Flying Tempetures
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RenMai
lvl.2

Ireland

Hi All,

Im heading to the tip of Norway in 2 weeks, Im there for a week and wanted to do some flying there if possible.

Does anyone know of what temperatures I shouldnt risk flying at? Im a New Flyer so am being very cautious with my flying but I would love to get some video while Im there.

Dont want to end up with equipment failure so any advice from the more seasoned flyer would be very welcome.

G
2017-1-9
Use props
Frits48
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

Personally I draw the line at -12 deg. C, but I know it works well at temps colder than that.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello RenMai, the operating temperature should be 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C).
If you need to fly in low temperature, please refer to the screenshot. Low temperature.png
2017-1-9
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

On Youtube there is a video from a Canadian guy who tested it at around -15°C. Worked nice, only his iPhone went out of juice quickly in that cold (common problem with these crapphones).

When intending to fly in very cold conditions keep all batteries/RC inside Your coat-pockets close to the body, insert them quickly and fire Your Mavic off quickly ........................
2017-1-10
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

I made here in Michigan a hardcore test as well after I had issues. I had to send it back for repair. Before mine made crazy footage at 8 degree - finally my test at -14 degree (windchill around -21) went well. Now I'm happy that the snow is coming to make some nice shots
2017-1-10
Use props
NatasataN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100574 ft
Canada

Same here, I tried mine at -18c with windchill and had no issues at all. I also make sure to return home when suggested. Ending my flight with 22% battery life and about 15-20 minutes flight time.
2017-1-10
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

Hi RenMai,
I flew at -32C (-25.6F) last week and it worked just find. Only issue was my cold fingers and iphone shutting down prematurely - an issue I have had with iphones for a while now.
EDIT: I should point out that I just flew the Mavic in -18C (0F) temperature and it worked very well. I did some sport mode flying for 12 minutes in heavy wind. When I landed it, I checked the battery temperature and it was +38C (100F)! A little suprised that it wasn't cooler...
2017-1-10
Use props
airoscar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 272953 ft
United States

I've flown in -15C for 3 flights in a row but drawing down each battery only to 30%. In -21C, my Mavic start to act up after a while, so I would avoid pushing it below -15, -10 to be safe.
2017-1-10
Use props
EIDW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 719318 ft
Ireland

I've found this on YouTube : -22°C no issue.

2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules