly convinced  that it was a catastrophic failure and the aircraft simply fell out of the sky and giving me the aircraft disconnected reference onthe app,  do you use android or iOS?
2017-1-25
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

I know this is a phantom thread but i had a Spark vanish on me and  i am curious how DJI handles issues when it is not the pilot's fault.
2018-1-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-22 23:54
I know this is a phantom thread but i had a Spark vanish on me and  i am curious how DJI handles issues when it is not the pilot's fault.

The require you to start a support ticket with them, them upload the flight log so they can examine it, then they make a determination of whether it is pilot error or device failure.

2018-1-23
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

That Beep....Beep...Beeep is  exactly what happened to me with the Spark as it never returned and DJI has yet to replace mine which had 62% battery life on a clear calm beautiful morning, like yourself  the problem took place over water!
2018-1-23
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-23 00:09
The require you to start a support ticket with them, them upload the flight log so they can examine it, then they make a determination of whether it is pilot error or device failure.

here is what they said;

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-1424083-V8B8P5 , we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
1. The aircraft was piloted under GPS mode, and responded to the pilot's control well; T=00:03, the aircraft recorded the Home Point: 48.4748211 -4.5286977;
2. T=06:28, H=165 m, D=84 m, Battery 62%, the aircraft was switched to Sport mode and the pilot pulled down the throttle stick fully, then the flight record ended. The last recorded coordinate: 48.4744183 -4.5277434.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another aircraft, we can try to especially apply for a 30% off coupon for Spark(Alpine White) without remote:
http://store.dji.com/product/spark

If you would like to accept the offer, please reply to my email for example “I accept the offer”.

And may I know when you place the order, do you want to ship the aircraft to France?

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,   WTF!!!!!!!

I tried speaking to them, tried calling them...i was wondering if they where suggesting a new drone was around the corner, honestly...i may consider the Mavic Air but....seriously...this has to be solved first!, i am embaressed to report to the family i proposed invest in a drone park, would be the first of its kind in a amusement park.

But seriously, check out the threat and all for yourself. https://forum.dji.com/thread-129076-1-1.html

here is the last video, i found it in the cache files;

This is a screenshot of the flight simulated on the iphone:

This is the log file uploaded ;
https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.phantomhelp.com%2FLogViewer%2FDONGAHV180H687GSUW4K%2F%23&amp;redir_token=iJBM2QzTNvLHPTDsJhkDwV-jZWN8MTUxNTk3NTE0N0AxNTE1ODg4NzQ3&amp;event=comments
and another site showing log file:
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=reiApJ&page_id=GENERAL

Here is a 360 Pano taken during the previous flight;
https://goo.gl/maps/hS92Vw7NnLo
https://goo.gl/maps/oQdVAkmEr8z

Some old shots of the area with a Mavic Pro:
  https://goo.gl/maps/drhtVMR832u
https://goo.gl/maps/xsLYCx4YFER2
https://goo.gl/maps/jZgiYXRFkdS2
https://goo.gl/maps/b4KtJZP62qA2
I hope im not been rude sharing my own issues in this thread, but its the same exact issue, has to be a remote glitch

But seriously mate, 3 months?
2018-1-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-23 14:34
here is what they said;

Thanks for your patience.

All the videos and photos in the world don't change the critical fact that you have no evidence to prove the cause of the incident.
There's nothing in your flight data that proves the cause was your fault or that it was due to a DJI malfunction.
If you could recover the drone, you might have a chance but flying over deep water, that's a risk you take.
Without evidence of a DJI malfunction, you can't expect DJI to hand out replacements.
2018-1-23
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

I read your intro, thanks. Before I read the rest of the posts I'll respond. Expect AC/RC to be very poor while controlling your AC. Height and distance need to be pro-portional. And Hats-Off to DJI for coming thru for you.
2018-1-23
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Opps, Expect AC/RC connection to be poor while flying directly over head. I don't know the ratio, but go out at least 50'/50' for good reception.
2018-1-23
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-22 23:54
I know this is a phantom thread but i had a Spark vanish on me and  i am curious how DJI handles issues when it is not the pilot's fault.

I lost my new P3 SE on its third flight in December.

Here is how DJI handles things when it it not the pilots fault.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-125209-1-1.html
2018-1-23
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Thanks for the responses and I will work on getting the flight logs and data uploaded,
but so far I must assume that no one else is getting the "aircraft disconnected" when flying out of range??
It would be like having both the RC and the aircraft powered up and communicating with your home point set and everything is green and ready to go and you reach out and turn the power off on the aircraft you will see the same thing I saw on the first one that I lost and also the replacement, kind of freaky for both of them to do the same thing and I'm starting to wonder if the one thing in common might not be the problem which is the RC...

I have a Phantom 4 and every time I have flown too far and lose signal it always says Aircraft Disconnected, it has always automatically gone into RTH mode and has always come back.
2018-1-23
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-23 15:03
All the videos and photos in the world don't change the critical fact that you have no evidence to prove the cause of the incident.
There's nothing in your flight data that proves the cause was your fault or that it was due to a DJI malfunction.
If you could recover the drone, you might have a chance but flying over deep water, that's a risk you take.

I spoke to the retailer and was told that your comment is incorrect because of several blunt facts they believe you already know.

1-GoPro was obliged to recall KARMA because they where more honest then DJI as they had admitted to power failures, and turned out to be because they could not explain the reasons their aircrafts simply shows nothing more indicating whos fault it was., exactly the same case and exactly the same reason many other manufactures recall a product or replace it if its random and not a batch.

2-I was told DJI and otehr manufactures can see certain things in flight records we can not (which are encrypted) and which means they can withold information, i am by no means accusing them of this but they should share the details such as things they can only see to defend themselves for any power malfunction which may of caused this.

I am told that DJI can see if you shut your aircraft off by turning it upside down, if sudden wind caused it (very rare) as well more details with the battery health, to determine if it was anything admitted abnormal to defend themselves in the event a malfunction of their products took place, so they could of shared this with me instead of just sending me coordinates in their email., instead they admitted nothing abnormal took place as if we are supposed to accept the idea that another flight record took place after wards etc, which they can also see if it was the case.

If DJI can not prove what caused this and refrain from sharing information they by law have to replace it, it is assumed to of failed.

The idea one has to find something like an aircraft which vnished is not related to their reponsibility to isolate issues such as RTH when signal is lost between remotes and aircrafts, power failures or disurpted battery life, DJI has to by law replace the product if they can not confirm was was caused for its behaviour and by law they have to replace it.
Customers are not obliged to accept anything less, other manufactures take responsibility for fly-away,  power failures or other issues they had to isolate so why not DJI?

And by the way, there is something DJI confirmed in their email which shows they had data indicating joy stick control movements AFTER the flight data ended., which is proof of power malfunction.

2018-1-23
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2018-1-23 17:18
I have a Phantom 4 and every time I have flown too far and lose signal it always says Aircraft Disconnected, it has always automatically gone into RTH mode and has always come back.

This thread proves that the RTH function is un stable and the cause of many fly aways,

2018-1-23
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

sSkyPilot Posted at 2018-1-23 15:12
Opps, Expect AC/RC connection to be poor while flying directly over head. I don't know the ratio, but go out at least 50'/50' for good reception.

i did not see anything indicating  anyone flew their phnatom over head, in my case with the spark it was min 40-50 m away and according to your comment it sounds scary because all aircrafts have to fly over head to land.
2018-1-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-23 23:29
I spoke to the retailer and was told that your incorrect because of several blunt facts.

1-GoPro was obliged to recall KARMA because they where more honest then DJI and admitted to power failures when they could not explain why their aircrafts fell from the sky or away.

This thread proves that the RTH function is un stable and the cause of many fly aways,
I've read the thread a few times and can't see that at all.
RTH is very stable and definitely does not cause "flyaways".
If you can find anything that suggests that, please point it out.
when they can not explain and share the facts to why a drone vanished they are simply at fault., there are other drone manufactures who take responsibilty to incidents clearly not caused by the pilots so by law they have to replace it.
This comment is nonsense.
DJI clearly explain what the will warranty.
They will cover you where the incident can be shown to be caused by a DJI malfunction.
But when you can't prove that and DJI don't know what happened, you can't expect them to give you a replacement.
How do DJI know whether you hit a duck or were shot down?
How do DJI know what happened after your lost connection?
Thinking DJI would be liable or offer a replacement with no evidence is just a fantasy.
2018-1-24
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-24 00:06
I've read the thread a few times and can't see that at all.
RTH is very stable and definitely does not cause "flyaways".

I am not the only one who has been denied answers to what the significance of the single BEEP and PAUSE sounds meant on the remote during the failed RTH incidents reported by users on youtube and other threads!

I asked others to test and confirm if it was a power failure but so far no one has.

I have also asked  DJI people when i called but i was told to write an email.

the RTH function is supposed to kick in when video signal is lost, when it does not its a GLITCH with the remote or MALFUNCTION.

It is certainly a concern how it is been dealt with because the worry of the aircraft flfying with uncertainty remains, there are un aswered questions here with the RTH function in my case.
2018-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-24 00:38
I am not the only one who has been denied answers to what the significance of the single BEEP and PAUSE sounds meant on the remote during the failed RTH incidents reported by users on youtube and other threads!

I asked others to test and confirm if it was a power failure but so far no one has.

the RTH function is supposed to kick in when video signal is lost, when it does not its a GLITCH with the remote or MALFUNCTION.

It is certainly a concern how it is been dealt with because the worry of the aircraft flfying with uncertainty remains, there are un aswered questions here with the RTH function in my case.

Your flight record has no indication that your Phantom ever entered RTH.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/DONGAHV180H687GSUW4K/
The flight record just ends with the drone is stable flight and no indications of anything being wrong.
The data just stops.  There's nothing to say it had anything to do with RTH.

It looks like your drone suddenly lost power.  
Some possible causes include crashing into a bird or a genuine malfunction in the propulsion system.
Unfortunately for you, there is no evidence to say which or what else it may have been.
Without evidence, you are out of luck.

2018-1-24
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-24 02:35

I agree that it lost power or a genuine malfunction in the propulsion system., exactly like the GoPRo KARMA that was recalled and now possibly dropped by GoPro.,

As for the bird possibility the chances a bird has been in the region during this season is zero, watch the video., no birds since 2 months, all MIGRATED.
So with out evidence the pilot is responsible iam told by the retailer that it is the responsibility of the manufacture to replace or repaire it., been its a drone and gong replacing it would make sense.

So it comes down to one simple thing, and that is doing what the retailer said they did with GoPro Karma, which is SUE.

I spoke to an attorney who said consumer laws apply here as DJI failed to prove the costumer is the cause of any damage or loss of goods, no one stolen the product and been it is a drone and either flew away or dropped out of site into a lake the manufacture is at fault.

I will post youtube videos of the legal procedure which i am told covers the cost of the drone including the time and legal fees i suffered with all this BS.

We can sit here and try to point the finger at  many possibilities, only DJI really knows what happened as they are the manufactures who are refusing to identify what the signal (single beeps and pauses as to double RTH beeps ) on the remote indicated, so why dont you tell us all here what happens when you whip the aircraft vattery out of it while connected synced to the remote? , so far the question is been avoided here and the only person who verified it said it was a single been and pause instead of a RTH sound, exactly what i got, it is impossible i pulled a battery out of an aircraft 150m from myself, and i checked this as i was paranid after watching videos by people warning to be carefull because their aircraft batteries would fall out during flights, my spark had 62% and to my own knowldge may of simply died.
DJI is 100% at fault here.

2018-1-24
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

RE: DJI replaced Fly away, &quot;aircraft disconnected&quot; coul...

The sounds you described coming the remote are the obviouse proof og malfunction in this case but technically DJI is hiding this from users in plain site by pretending your aircraft was fine and the flight data simply ended showing no faulty issue with the aircraft, how ever, the faulty error is the remote, it causes the aircraft to go estray from the commands, clearly a malfunctional remote if the air crafts falling or flying away are caused by anything and people have been informing me (including the retailer) that the remote makes this sound ONLY when the aircraft takes over from the pilot, usually when the battery is low, but i had  64% battery when i heard these single beeps which means my remote with 3 bars of battery lost total sync with the drone and left it to guess what to do.
DJI  had to of known all along that this remote is the issues and literally bluffed me and everyone else witht he idea that the manufacture can not find any fault, ask them what the alert means and they will not answer you. so their little sparks have a GoPro KARMA syndrone.

2018-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gavriel Posted at 2018-1-24 03:29
I agree that it lost power or a genuine malfunction in the propulsion system., exactly like the GoPRo KARMA that was recalled and now possibly dropped by GoPro.,

As for the bird possibility the chances a bird has been in the region during this season is zero, watch the video., no birds since 2 months, all MIGRATED.

So with out evidence the pilot is responsible iam told by the retailer that it is the responsibility of the manufacture to replace or repaire it., been its a drone and gong replacing it would make sense.
If your retailer said that, he doesn't know what he's talking about.
I spoke to an attorney who said consumer laws apply here as DJI failed to prove the costumer is the cause of any damage or loss of goods, no one stolen the product and been it is a drone and either flew away or dropped out of site into a lake the manufacture is at fault.
You are in a fantasy.  You don't know what happened and you can't prove it is the manufacturer's fault.
I will post youtube videos of the legal procedure which i am told covers the cost of the drone including the time and legal fees i suffered with all this BS.
The BS is all coming from you.
We can sit here and try to point the finger at  many possibilities, only DJI really knows what happened
You just don't get it.
DJI don't know what happened.  You don't know what happened.
No-one knows because you have no flight data and no drone to show what happened.
You are out of luck anad just have to wear it.
You're lucky it's just a cheap Spark.
Cut your losses and get on with your life.
2018-1-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I'll not get into the various arguments here but would like to add something :

Testing RTH can only be made if the AC flies more than 20m from Home Point. At 20m or less - it will auto-land where it is.

So a test of going vertical overhead only proves one thing - you can go vertical !

Nigel
2018-1-24
Use props
Gavriel
lvl.3
France

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-24 03:59
If your retailer said that, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

It wont be a loss to me to claim a loss with one of our 4 attorneys, its insulting anyone here supports a GoPro Karma syndrome yet knows very well if the manufacture can not explain why their product failed when it clearly did.

I understood that your supporting the idea that DJI claims they do not know what happened based on the flight data, but the facts show that they knew all along what happened based on the remote alert, they are NOT telling th public about this or been clear and either are you who can test it yourself.

test 1: Set up your remote with the drone as asual byt fly up 4m to test this, while up in the air pull the battery and see if your remote creates that single beep alert as to a double with RTH,

Test 2: set up your aricraft and remote again but hover until the battery is almost dead, now listen to the remote make the auto pilot alert, its a single beep.

So insted of RTH the spark went into autopilot mode, taking over when the battery is almost at 5% or less, my batter was 64% so....nuff said there buster, its a remote malfunction which caused the drone to behave the way it did and the fligh records to be interupted, the radio technology DJI is using basically caused a glitch., i see many people on the net arguing about it....other drone companies like GoPro delt with it why should DJI get off the hook?

And with so many people testing this to be the case DJI had to of known all along that their remotes wherte the cause instead of the pilots and are literally ignoring, do you not get it still?

2018-1-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules