Signal lost on -7°C ?
842 11 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LjupceM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1169206 ft
Serbia

I was flying my P4P today at -7°C, sunshine and no wind.
I warmed battery, so when I take off it was on 26°C, and rising during flight.
After of 6-7 minutes of flight I was receiving warning message of "image transmition signal low".
A minute after that aircraft was disconnected, and RTH is initiated.
I have maybe 2-3 returning of signal, but on blink.
So aircraft landed safely an even I was close to aircraft, still I was disconnected.
After one minute, remote connected to aircraft, 2-3 times shortly, and at last, have full connection.
Take of again, flying close by, everything ok, try to go further, coll, then again lost of signal. Distance was max 300m on 2,4GHz and 5,8GHz same.
Remote was inside of car, outside...

So I guess, under the -5°C, aircraft loosing signal, because I was flying on -3°C, -4°C and -5°C, with no problem at all.

Have some one any idea?
2017-1-8
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Considering you are operating the AC below the minimum spec (0-40 Deg C) I wouldn't be surprised. Something would likely have frozen I'd say.
2017-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Temperature has nothing to do with it.

'Remote was inside of car, outside... '

There is your problem, you are trying to fly with the RC unit inside a tin can, get out of the car.
2017-1-8
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-8 15:16
Temperature has nothing to do with it.

'Remote was inside of car, outside... '

I wasn't talking about the remote. The AC was probably freezing up.
2017-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hendo Posted at 2017-1-8 20:42
I wasn't talking about the remote. The AC was probably freezing up.

And I was not replying to you. But in any event, there is nothing in the aircraft to freeze up, providing the battery is warm, which it was.
2017-1-8
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Geebax is right, get out of the car, it is like sitting in a steel container.

There have been some tests where flying behind your self, and your iPad or what ever used is shading for the antenna. It can loose connection even on fairly short distance.

I have been flying at below -11c with heated batt , no problems
2017-1-8
Use props
LjupceM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1169206 ft
Serbia

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-8 22:22
Geebax is right, get out of the car, it is like sitting in a steel container.

There have been some tests where flying behind your self, and your iPad or what ever used is shading for the antenna. It can loose connection even on fairly short distance.

I was inside of the car, and flying so many times from the car, and also I know about Faraday cage.
But even when I get out of the car, still no signal, still no connection.
After leaving AC for a minute, turned on, and propeller off, it recover connection.

Srange...

2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello LjupceM, I agree with Geebax.
RC signal probably be interfered. Please try to stay away from the car and fly again.
2017-1-10
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Thought I would chime in... I fly from within a car and sometimes even buildings when the occasion calls for it (extreme cold).  Today it was -24 C and I flew from indoors for the duration of my mission.  I find that from the comfort of my truck my remote connection rarely ever dips below 80% connection to the uav.  This is when flying within 2km of the RC.  I have been testing the P4P in cold conditions for a client this past week and the only issue I had was today when the compass required calibration but no matter where I tried to calibrate the thing just wouldn't work.  I suspect the cold had something to do with it because once I warmed the unit up, calibration worked fine.  

With my testing so far I am very happy with the cold weather capabilities of the p4p as well as the batteries.
2017-1-11
Use props
fans0f6c21b7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1295794 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Just my experience, and for sure is not the best conditions, but I did fly from inside a car myself, even driving the car and flying for a few km with no problem at all (always VLOS do).
2017-1-12
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

image transmission signal low is simply you are getting a bad video sigmanl and it is warning you.
2017-1-12
Use props
Kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

image transmission signal low message  is simply you are getting a bad video sigmal and it is warning you.

The -5C had no part in the fact you lost video. It is a function of range, antenna orientation and line of site to phantom (or lack of it).
The fact you mention remote is inside the car pretty much sums it up.

make sure you keep antenna properly aimed at quad
when you are loosing signal , give the quad more altitude.

The RC will still work most of the time even when video is lost.

Good luck and have fun flying!
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules