Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Northern Skies - Aerial Video of Yellowknife Canada
1073 14 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

2017-1-8
Use props
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

Guys, been really eager to share this aerial footage I just finished.
I received my Mavic Pro in Nov and then the weather in Toronto was not friendly for drone flying.
But cannot wait to fly my Mavic, thus I took it to Yellowknife with me.
It was in the far north of Canada, a good place for aurora sight seeing.
Really cold there, I have to kept the battery warm. And the flight under freezing point was amazingly successful. Good work DJI!

Hope you like the video
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really nice video. Thanks for your sharing. :-)
2017-1-8
Use props
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-8 22:48
Really nice video. Thanks for your sharing. :-)

Thank you Mindy!
2017-1-9
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

That start shot was pro. Noticed some jello in the town flyover. Wonder if that's due to the cold

2017-1-9
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-9 11:43
That start shot was pro. Noticed some jello in the town flyover. Wonder if that's due to the cold

Ya, at 00:56 the jello was quite troublesome.  I guess from many comments though, it seems like in the cold, strange things happen to the gimbal and camera, even though it continues to fly great.  I just hope it doesn't happen to him when he is at warmer temperatures.
2017-1-9
Use props
Pugsley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Stunning! .. Can't wait to get my pre-order.. Although I'm not sure my views will be that good
2017-1-9
Use props
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-9 11:43

Thanks man! I am just a beginner and took that take-off shot randomly lol. Never thought I could do a bokeh with a drone.
I noticed that jello and shaking. It was shown on DJI Go as "gimbal abnormal". I guess it was due to the cold because I haven't met the issue in my previous flights in Nov. Will test it in the coming spring.
2017-1-9
Use props
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

Stewie Griffin Posted at 2017-1-9 11:56
Ya, at 00:56 the jello was quite troublesome.  I guess from many comments though, it seems like in the cold, strange things happen to the gimbal and camera, even though it continues to fly great.  I just hope it doesn't happen to him when he is at warmer temperatures.

Yea man I have read some comments that reported same shaking issue before. I flied my Mavic once in Nov and it was perfect. I guess the abnormal shaking was due to the cold in my issue. Will check it in the coming spring.
2017-1-9
Use props
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

Pugsley Posted at 2017-1-9 12:07
Stunning! .. Can't wait to get my pre-order.. Although I'm not sure my views will be that good

You will have fun with your Mavic for sure! I am a beginner too and it is really easy to fly and shot! Just carry it to somewhere beautiful.
2017-1-9
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

Super cool. I haven't been to Yellowknife yet, but it's on my list. Well done.
2017-1-10
Use props
AiiS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225509 ft
United States

I love the colors! And I agree with "thehippoz" the beginning shot was awesome. Great job!
2017-1-10
Use props
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

kiltedrunner Posted at 2017-1-10 09:54
Super cool. I haven't been to Yellowknife yet, but it's on my list. Well done.

You will have a good time there. And March would be a good timing. Flights are cheaper, temperature is warmer. And 2017 would be the last year of an 11-year aurora activate cycle. Good luck!
2017-1-10
Use props
Armiduo
lvl.1

Canada

AiiS Posted at 2017-1-10 10:04
I love the colors! And I agree with "thehippoz" the beginning shot was awesome. Great job!

Thanks man!
2017-1-10
Use props
Ackdoh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6014 ft
United States

Beautiful colors against the sun!
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now