Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Great pack
1374 16 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JHolwege
lvl.1

United States

http://microraptorcases.com/prod ... vic-and-accessories

I just received this pack and it is fantastic.

I was looking at hard sided cases, but I was told I would have to carry my Mavic batteries with my in my checked luggage when I flew, so I figured I would go with a pack for convenience.

It holds 4 spare batteries and a lot of other stuff. I currently have two other cameras and room for my iPad in it.
IMG_9005.JPG
IMG_9006.JPG
IMG_9004.JPG
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's nice, your all set to go.
2017-1-9
Use props
kenbennedy
lvl.2
United States

I like the looks of that neon green high visibility (sticker?) cover layer. Do you mind sharing where you got it?
2017-1-9
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11266 ft
United States

kenbennedy Posted at 2017-1-9 15:26
I like the looks of that neon green high visibility (sticker?) cover layer. Do you mind sharing where you got it?

Haven't dealt with them, but this looks like the place.  

https://www.istyles.com/skins/ot ... amp;view=popularity
2017-1-10
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
United States

jayh410 Posted at 2017-1-10 19:02
Haven't dealt with them, but this looks like the place.  

https://www.istyles.com/skins/other/drone/dji-mavic-pro/?tag=-solidcolors&view=popularity

for what it's worth, I just ordered a custom skin from this place.  I did the retina burning lime green and  put my FAA registry number on the body of the mavic and then numbered the battery.  With the Mavic skin you get two extra battery skins, so I numbered the other two consecutively, because hey.... OCD.   

They have a winter special with "free" usps shipping and $4.50 off,  so it was basically 25$.  Pretty nifty.  
2017-1-11
Use props
JHolwege
lvl.1

United States

This is where I got mine. Many options. Great service. I got skins for my phone as well.

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/329384/dji-mavic-pro-skin-solid-state-lime
2017-1-12
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

Nice bag, do the shoulder straps clip together across the chest? That's an important feature I'm looking for when I'm in the market for a backpack since I ride a motorcycle and it's not a fun experience when riding and the shoulder straps slip off your shoulders.
2017-1-12
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
United States

FPVJunkie Posted at 2017-1-12 13:28
Nice bag, do the shoulder straps clip together across the chest? That's an important feature I'm looking for when I'm in the market for a backpack since I ride a motorcycle and it's not a fun experience when riding and the shoulder straps slip off your shoulders.

I checked the site and they've got a good view of the straps on the red one.  There's definitely a chest strap. I wish they gave overall dimensions because this could be a good carry-on piece as well,  Looks like they're back-ordered to end end of January.
2017-1-12
Use props
jayh410
lvl.4
United States

JHolwege Posted at 2017-1-12 13:04
This is where I got mine. Many options. Great service. I got skins for my phone as well.

https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/329384/dji-mavic-pro-skin-solid-state-lime

So, decalgirl and istyles are basically the same place.  My skins just shipped from Rehoboth
2017-1-12
Use props
JHolwege
lvl.1

United States

The dimensions are 18x10x10. It has the chest and waist strap. It also has the back pouch that could fit an ipad(except the 12"). I actually have two if anyone is looking for one.

I got this one over the hard case because I travel a lot and will always have it in my hands.
2017-1-13
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Have any of you air travelled with the Li-Ion batteries? Is that allowed to bring into the cabin? Or do you have to check it?
2017-1-13
Use props
utahskier
lvl.2
United States

how easy is the skin to apply and does it feel like good quality or cheap?
2017-1-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

OhOhDrone Posted at 2017-1-13 21:19
Have any of you air travelled with the Li-Ion batteries? Is that allowed to bring into the cabin? Or do you have to check it?

Last I heard, you are required to carry your batteries, not allowed to have them in checked baggage.
2017-1-13
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-1-13 22:20
Last I heard, you are required to carry your batteries, not allowed to have them in checked baggage.

I checked online with FAA and United Airlines and here is what I found. The spare batteries need to be protected from being short circuited and be no more than 100Wh. The mavic batteries are 43.6 Wh.

Battery Policy.PNG
2017-1-14
Use props
BentonJoyce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234318 ft
United States

I really dig the fact that you have a skin on it looks good and offers some minor protection. Has anyone seen the Chinese new year phantom 4 that thing is gorgeous!
2017-1-14
Use props
JHolwege
lvl.1

United States

The skins were easy to put on. I used a heat gun in a few spots to get them formed well. The adhesive is pretty good, and you can put them on and take them off a couple times to make sure they are perfect. I like green, plus I'm hoping the color will make it stand out better.
2017-1-14
Use props
JHolwege
lvl.1

United States

Everything that I have read as far as LiPo batteries, is you have to carry them. They may not go into checked baggage.

Something about sudden changes in temperature and pressure being really bad for them.
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules