Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Assistant 2 No Go on Mac
20928 51 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darryldob
New
Australia

DJI Assistant 2. Finder, Applications, Assistant ( hexagonal icon).
2017-8-7
Use props
darryldob
New
Australia

2017-8-7
Use props
darryldob
New
Australia

2017-8-7
Use props
Boedie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29639 ft
Netherlands

Tried all the tips above, but no assistant 2 found on the mac.
2017-11-5
Use props
fans4ab7e8dc
New
Flight distance : 138386 ft
United States

I have an Inspire 1 V2, just got it back from repair and  am now unable to install DJI GO. Driving me mad for 3 hours! Any help?
2017-11-5
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

I use dji go on my mac using parallels and it works flawlessly
2017-11-5
Use props
Dikhan
lvl.1
Italy

Good Lord, this program is an hack!
First of all they should put in evidence the Mac OS X versions it supports!
I've succesfully (no issues during the procedure) installed it under 10.6.8 and 10.8.5 on both laptop and desktop machines and nothing works!
Under Snow Leopard it doesn't open up even if you click on it a million times: as a user I felt cheated big time!
Under Mountain Lion I'm able to login and the program looks alive suggesting to connect that USB plug <<<---, but then it loses any interest in you no matter what you do. You can connect and reconnect a billion times either the RC or the Mav or both and get nowhere as usual: you'll end up feeling you're an idiot and cheated again a bigger time now!
Luckily I'm also using a Windoz 7x64 machine customized to my needs (80 % of the Services and GUI loads are disabled or removed) and after just a bit of wrestling I put it off-line and the system stopped trying to search online and installed those suspicious drivers coming with the dji exec and from then on I use that PC to check on firmware updates and Calibrations!
I'm not even sure it's an OSX compatibility issue on the macs as I'm reading some conflicting reports: in any case I don't condone Apple's latest policy to force you to buy a new machine just to be able to install their latest OS. BTW you can force an installation on almost any unsupported Intel Mac, and it will work without a glitch afterwards: why, oh why?
I can understand they are producing also the machines and need to sell them but the time they had those allegedly unique devices such a SCSI HD (is it MAC certified!?) it is long gone and an OS should serve the user, not the other way round!
Sorry for the long rant!
DJI have a careful and close look on your Mac program and try to make it work without compatibility issues under any OSX version: please!
2017-11-6
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-3-15 12:46
I tried on 2 macs and a PC, no solution.

NOW... after speaking to DJI Support, I've sent back my controller for DJI to replace because they had no recommendations other than what I tried.  This was 2/21.  Their return label took a week to get my controller to DJI (understandable for ground shipping), however I still do not have a replacement controller.  In fact, I just got off the phone with DJI yet again and they haven't even sent me a new controller.  They don't even have a ship date, they are just telling me they hope to have me one sent by the end of the month.  I asked if they would at least overnight me the controller when they got it in, that request is being escalated...

hey try this . this is what i do on my mac . plug usb into mavic 1st with it on . then open up assistant 2.  plug your phone into remote and log on to dji app . then plug in your already connected usb from mavic to mac. it should then open up . even though your mavic is connected to mac , as long as your phone have wifi , the phone will actually update app and remote that way . hope this helps!!
2017-11-6
Use props
Dikhan
lvl.1
Italy

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2017-11-6 10:59
hey try this . this is what i do on my mac . plug usb into mavic 1st with it on . then open up assistant 2.  plug your phone into remote and log on to dji app . then plug in your already connected usb from mavic to mac. it should then open up . even though your mavic is connected to mac , as long as your phone have wifi , the phone will actually update app and remote that way . hope this helps!!

I don't get what's the use of connecting the Mavic to the Mac when you're using the DJI GO app via WiFi to update the firmware.
The DJI Assistant 2 is not recognizing the connected Mavic anyway: this SW is absolute junk and it's never working properly. Hopefully they'll make some better efforts to let us use the Mac to Calibrate the Camera or update the FWs...
2017-11-19
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
United States

I agree. Pretty much under wifi you can do most anything with phone app. Mac plug in good if you want to go back in firmware but all else should be able to get done through phone
2017-11-20
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
United States

I usually plug in phone to remote and open app. Then i either update remote that way or you can plug usb into mavic at that time and goto ast 2 on pc. Once you open that then plug usb into pc it will recognize and show u your firmware then do a refresh
2017-11-20
Use props
sonicslp1
New

United States

I can confirm, Assistant 2 is fubar on OSX running latest OS (10.13.2)

Assistant 2 installs but is nowhere to be found (it's not even being registered in Spotlight, so you can't even do a quick spotlight search for it). Thanks to this thread, I found it in Launchpad (who the hell uses launchpad??)

C'mon DJI, get your act together!

I haven't had a chance to see if it actually links up to the Air yet, just got it and batteries are still charging.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules