4564 45 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I think that DJI can put all the controls they want to slow down the Inspire and preserve the batteries, but the problem is that the batteries cannot manage the cranking amps requested by the motors.

That's it.
2017-2-10
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Jacques Posted at 2017-1-23 20:35
Aloha, I can tel you that DJI know that when you stop power to the inspire 1 x5 the message " can not detect camera lens" show up. From late December the X5 camera can't recognize any lenses profile and I believe it's A fact that when you stop or lose power the message above will display. I'm not sure why but I can't find anyone to get info on this bug. Every time I stop the power to my x5 this message show up  kind a wired I hope they find a quick solution to this bug. With out recognizing this lens the photos are not displayed correctly also in the final photo and in the fly log kind a weird .... mahalo

Kindly review the thread before commenting on a 'bug'. There is no 'bug'. The OP basically ran his batteries dead with hyper aggressive flying and he's trying to blame DJI. If there is a bug here, its refusal to be a man to admit to a mistake and instead to blame others.
2017-2-13
Use props
Jacques
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6662490 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-2-13 16:42
Kindly review the thread before commenting on a 'bug'. There is no 'bug'. The OP basically ran his batteries dead with hyper aggressive flying and he's trying to blame DJI. If there is a bug here, its refusal to be a man to admit to a mistake and instead to blame others.

Kindly review my comments  before commenting. I mention when the power is shout out or lost, the DJI GO will display a message "can't reconcile lense " that a bug. that a well none fact. Not sure what did happen with is Inspire 1 butI the lost of power or  power run out but the fact that he mention the same message ( can't reconise lens ) just confirm my statement. Fact is fact bug is bug and just move one and recognize that bug exist unfortunately. mahalo
2017-2-13
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611027 ft
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-2-6 08:12
This was informative...

Within 15s of takeoff, you are already at the max rated speed of this craft 72 kph or 20m/s. You actually exceed the 20m/s electronically governed speed limit which tells me you are going with the wind on the outbound flight.. Did you know that that brings on very significant current drain which stresses the battery?

This was a VERY informative read.  I've got a P3 and Inspire 1 that I've used to photograph castle ruins in the country of Georgia.  Several times I've had to hike up to a vantage point and fly my craft over/up to the target area to get my shots, then come straight back down.

I've seen the exact effect you're describing a number of times (fast drain on the climb, slower drain on the descent/return).

Your post pretty much confirmed what I already thought was going on (and it makes sense - I work m y ass off going up the stairs, never down).
2017-2-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Heavydpj Posted at 2017-2-26 12:24
This was a VERY informative read.  I've got a P3 and Inspire 1 that I've used to photograph castle ruins in the country of Georgia.  Several times I've had to hike up to a vantage point and fly my craft over/up to the target area to get my shots, then come straight back down.

I've seen the exact effect you're describing a number of times (fast drain on the climb, slower drain on the descent/return).

Glad you found the posts helpful.

Overall, this thread is a good illustration of how NOT to fly. DJI might do well to have a cautionary note in manual revisions about flight specs and for flyers to exercise caution when flying downwind  or making a large descent on a outbound flight.
2017-2-26
Use props
Yulianus Ladung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6174147 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Very sorry for your loss
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now