Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Signal lost issue - Status?
1725 27 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex-
lvl.1

United States

Hello DJI,
could you please clarify if your devs are working on a fix for the "rc signal lost" issue? If yes, please let us know when the fix will be available.
Several users here and in other forums are complaining about that.

To summarize the situation again:
After a firmware upgrade it is not possible to link the rc with the drone. It looks like an incomplete firmware upgrade. The drone seems to be upgraded, but the rc is still on the old version. Thus a linking between rc and drone fails. So far there is no solution for this.

Furthermore the Go app on Android and iOS is not showing the version of the device ("version unknown" or "N/A"). This means a normal firmware upgrade using the app is not possible. Two weeks ago your mods told us something about a sever re-configuration which should fix this. When will this happen?

I also heard of a beta firmware (P3C_FW_V01.07.0094.bin ?) which might fix this. Is that true?

2017-1-9
Use props
fansbc434456
lvl.4
Denmark

the newest firmware is 1.7.9 and its not a beta version.try to do a imu calibration and relink the rc and aircraft after an imu calibration on a level surface
2017-1-9
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

United States

Yes, the newest released firmware is P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.
But according to others the DJI support provided the file P3C_FW_V01.07.0094 to solve the issue.
2017-1-9
Use props
chrisw94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-9 05:28
Yes, the newest released firmware is P3C_FW_V01.07.0090.
But according to others the DJI support provided the file P3C_FW_V01.07.0094 to solve the issue.

Do you have access to this file?
2017-1-9
Use props
morganste86
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have this file, it does not resolve the problem.
2017-1-9
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

In the phantompilots forum a user said that the DJI support told him a new firmware V1.08.x will be ready soon.
Why do some customers get this info while there's still no statement here?
2017-1-9
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Don't mess with a Beta until you really know what your doing. Just a helpful hint.
2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-9 10:21
In the phantompilots forum a user said that the DJI support told him a new firmware V1.08.x will be ready soon.
Why do some customers get this info while there's still no statement here?

Oh I hope you are right so we can solve this problem. Maybe DJI are finally realising lots of users out there don't have a problem with 1.7.9 but a very large amount do, maybe why there is this upcoming new software. Seems like déjà vu when DJI said 1.6.8 didn't have an issue and then admitted it did some months later.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

1.7.9 resolved the short range users were experiencing.
2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 13:38
1.7.9 resolved the short range users were experiencing.

No it didn't Ken, read all the posts on this forum  (there are loads and loads)  thats say the range is the same as 1.6.8 or even worse for about 25% of users. You guys must start listen to the users of Phantom 3 Standard who were you very first customers that made DJI a success.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-9 13:42
No it didn't Ken, read all the posts on this forum  (there are loads and loads)  thats say the range is the same as 1.6.8 or even worse for about 25% of users. You guys must start listen to the users of Phantom 3 Standard who were you very first customers that made DJI a success.

I have a Standard and it works just as advertised on 1.7.9
2017-1-9
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

1.7.9 was a huge improvement over 1.6.8.
Aircraft went from being unusable to 500 meters+ in ideal conditions.
There is so many other factors involved that i feel sorry for guys at DJI. They only ever hear from the people who have problems but rarely hear from the success stories or happy customers.

That being said it is clear that the P3S  needs a better method of performing FW updates. Trying to up date via WiFi is asking for trouble , there needs to be a way of updating the transmitter FW on its own as once the Aircraft and TX get out of sync with each other (regarding FW versions) its difficult if not impossible for the average user to fix.

2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 13:43

Ken Like I said for some people it worked and lots it didn't. I don't want to be rude but don't you guys read the hundreds of posts that say the 1.7.9 has not improved it for a very lot of people. Remember DJI said 1.6.8 had no range issues for months and months then all of a sudden they came out with 1.7.9 and said it mended the range issues !!!. Please Please Please listen to lots and lots of posts on here saying range issue with 1.7.9 for some, I agree not for all, but lots of people are still having issues. These can be dangerous bits of kit if it loses signal and gets interference and DJI needs to not keep saying its mended when all you need to do is read the posts. I am not going to respond to this any more because me and lots of others are exhausted telling DJI there is still an issue albeit for a few but it is still an issue. Please bring back 1.5.8 that worked really well or at least let us be able to downgrade back to that because obviously DJI don't seem to care. Sorry this is harsh but I am fed up of voicing this issue for the hundreds if not thousands of phantom 3 Standard users the have this problem.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-9 14:36
Ken Like I said for some people it worked and lots it didn't. I don't want to be rude but don't you guys read the hundreds of posts that say the 1.7.9 has not improved it for a very lot of people. Remember DJI said 1.6.8 had no range issues for months and months then all of a sudden they came out with 1.7.9 and said it mended the range issues !!!. Please Please Please listen to lots and lots of posts on here saying range issue with 1.7.9 for some, I agree not for all, but lots of people are still having issues. These can be dangerous bits of kit if it loses signal and gets interference and DJI needs to not keep saying its mended when all you need to do is read the posts. I am not going to respond to this any more because me and lots of others are exhausted telling DJI there is still an issue albeit for a few but it is still an issue. Please bring back 1.5.8 that worked really well or at least let us be able to downgrade back to that because obviously DJI don't seem to care. Sorry this is harsh but I am fed up of voicing this issue for the hundreds if not thousands of phantom 3 Standard users the have this problem.

If 1.7.9 did nothing to resolve your issue, then please contact support and send the aircraft in for evaluation.
2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 14:59
If 1.7.9 did nothing to resolve your issue, then please contact support and send the aircraft in for evaluation.

Ken this is what you say to everyone and then charge them. If all these are faulty it must mean there are lots out there that DJI have broken with an update and it is not cost affective to do when it is a software issue. It worked fine with 1.5.8. Please sort the software this is my last response to this issue.
2017-1-9
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 13:43

Mine as well, works great on 1.7.9. But to be honest I've never had a real issues with any FW version, and I've been on three or four by now.
2017-1-10
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-9 13:42

"very first customers that made DJI a success." not really. The DJI was already a big name well before the Standard came out. Even within the Phantom 3 series the Standard was the last to be made, after the P3A and P3P. I understand frustration, but to blame the FW solely I think is misguided. I personally think the people having issues is caused by faulty installs or corrupt downloads of the FW. I think the fact that the P3S uses a wifi signal for not only the download, but also the install makes it susceptible to this. Then through into this the Phantoms out there that have an hardware issue, no matter what FW version they have their going to have a problem because their unit needs a repair.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-10 07:18
"very first customers that made DJI a success." not really. The DJI was already a big name well before the Standard came out. Even within the Phantom 3 series the Standard was the last to be made, after the P3A and P3P.

And long before the Phantoms were the extremely successful DJI F330, F450, and F550.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-10 07:15
Mine as well, works great on 1.7.9. But to be honest I've never had a real issues with any FW version, and I've been on three or four by now.

Thanks for posting.
2017-1-10
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

Telling us that you don't have the problem is not really helpful... and the success of DJI is also not the topic here...
Could we please get back to the topic? A lot of people are still waiting for a feedback from DJI.
2017-1-10
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

So as the issues were resolved in the newer firmware, what was the issue? Just wondering what sorts of things happen in firmware that cause such things? And yes, some people still seem to experience issues...  so it would be interesting to hear what DJI actually uncovered? Such issues seems to show up and disappear sort of randomly on all P3 platforms, ranging from S to P.. I have not heard quite as much on the P4....
2017-1-10
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-10 10:01
Telling us that you don't have the problem is not really helpful... and the success of DJI is also not the topic here...
Could we please get back to the topic? A lot of people are still waiting for a feedback from DJI.

Agree lots are still having problems with 1.7.9 and they have installed it properly. !!! Not sure why people wont understand or believe that the majority who have problems have installed it correctly.
2017-1-10
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
United States

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-10 10:01

Post #14 is DJI, at least on this thread.
2017-1-10
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 14:59

Thanks for this one... {:4_157:}
I sent mine in yesterday just before the new firmware did come out! Perfect timing.
Next time, please just tell people that a new firmware is about to be released which will fix the issue we are experiencing.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-12 06:50
Thanks for this one...
I sent mine in yesterday just before the new firmware did come out! Perfect timing.
Next time, please just tell people that a new firmware is about to be released which will fix the issue we are experiencing.

This is what is in the new firmware, I don't think it would have helped you.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... d+Release+Notes.pdf
2017-1-12
Use props
fans2df9b35b
lvl.1

Croatia

My ph3 standard goes max 300-350 meters away from me. Sometimes 200met is max. than i get warning signal lost.
Its same if i fly in city or i go out of town on lakebor mountines
2017-1-12
Use props
Alex-
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-12 07:55
This is what is in the new firmware, I don't think it would have helped you.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170111/Phantom+3+Standard+Release+Notes.pdf

You still didn't understand the issue a lot of people are facing. It was a combination of failed firmware upgrade (rc wasn't updated) and the "version unknown" which didn't allow a firmware upgrade via the apps.
After the release of 1.8.10 these users where prompted for an upgrade via app. And many of them are telling us here and in other forums that the issue is now solved for them.
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Alex- Posted at 2017-1-12 11:48
You still didn't understand the issue a lot of people are facing. It was a combination of failed firmware upgrade (rc wasn't updated) and the "version unknown" which didn't allow a firmware upgrade via the apps.
After the release of 1.8.10 these users where prompted for an upgrade via app. And many of them are telling us here and in other forums that the issue is now solved for them.

I thought you were referring to shortened rage.
Sorry about that.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules