5753 56 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Teamfour
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440988 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was reported that if you go to the DJI products page looking for the firmware update, you get a message saying the P3 is out of production. I checked and it does say that. Does this make our birds rare and valuable? Seriously, I hope that batteries stay in production since the knock-offs don't work well.

2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Wow I hope they still support their main product and the owners that helped the company grow.
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149101 ft
United States

Avanced no longer being produced!!!

I PURCHASE A PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED DRONE 3 WEEKS AGO IN DEC. NOW IM BEING TOLD BY DJI THAT THEY NO LONGER ARE PRODUCING THE ADVANCED! AND THAT THEY CANT GARANTY ME THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO GET PARTS FOR IT FROM DJI?????? WHY WOULDNT THEY TELL YOU UP FRONT THAT IT IS NO LONGER BEING MADE ,SO I COULD DECIDE ON IFFERENT DRONE!! ONE THEY WILL STILL BE MAKING!! VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH DJI FOR NOT BEING UP RONT WITH THIS!!! SO IF SOMETHING HAPPENS? AND CANT GET A PART I NEED, THEN I HAVE OVER A $1000 PAPER WEIGHT WITH THE EXTRAS I BOUGHT WITH IT!!

2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

I PURCHASED MINE IN DEC. 3 WEEKS AGO! AND I SAW THIS ON THE SIHT WHEN I WENT TO IT.. CONTACTED CHAT AND WAS TOLD THEY CANT GARANTY THEY'LL HAVE PARTS IF SOMEONE NEEDS THEM? MY QUESTION IS WHY DIDNT THEY TELL PEOPLE UP FRONT BEFORE THEY PURCHASE THEIR BIRD, WHEN THEY KNEW IT WASNT BEING MADE ANYMORE!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED !! I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PHANTOM 4 OR SOMTHING ELSE
2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

TSAT Posted at 2017-1-9 17:15
I PURCHASED MINE IN DEC. 3 WEEKS AGO! AND I SAW THIS ON THE SIHT WHEN I WENT TO IT.. CONTACTED CHAT AND WAS TOLD THEY CANT GARANTY THEY'LL HAVE PARTS IF SOMEONE NEEDS THEM? MY QUESTION IS WHY DIDNT THEY TELL PEOPLE UP FRONT BEFORE THEY PURCHASE THEIR BIRD, WHEN THEY KNEW IT WASNT BEING MADE ANYMORE!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED !! I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PHANTOM 4 OR SOMTHING ELSE

I Agree, just wonder if they will fall out of the sky when they cancel updates and give up on us all. Doesn't give DJI a good name, I understand all products have a life span but they should mention it on their site that whilst they have stopped selling them, they will support the product for so many months or years. It seems their Customer Service gets poor reviews quite a lot.
2017-1-9
Use props
48devildog
lvl.1

United States

Bought my P3A in December 2016..thanks DJI for giving me a heads up before spending $1100 plus on the drone and accessories.  If I would have known that I was buying something that would no longer be produced a month later then I would have bought the Mavic or P4. I feel like I truly wasted my money on something that potentially can't be fixed a year from now.

Hey DJI give me a full trade in credit on my P3A and the accessories and I will apply it to the Mavic or P4. That would take away the feeling that I got swindled on an out of date drone.  Fooled me once...never again.
2017-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just because they don't intend to still produce them, it does not mean they will stop supporting them. Once they get a stable set of firmware, they will probably stop issuing updates. And they will not fall out of the sky because there are no new updates, that is just plain silly.

And if you check, at this time it is only the Advanced and Pro they are stopping production on, the poorly performing 4K and Standard are still be produced.

2017-1-9
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

They still making the professional? Much is the same except for the camera
2017-1-9
Use props
Phantom One
First Officer
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Rigworker Posted at 2017-1-9 18:07

It doesn't appear so.  Here is the message you get;
P3P.png
2017-1-9
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-9 18:03
Just because they don't intend to still produce them, it does not mean they will stop supporting them. Once they get a stable set of firmware, they will probably stop issuing updates. And they will not fall out of the sky because there are no new updates, that is just plain silly.

And if you check, at this time it is only the Advanced and Pro they are stopping production on, the poorly performing 4K and Standard are still be produced.

Just curious, when you say poorly performing P3 4k
Do you mean they didn't sell many of them or that it has functional issues.
If DJI is still selling the Standard and the 4k, I'm sure they will still service the P3 series, the batteries are the same for all of them.
Can't buy a brand new 69 mustang anymore either, but if you still have one holy crap
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

BRYAN THE PERSON I TALKED TO SAID ONLY THE STANDARD?? I GUESS SINCE THE 4 IS OUT?
2017-1-9
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

No longer being produced does not equal no longer being supported and being able to buy parts. The battery is the same for the P3 series and they're still selling the standard.
2017-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-1-9 18:25
Just curious, when you say poorly performing P3 4k
Do you mean they didn't sell many of them or that it has functional issues.
If DJI is still selling the Standard and the 4k, I'm sure they will still service the P3 series, the batteries are the same for all of them.

Those two are far less sophisticated, perform poorly, yet are still retained because they are cheap bait to get people into DJI aircraft. The two better aircraft, the Advanced and Pro are being dropped instead.
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

48devildog Posted at 2017-1-9 17:46
Bought my P3A in December 2016..thanks DJI for giving me a heads up before spending $1100 plus on the drone and accessories.  If I would have known that I was buying something that would no longer be produced a month later then I would have bought the Mavic or P4. I feel like I truly wasted my money on something that potentially can't be fixed a year from now.

Hey DJI give me a full trade in credit on my P3A and the accessories and I will apply it to the Mavic or P4. That would take away the feeling that I got swindled on an out of date drone.  Fooled me once...never again.

THATS WHAT I TOLD THE PERSON ON DJI CHAT. GIVE ME THE OVER $1000 I PUT IN TO IT JUST THIS PAST DEC. AND I'LL GOT GET THE 4..  IT GOT KIND OF HEATED..  I TOLD HER TO GET SOMEONE IN CHARGE TO CONTACT ME . THEY SAID SOMEONE WILL CONTACT ME WITHIN 24 HOURS?? I WANT TO KNOW WHY THEY DIDNT LET THE PEOPLE LIKE ME ,WHO PURCHSED THIS XMAS, KNOW THAT THEY WERE GOING TO STOP MAKING IT? AND ATLEAST GIVE US THE OPTION TO PURCHASE A DIFFERENT DRONE OR GO AHEAD AND GET THE ADVANCED IF THEY WANTED. ATLEAST WE WOULD HAVE KNOWN UP FRONT THAT THEY HAVE STOPPED
2017-1-9
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-9 18:36
Those two are far less sophisticated, perform poorly, yet are still retained because they are cheap bait to get people into DJI aircraft. The two better aircraft, the Advanced and Pro are being dropped instead.

Understood, was just curious what you meant.
Funny I was about to buy a used P3 Pro yesterday and backed out when I heard the news.
I was happy with my P3 4k except that I wanted to add the FPV functionality and found out you cannot add it to the 4k
My 4k has over 300 kms on it and it's been awesome, I know there's always going to be something better no matter what you buy.
Probably continue to enjoy my 4k and see what the spring brings in the form of specials.
Probably some stores will be liquidating P3's, that would be another possibility, cause I would buy one at the right price. There's no way that I think they will completely stop supporting the P3 just because they stop selling a few models.
2017-1-9
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

probably to make room for the Phantom 5, the rate at which DJI create these things it will probably come out in Feb 2017
2017-1-9
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

C_LUU Posted at 2017-1-9 18:44
probably to make room for the Phantom 5, the rate at which DJI create these things it will probably come out in Feb 2017

LOL definitely a possibility
2017-1-9
Use props
48devildog
lvl.1

United States

You are right that you can't buy a new 69 mustang and it is also hard and expensive to find oem parts so you will take it easy on driving it....2016/2017 Mustang.. I will run it hard for what it is built for knowing I can get parts easily for it. Just sayin. I am new to drones and wanted something that would be around several years...if DJI would have been responsible to their current and future customers, they would have put out a notice that they will be ceasing production on them. I then would have made a decision based on the knowledge that they will be stopping production in January 2017.  I then personally would have looked at the P4 or Mavic. I am sure they will honor my warranty and have a plethora of spare parts...I hope... but look at the way the cease production wasn't officially announced until now. I wasn't expecting to have a drone with $1100 invested in it that is no longer manufactured less than 30 days after I bought it....I should have been made aware of that information.  When it comes time (unfortunately it looks like it will be sooner than later) to replace the P3A, I will be looking at other options.
2017-1-9
Use props
48devildog
lvl.1

United States

There is always a press release from the auto maker that they are changing or stopping production way before it stops. So yes it is a big deal to me.  
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2017-1-9 18:33
No longer being produced does not equal no longer being supported and being able to buy parts. The battery is the same for the P3 series and they're still selling the standard.

You are probably right? But I still think they should of posted or put it out there somewhere as soon as they knew . Could have changed some minds? But no use in worrying about I guess? I love my P3A .I just hope if I do have a problem? That they dont tell me sorry, we don't produce that drone any longer and no longer support it or carry parts for it?  
2017-1-9
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Come on guys your Phantom 3's are just as good today as they were 3 weeks ago. Progress happens and things move on.
They (DJI) will still have to maintain enough spares to honour their warranty commitments for 12 months so there is no problems there.
On the plus side you might pick up a bargain shortly as dealers run out stock.
2017-1-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Calm down.
Your Phantom is OK and will work for a long time to come.
You can still buy parts for the P2 series.
I'm sure you'll be able to get any parts you might need for a 3 well into the future.
All the parts that have been made already don't evaporate when they stop making the P3 series.
2017-1-9
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I bought the P3A last February the moment they went on sale for 799.99..... It was obvious even then that the line was on the way out the door (hence the sale price).....
Honestly  I am just happy that  I have one for the price I paid.  
You will be able to keep these things in the sky for years to come....Folks are still running original phantoms and they are no less effective for purpose then they day they were purchased.
I would recommend to Just relax and enjoy the bird.....You will be able to find parts for that bird for the next decade at least.
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-9 18:53
I don't get why anyone would think this is an issue.  When you buy a car it's out of date and no longer made the following year (mostly), when you buy an iPad they are out of date shortly thereafter, it's the same with virtually every product we buy.

Big difference here between not made and no supported.

When they stop building a auto, they have to keep supplying parts for 10 years!! And I don't see Ipads flying 300ft up in the air with moving parts to wear out? But on a good note. I do have insurance on it
2017-1-9
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-9 19:12
Calm down.
Your Phantom is OK and will work for a long time to come.
You can still buy parts for the P2 series.

Agree with you and I might be able to get a P3 pro from a store like Bestbuy at a really good price. I wouldn't blink at the right price. Was going to buy a used P3 pro on the weekend but decided to wait and see what happens once the dust settles
2017-1-9
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Instead of worrying about it get out there and fly it.
The Phantom 3 series are going to be in the air for a while yet. DJI has to supply parts for warranty for a minimum of 12 months . Parts will be around a whole lot longer than that.
Relax, enjoy your Phantom 3 and stop shouting "the shy is falling!"
2017-1-9
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I don't think you will have a problem. For example they stopped producing the Phantom 1 quite a while ago but you can still find parts and upgrades for it.
2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

All DJI needed to do was say on their website it is being discontinued but parts and software will be available for the foreseeable future and all this concerns will go away. Why oh Why don't they have a good messaging system. All they ever seem to say is very little or "send it in for repair"
2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

All DJI needed to do was say on their website it is being discontinued but parts and software will be available for the foreseeable future and all this concerns will go away. Why oh Why don't they have a good messaging system. All they ever seem to say is very little or "send it in for repair"
2017-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Bay Cruiser Posted at 2017-1-9 20:38

Understand they are Chinese and have a different culture to other parts of the world.
2017-1-9
Use props
Bay Cruiser
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-9 21:04
Understand they are Chinese and have a different culture to other parts of the world.

Yep been to China a lot and know exactly what you mean. Just a pity the communication in not better when possibly their mass market in outside China.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TSAT Posted at 2017-1-9 19:01
You are probably right? But I still think they should of posted or put it out there somewhere as soon as they knew . Could have changed some minds? But no use in worrying about I guess? I love my P3A .I just hope if I do have a problem? That they dont tell me sorry, we don't produce that drone any longer and no longer support it or carry parts for it?

Thanks for your supporting and hope you enjoy it!
We really understand your feelings, please do not worry about it, if any problems happen to aircraft, just feel free to contact us, we'd like to help you handle it.
2017-1-10
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

IMHO, cold move on DJI's part to wait until just after Xmas, leaving all the folks that got them as gifts to get that sinking feeling. Hopefully since most folks are probably in a Xmas return period I hope DJI gets a load of them back as returns.   Common logic says announce it before, let retailers discount as a result, and buyers go into it knowing.

Sorry, my respect for DJI just dropped a notch.
2017-1-10
Use props
SimonH78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

We could look on the bright side - maybe the lipo prices will fall for the P3.... a bit
2017-1-10
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-10 03:41
Thanks for your supporting and hope you enjoy it!
We really understand your feelings, please do not worry about it, if any problems happen to aircraft, just feel free to contact us, we'd like to help you handle it.

Natalia,

There's a little more "negative" discussion going on in Phantom Pilots on the new overlay about production stopping when going to the P3 Product page.

It does bring up some questions that I think if DJI could answer would help.. Those questions would be around part availability, support (including firmware and app support - is this the last firmware we'll see on the P3 Adv/Pro?), etc..  We all understand there is a life cycle to products, but it's the ongoing support part that creates the most concern.  Perhaps a statement from DJI around this would have also been appropriate in addition to the "sales ad" for the P4 on the P3 page?
2017-1-10
Use props
smokincigar
lvl.3
Canada

End of production and end of support are usually completely different. Parts & service really should be available for 2 more years....we would hope!!
2017-1-10
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

By law, once a company stops production of a product, they must still provide parts for 3-5 years.
2017-1-10
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2017-1-10 12:31
By law, once a company stops production of a product, they must still provide parts for 3-5 years.

The only thing I'm aware of in the US that that that applies to as a law is automobiles for 7 years. I've had more than a few things like appliances and such that very quickly went out of available parts.
2017-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I hope the price of these bad asss chargers will drop down significantly too. ;-)
http://www.smartpowercharge.com/products.php?cat=8 image.jpeg
That would be a dream come true for my four intelligent flight packs.... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Rigworker, It would seem the Advanced and Professional models have been downgraded.... ;-)

I wonder if that will also mean No more firmware updates?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules