6583 21 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I had all the problems that many people are having in this forum. I fly with ios 1.01 Ipad Air 2What i learned can be surmised as follows:

Flight Check list:

---Fully charge remote and battery
---close ALL apps in Ipad AND put it in airplane mode

----make sure the DJI pilot app is closed.
----Make sure prop locks are secure
----Turn Inspire on and Remote on
----Turn ios app on
----Press Camera button
----Make sure all firmwares are uptodate and the app confirms it
----Caliberate Compass
---Press Mode button
----Press "advanced settings"
----Press "sensor"
----Caliberate IMU advanced----Press button "HD" always use "CUSTOM" channel
---Watch channels in my case the cleanest channel in 2.4 mhz is "32"
---Pick channel "32" The blue Bar should be in your chosen channel in my case "32
---Choose "midline image tranmission quality" it gives about 1 mile range
---Close menu
----Take both RX TX outside get a good sat llock on GPS
----Press both sticks inwards and down ..mark your home..lady should confirm in app
---FLY
---The reason the RC connection may break is as folows
---there is ipad in the way between Sky and the two antennas that should be pointing to the sky always! AND always parallel to each other
---You have left the ipad in regular mode and not "airplane" mode
---You have not selected "off" under "set RC status" but have selected "master" or slave---You have selected a 2.4 ghz video channel that has most "interference" from 2.4 ghz devices in your neighboorhood (go Back and pick the cleanest channel)

i hope it helps someone

I had almost ALL the problems that people are having on this forum the above procedure solved them all

DJI needs to write a simple and comprehensive online or written manual

ENJOY IT IS A HOBBY

Arun

2015-2-15
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

So please enlighten me. I thought that you DID NOT choose either master or slave and choose 'off'  Thats what the manual says.  NO?
2015-2-15
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

dbeck.promobox Posted at 2015-2-16 07:53
So please enlighten me. I thought that you DID NOT choose either master or slave and choose 'off'  T ...

yes i chose "off"
2015-2-15
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

i must like the risk...... this hobby is addicting.......... i have flown ispire 1 today about 10 times just finished a night run upto 500 feet without a glitch...at -20C now

the channel selection is crucial ... i think i maybe wrong....because i found most of the channels in my area were "red bars" meaning unstable... the only channel without any data was "32" the last one so i chose that one...and voila!!!
2015-2-15
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

You Calibrate your IMU before every flight?
Why is the Auto Channel not acceptable?
Master mode is selected by default, you're saying I should switch it to off if I'm a single/sole operator?
2015-2-15
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-2-16 07:59
i must like the risk...... this hobby is addicting.......... i have flown ispire 1 today about 10  ...

Bravo flight day!!
2015-2-15
Use props
mike.hamel
lvl.1

Germany

Hi Arun, why do you go on airplane mode? Do you cache the maps before?
2015-2-15
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Scooterlam i  do not...but basic imu calibration maybe a good idea! but compass calibration definately. Someone on this forum suggested that imu values should be on the opening screen.. I agree 100% ..so if you are off in gyro you can recaliberate

Mike yes i cache my maps
it looks like channel selection for the 2.4 ghz stream is the key.. use the channel with the least amount of interference in my case it is channel 32 but i live in a rural area BUT THEN i came across this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053&page=189

"[size=14.6666669845581px]Apparently DJI doesn't take the FCC, IC and CE standards seriously. This is not surprising as many do that in a similar manner. However the following can put any DJI Lightbridge user into trouble"

2015-2-16
Use props
robrizok.aol
lvl.1
United States

Arun - I follow your posts as you have added valuable info to us.  Thank you and please continue to add.
2015-2-16
Use props
CanD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4862615 ft
Germany

I think only channels 13-20 are allowed to use legally in most countries as they are in the defined ISM bands: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISM_band and this is exactely what the app is telling you if you want to switch to a custom band.

Otherwise good job, turning the antennas to the aircraft and switching the tablet to flight mode might really reduced interferences.
2015-2-16
Use props
djaunay
lvl.1

Australia

Great operational hints - did most of these but NOT flight mode on iPad as mine doesnt have SIM card inserted - does that still make any difference ?? Also without comms are you caching the map before you turn to flight mode otherwise you dont get aerial (or have you found another way around this too)......
2015-2-16
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

It is NOT a good idea to calibrate IMU before flying. You can check the readings to see if they're off but if you calibrate IMU on a surface that is not level, the drone will drift in 1 direction. It is a good habbit to do a IMU on a level floor at home after flying. I only check the readings and calibrate if needed.
2015-2-17
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Why don't you cycle the batt (like I do when I fly my PTV2) after compass Cali?
2015-2-18
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-2-19 00:42

i am not sure what the benefit is i will try that and report
2015-2-24
Use props
Christian
lvl.2

Germany

Hi Arun, thanks for sharing your experiance.
I got 2 questions on your pre flight check:

1. I think everytime before flight calibration of IMU is not necessary IF you check your IMU data in the app (i reccomend that this information shows up at the aircraft status screen). If it´s in the normal range from 0.99 to 1.01 it should be ok, i guess - to be 100% sure you can hit the check IMU button in the app. What do you think?

2. Can you get a little bit in detail regarding your suggestion to set "OFF" in the rc status? That would be nice.

Cheers, Christian
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

CanD Posted at 2015-2-16 19:49
I think only channels 13-20 are allowed to use legally in most countries as they are in the defined  ...

Putting the Tablet into "Flight Mode" definitely works well. I was having n issue with my Phantom 2 Vision in that the range really stunk. I spoke with a DJI Tech and he suggested that I do it. I did any range more than doubled. I have also inspected Towers with the Phantom with several Cell Providers on them and I put it in Airplane Mode and fly literally within inches of the Antennas which are active and on the air and I have had no interference problems at all. Works great in that mode.
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-2-19 00:42

Honestly, I never do that with my Phantom. Didn't know that I was supposed to. Never had any issues.
2015-2-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the data arun. The detailed procedure step by step also.
2015-2-24
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Christian Posted at 2015-2-25 03:59
Hi Arun, thanks for sharing your experiance.
I got 2 questions on your pre flight check:

The "off" in slave master mode will prevent the Inspire from looking for the signal difference from two types of remotes hence shortening "warm-up" just guessing..
2015-2-25
Use props
Jason Schiffner
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, I have over 200 flights with the A model and ordered when the Inspire 1 was announced in NOV 14.

I've read every single crash/fly away post on all the pages/forums. I've put together a comprehensive pre-flight checklist that, I believe, prevents every preventable problem. Also, it's way cool, because it lights up the boxes as you check them. And you get a green light when all the boxes are checked.

Inspire 1 Preflight checklist: http://www.dronefrontier.com/inspire1checklist/
2015-7-30
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sometimes wonder if people over think all this .I do the very basics and if the App says there is a problem .I fix it .Most times I am flying in less than a minute and never a problem .I have had a total of 3 fly a ways since last year .To be honest my fault on 2 but 1 no idea .I think they made things easy and fun and I never use a check list .I fly at least twice a day . Maybe I should be more cautious but so far so good .  
2015-7-30
Use props
jqpworld
lvl.1
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-2-16 19:03
Scooterlam i  do not...but basic imu calibration maybe a good idea! but compass calibration definate ...

Calibrate IMU after every firmware upgrade on a flat level surface (like home garage).... per advice DJI gave me.  Calibrate compass away from (5-10 meters?) cars, rebar in cement, other metal objects & cell phones (I take mine out of the pocket and place it on a portable table 5-10 meters away from where I conduct the calibration.) (read in a manual somewhere).
2015-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules