Altitude readings
804 6 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

What would cause incorrect altitude readings in the log files?
I'm showing maximum altitude being over 900 feet and I know it has never gone that high while I have owned it and I bought it new.
I have several showing more than 400 feet, I admit to going over 400 feet once but just a few feet over.

Could calibrating at a lower altitude and then moving to a new location that is higher above sea level cause this.  How about a cold front or some other weather?

Thanks
2017-1-8
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

You may be looking at above sea level as opposed to drones altitude. they are both in the .csv files in spreadsheet. I was confused myself when first looking at the telemetry data. I its called ascent.
2017-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nope, none of those, it is simply a fault that has been known for some time and DJI have not addressed it.
2017-1-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-1-8 18:52
You may be looking at above sea level as opposed to drones altitude. they are both in the .csv files in spreadsheet. I was confused myself when first looking at the telemetry data. I its called ascent.

The aircraft has no knowledge of where sea level is. It only knows its altitude in relation to the take off point. The only sensor reading altitude is the internal barometer.
2017-1-8
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

The internal barometer can give incorrect readings when different pressures of air are moving through, so say a cold front is coming in or a warm front is coming in. Those could cause incorrect altitude readings. I get incorrect altitude readings with my p3s and my p4, but not every flight, every now and then maybe.
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you looking at the front page where it shows Top Altitude and Top Speed?
If so there's a well known bug in the app that shows wrong numbers there.
Like this post: http://forum.dji.com/thread-79606-1-1.html
But if you look at the individual flights the heights and speed there should be correct.
2017-1-8
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-8 19:25
Are you looking at the front page where it shows Top Altitude and Top Speed?
If so there's a well known bug in the app that shows wrong numbers there.
But if you look at the individual flights the heights and speed there should be correct.

I looked to see what flight that recorded the over 900 feet mark, wasn't there.
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules