No positioning (ATTI) Issue
21063 11 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olho
lvl.1
Spain

Hi there,

My Mavic displays this alert every time I turn it on regardless of where I'm flying it in: No positioning (ATTI). Shows no satelites. How could that be? I've tried in several places, urban areas (didn't fly it) and others and always shows ATTI mode. I know that ATTI mode can't be changed, it's not manual so that's the only mode I'd be able to fly it.  I would fly it but it's not showing satelites either and I've heard of many people having troubles (accidents and close calls) with this mode and the Mavic. I live in a big city. Is not that I'm in the middle of nowhere.

Anybody with the same issue? Any thoughts? It's really frustrating. It's been only problems since the first day.

Thanks for your help.
2017-1-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

No satellites at all? I've never seen my Mavic pick up zero satellites. Even indoors it usually picks up at least a few (but not enough to get a lock). If you're not seeing any at all, that sounds like a serious issue with your Mavic.
2017-1-9
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

I see this every time I powermy mavic up, but if I wait about 30 seconds it begins to pick up satellites and ATTI goes away.

PS. I power up my phone, remote then my drone, and before I get my jacket on ATTI goes away.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry you are experiencing this, can you please post a screenshot.
Even outdoors after a minute or two it has no satellites ?
If so, are you on the latest firmware?
Can you connect it to the Assistant2 and do a factory restore or refresh the firmware and see if it still shows no GPS.
If it still shows no GPS, then please contact support and they will issue an RMA to have it sent in for repair.
2017-1-9
Use props
Olho
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-9 10:59
Sorry you are experiencing this, can you please post a screenshot.
Even outdoors after a minute or two it has no satellites ?
If so, are you on the latest firmware?

Hi Ken, thanks for your reply. I will definitely sent you all info tomorrow when I have more time.
Thanks for your help.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olho Posted at 2017-1-9 12:13
Hi Ken, thanks for your reply. I will definitely sent you all info tomorrow when I have more time.
Thanks for your help.

Sounds good, thanks.
2017-1-9
Use props
Olho
lvl.1
Spain

Hi Ken,
Surprisingly everything went well today I was also having a problem with electromagnetic interference at sticks which I fixed calibrating the remote control (found help online).  The ATTI mode disappeared within a few seconds and I was able to fly it. However, I found out that the wobbling problem -didin't mention that one yesterday- didn't have anything to do with the electromagnetic interference but with what I believe is dust/sand in the motors. When landing the Mavic I got a gust with sand -flying close to a beach- and on the next take off the Mavic started shaking. I removed the propellers and use some pressure-air and now there's less wobbling but it's not perfect.
Should I sent it back to DJI to repair? Is there any way I can dismantle the motor to clean it off or is it too complicated?
Thanks for your help again!
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olho Posted at 2017-1-10 07:48
Hi Ken,
Surprisingly everything went well today  I was also having a problem with electromagnetic interference at sticks which I fixed calibrating the remote control (found help online).  The ATTI mode disappeared within a few seconds and I was able to fly it. However, I found out that the wobbling problem -didin't mention that one yesterday- didn't have anything to do with the electromagnetic interference but with what I believe is dust/sand in the motors. When landing the Mavic I got a gust with sand -flying close to a beach- and on the next take off the Mavic started shaking. I removed the propellers and use some pressure-air and now there's less wobbling but it's not perfect.
Should I sent it back to DJI to repair? Is there any way I can dismantle the motor to clean it off or is it too complicated?

Glad you figured it out.
As far as the motors, try to keep sand as far away as possible.
If you can feel it grit when hand turning the motor slowly then that is not good.
I would be safe and send it in to be looked at if you feel grit.
The bottom caps do come off but that is not recommended.
2017-1-10
Use props
Olho
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-10 08:08
Glad you figured it out.
As far as the motors, try to keep sand as far away as possible.
If you can feel it grit when hand turning the motor slowly then that is not good.

Hi Ken, thanks for you reply. I don't feel any grit whatsoever. I've sent it back to be checked anyway. Thanks
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olho Posted at 2017-1-11 02:36
Hi Ken, thanks for you reply. I don't feel any grit whatsoever. I've sent it back to be checked anyway. Thanks

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for reporting.
2017-1-11
Use props
Olho
lvl.1
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-11 07:27
Ok, sounds good. Thanks for reporting.

Hi Ken, well, I finally fixed it. I called DJI and they told me to restore the Mavic to factory defaults with DJI Assistent 2 . It worked. No more wobbling. So nothing to do with sand-dust. The ATTI issue is gone too. Now let's start from scratch and hope that everything goes well. Thanks for your help.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Olho Posted at 2017-1-11 10:50
Hi Ken, well, I finally fixed it. I called DJI and they told me to restore the Mavic to factory defaults with DJI Assistent 2 . It worked. No more wobbling. So nothing to do with sand-dust. The ATTI issue is gone too. Now let's start from scratch and hope that everything goes well. Thanks for your help.

That's great to hear, I was going to suggest that but you said it started after the sand got into it so that's what I thought it was.
Sorry I didn't suggest that earlier.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules