Shutter Button on RC not very responsive
706 8 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
senate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2811365 ft

I've been flying the P4 Pro for more than two weeks now and I find that the shutter button on the remote control is not as responsive. When I half pressed the shutter button, the focusing fuction is turned on, but as soon as I try to snap a picture by depressing it fully, the shutter button doesn't response well and it sometimes take me quite a number of tries before I could finally snap a picture. I tried using different level of strength on different areas of the shutter button but it is still giving me the same problem. It got to the point whereby I decided to snap the pic by touching on the record button on the iphone display instead. Is anyone having the same issue? I do have an older P4 and the RC works really well for me as compared to this new RC for the P4 Pro.
2017-1-8
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

This has been a recurrent thread, you have to hold the button down for a second or two before it takes the picture
2017-1-9
Use props
senate 8
lvl.1

SPIKE_151 Posted at 2017-1-9 03:46
This has been a recurrent thread, you have to hold the button down for a second or two before it takes the picture

I had tried that before and I can tell you that it doesn't work. I had lodged this with DJI and was told that it is probably a hardware issue as per their customer service.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, just to clarify, you have sent it in for evaluation?
2017-1-9
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

Same with the video record button on the left. Sometimes I have to press it twice to start recording.
2017-1-9
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have experienced the same problem.  Holding the button longer (a second or two) doesn't seem to help.
2017-1-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've dealt with the same thing on the plus rc, kind of annoying.
2017-1-9
Use props
senate 8
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-9 19:57
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, just to clarify, you have sent it in for evaluation?

I had been told by the customer service officer to email in the details and they will get back to me on the case. Email was sent and I am waiting for their response for the unit to be sent back.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

senate 8 Posted at 2017-1-10 00:08
I had been told by the customer service officer to email in the details and they will get back to me on the case. Email was sent and I am waiting for their response for the unit to be sent back.

Just for a further explanation, you need a full press on the button after it completely finish the focus process.
For example, when you enable AF, then half press on the button, the image will zoom in and  focus automatically, you need wait until the image goes back to normal, then full press on the shutter button to take a picture.
If you have not sent it in, please double check it again.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules