No control over X4s settings
1377 19 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

I had a problem today i lost the ability to control the camera settings after i was "playing" with ground startion last night. The only way to resolve the problem was to delete and reinstall the DJI GO 4
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Dr Jon, after reinstall the DJI GO app, will the problem persists?
2017-1-9
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 20:22
Hello Dr Jon, after reinstall the DJI GO app, will the problem persists?

The DJI GO 4 works fine but If i use the DJI Ground Station the problem returns and i need to delete and reinstall the DJI GO 4 again.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-9 20:35
The DJI GO 4 works fine but If i use the DJI Ground Station the problem returns and i need to delete and reinstall the DJI GO 4 again.

Just to clarify, the loss of camera settings come from the Go 4 app side after using Ground Station, correct?
2017-1-11
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Yes, when the DJI GO 4 is "new" i can tap the slider bar and view and change the camera setting (video and Photo) such as MOV/MP4 etc. I can connect to the camera disconnect use my iPad Pro do other things and come back to DJI GO 4 no problems.

But if i start Ground station try a few things like waypoints. Then exit and open DJI GO 4 the slider bars open and the list appears but when i tap any nothing happens.

If i exit and restart same thing. If i delete DJI GO and then reinstall everything back to normal

I did have a copy of DJI GO but to be on the safe side i deleted this as i don't use the Phantom right now only the Inspire 2.

My Ipad Pro 9.7" is using iOS 10.2 The GO app is the latest on Apple Store.  

I have deleted DJI Ground Station now as i didnt want to be on a flight mission and find the camera settings had stop  working.

I did just see that a NEW version of DJI GS Pro has been released today !! and lists that features may be disabled after 2017/1/15 ?? maybe this is whats happening ??

If i get time in next few days i will try it again
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-12 00:28
Yes, when the DJI GO 4 is "new" i can tap the slider bar and view and change the camera setting (video and Photo) such as MOV/MP4 etc. I can connect to the camera disconnect use my iPad Pro do other things and come back to DJI GO 4 no problems.

But if i start Ground station try a few things like waypoints. Then exit and open DJI GO 4 the slider bars open and the list appears but when i tap any nothing happens.

Please keep us posted. Just one more thing,  are you sure that the GS app is not  still running in the background when you back out of it?
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-12 00:28

Please keep us posted. Just to be sure,  you're sure that the GS app is not  still running in the background when you back out of it to use the G4 app?
2017-1-12
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Its an IPad i don't know how to "kill" and application other than turn the IPad off.... There is no function in iPad that tells me what is running in background unless you can point me to this?

But I can confirm that i download the DJI GS and the problem is still the same. As my focus is not towards DJI GS right now I have deleted the DJI GS from my IPad as I need to "play" with the exciting new features in the I2 . Once I have this under my belt will come back the DJI GS.
2017-1-13
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-13 19:33
Its an IPad i don't know how to "kill" and application other than turn the IPad off.... There is no function in iPad that tells me what is running in background unless you can point me to this?

But I can confirm that i download the DJI GS and the problem is still the same. As my focus is not towards DJI GS right now I have deleted the DJI GS from my IPad as I need to "play" with the exciting new features in the I2 . Once I have this under my belt will come back the DJI GS.

How to Properly Quit an App

To close the iPad app, you must get to the multitasking screen. This is the screen that shows the most recent apps that have been opened on the iPad.  It's great for switching between two apps and essential for closing apps.

Open the multitasking screen by double clicking the Home Button at the bottom of your iPad.  This is the physical button just below the iPad's screen. It is also used for Touch ID.  

The multitasking screen will appear with the most recently opened iPad apps displayed as windows across the screen. Each window has the icon above it along with the name, so it is easy to identify a particular app.

Apple has made it easier than ever to "force close" an app. Simply hold your finger down on the app window you want to close and then slide your finger to the top of the screen without ever lifting your finger from the iPad's display. This will cause the app to shut down immediately. Think of it as "flicking" the window off of the iPad.  

Remember, in order to quit the app, you must drag the miniature window, not the app's icon. You should also be careful to keep your finger on the screen throughout the entire process.  Try "grabbing" the app by touching in the middle of the window and then swiping up toward the top of the display.
2017-1-13
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-13 19:44
How to Properly Quit an App

To close the iPad app, you must get to the multitasking screen. This is the screen that shows the most recent apps that have been opened on the iPad.  It's great for switching between two apps and essential for closing apps.

Thanks for the great Tip on shutting down programs that may be running in the background
2017-1-13
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Thank you very much liked the tip very much
2017-1-19
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-12 13:36
Please keep us posted. Just to be sure,  you're sure that the GS app is not  still running in the background when you back out of it to use the G4 app?

I can confirm the "problem" only appears after i use GS PRO. I have deleted and restarted my iPad Pro and had 5 missions no issues. I then reinstalled GS PRO and did additional flights again no issues, but as soon as i run the GS PRO such as generating a waypoint mission the problem returns. Turning the iPad off  makes no difference I either have to delete the GS PRO or reload GO 4 both removes the problem.

Right now i dont use GS PRO so now its off until i see a fix for the issue. I did see others on Inspirepilots forum with the same issue. They all using iPad if it helps?  
2017-1-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-22 18:25
I can confirm the "problem" only appears after i use GS PRO. I have deleted and restarted my iPad Pro and had 5 missions no issues. I then reinstalled GS PRO and did additional flights again no issues, but as soon as i run the GS PRO such as generating a waypoint mission the problem returns. Turning the iPad off  makes no difference I either have to delete the GS PRO or reload GO 4 both removes the problem.

Right now i dont use GS PRO so now its off until i see a fix for the issue. I did see others on Inspirepilots forum with the same issue. They all using iPad if it helps?

Jon

I posted this video to help confirm the way to close down Apps running on your iOS device.

Did you actually try this when switching between the DJI Apps?   Give it a try if you haven't already.

Rich

2017-1-22
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-22 20:17
Jon

I posted this video to help confirm the way to close down Apps running on your iOS device.

Yes I did but the DJI GS PRO some how makes a change to the DJI GO 4 and locks these settings so i cant use them. Even if i restart the iPad it still wont let me make any changes.. only way is to reinstall and don't use the DJI GS
Thanks for the video anyway..
2017-1-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-22 22:16
Yes I did but the DJI GS PRO some how makes a change to the DJI GO 4 and locks these settings so i cant use them. Even if i restart the iPad it still wont let me make any changes.. only way is to reinstall and don't use the DJI GS
Thanks for the video anyway..

Hi Jon

Okay, thanks for trying and getting back to me. I use AutoFlight Logic Autopilot and it does not work when you have 2 Apps running such as the DJI Go App.  So you have to kill one or the other for them to work. The Inspire can only connect to one App at a time (this is a limitation)

All the best
Rich
2017-1-23
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Hong Kong

My problem is if I use DJI GS PRO and then exit and use DJI GO 4 the camera settings are   Locked.          
Only way to fix is to reboot my iPad. Forcing exit of DJI GS PRO doesnt fix the problem. So I have to land. Restart the DJI GO 4 and then able to use the camera settings. Its a real pain in the ass if im some distance away or I risk restart of the iPad and fly the I2 in ATTI mode until the APP is back
2017-1-23
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

DR Jon, I had the same problem without using GS, I could not change from 4K to 1080, could not change the FPS or anything kept trying and nothing, ..I  re-installed the Go4 app, But also had to re-boot my new iPad 4.... Then all was good, i've been ground lately because of props so i have not tried it since, Hopefully will get to play with it when my other batteries arrive.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-23 17:58
My problem is if I use DJI GS PRO and then exit and use DJI GO 4 the camera settings are   Locked.         
Only way to fix is to reboot my iPad. Forcing exit of DJI GS PRO doesnt fix the problem. So I have to land. Restart the DJI GO 4 and then able to use the camera settings. Its a real pain in the ass if im some distance away or I risk restart of the iPad and fly the I2 in ATTI mode until the APP is back

I'm looking into this with the Development team. Unfortunately I'm not an iOS type of person, but does your iPad designate an app once your unit is connected? In that, does the Go 4 app automatically load when you plug in the RC?
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Hong Kong

The iPAD makes a tone that indicates that a device or power supply is connected but the DJI GO 4 is not loaded. (or any other APP)
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Hi Jamie, You will recall i was having problems  with loss of camera control and was unable to have DJI GS PRO on my iPad at the same time as DJI GO4. I resorted to deleting the GS PRO and reloaded the GO 4.

After a lot of trial and error i have found the culprit. Its the R/C !!! I have rebooted the R/C on the 28 Jan made a few flights with just GO 4 then loaded the GS PRO on 1 Feb since then i have had no issues with camera menus.

Maybe its the fix for many of the problems i see on other threads where only a few owners having issues?   
2017-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules