5776 59 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2017-1-10 12:31
By law, once a company stops production of a product, they must still provide parts for 3-5 years.

The only thing I'm aware of in the US that that that applies to as a law is automobiles for 7 years. I've had more than a few things like appliances and such that very quickly went out of available parts.
2017-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I hope the price of these bad asss chargers will drop down significantly too. ;-)
http://www.smartpowercharge.com/products.php?cat=8 image.jpeg
That would be a dream come true for my four intelligent flight packs.... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rigworker Posted at 2017-1-9 18:07
They still making the professional? Much is the same except for the camera

Rigworker, It would seem the Advanced and Professional models have been downgraded.... ;-)

I wonder if that will also mean No more firmware updates?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-10
Use props
T3rdEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Just curious..With the P3P no longer in production.

Will there still be firmware upgrades in the future?

2017-1-11
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

T3rdEye Posted at 2017-1-11 06:06
Just curious..With the P3P no longer in production.

Will there still be firmware upgrades in the future?

I think the firmware is part of the reason DJI stopped production sooner than planned, with new P3P/A sales out of the way they will help the remainder of the P3P/A's that are still under warranty. Those not covered may have to pay for repairs. Keep in mind the firmware worked for many of us without a hiccup .       We hear a lot about slow shipping of  new models like Mavic Pro, getting Phantom 3 issues out of the way will give them more time to focus on the future.   I heard there is a new firmware release for P3S so who know.          Just me thinking in the Outhouse!                                          
2017-1-11
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-10 12:52
Rigworker, It would seem the Advanced and Professional models have been downgraded.... ;-)

I wonder if that will also mean No more firmware updates?

Hmmm. That could be a good thing perhaps.
2017-1-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rigworker Posted at 2017-1-11 15:46
Hmmm. That could be a good thing perhaps.

You must not be as adventurous as I am. I love the mysterious and unknowing content each time...  ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-11
Use props
Manny-pr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2017-1-9 19:15
I bought the P3A last February the moment they went on sale for 799.99..... It was obvious even then that the line was on the way out the door (hence the sale price).....
Honestly  I am just happy that  I have one for the price I paid.  
You will be able to keep these things in the sky for years to come....Folks are still running original phantoms and they are no less effective for purpose then they day they were purchased.

Just relax. My P3A has over 300 flights and 1 and half year of use. Today still flying like a rock.
2017-1-12
Use props
Silverstone
lvl.1

Canada

This is a Chinese company. Why would they change their behavior to serve their customers now? They only like to get rid of all old items to clean their warehouse for the new gadgets like all other companies. Why is FORD not posting in big letters that Canadian customers can't install any APPS on the radio units like US customers can do?  But we pay much more for it than US customers. Same thing but much more expensive than a P3A!
2017-1-12
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

If DJI ever decided to completely stop supporting the product or producing parts, there would be a slew of after-market parts that would become available.  There already are, but if DJI stopped making OEM, that would open the flood gates for the after-market to produce and sell the parts to capture that $$$.  Either way, this keeps my bird in the air for years to come.
2017-1-12
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-10 12:42
I hope the price of these bad asss chargers will drop down significantly too. ;-)
http://www.smartpowercharge.com/products.php?cat=8[view_image]
That would be a dream come true for my four intelligent flight packs.... Ha

It came down for the Phantom Vision and Vision+ Charging Station, from $399. to $119.  I'll be watching for that to happen.  
2017-1-12
Use props
Chadrob30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220459 ft
United States

That is the law of obsolescence.
2017-1-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, as the old are overtaken by the latest and greatest...

Buy it then, but the Phantom 6 will already be making its debut. Haha
I guess a guy could buy another Phantom 3 Pro' when the prices drop again, and save it for the future too. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-1-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Stinky711 Posted at 2017-1-12 12:07
It came down for the Phantom Vision and Vision+ Charging Station, from $399. to $119.  I'll be watching for that to happen.

For $119 USD I would be all over one of those P3P Smart Power Charge units. ;-)

I wonder how long "our" wait will, be? Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-1-12
Use props
fansa388fc8e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160614 ft
Canada

Funny. I assumed that as soon as the P4 came out the production of P3's was already over.
2017-1-14
Use props
DroneFotos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 397054 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I don't know why people think a 2+ year old product would retain support...

The long and short of it, is they have to honour warranty, and you are normally better to buy from places such as apple, amazon or big retailers, as if they cant get the parts to repair they have to refund...!!!
2017-1-15
Use props
fanse7d0eb29
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-9 18:36
Those two are far less sophisticated, perform poorly, yet are still retained because they are cheap bait to get people into DJI aircraft. The two better aircraft, the Advanced and Pro are being dropped instead.

And how does the standard perform poorly?. I'm getting well over 10,000 feet in range and still have everything you basically have. Just have a windsurfer. No need to upgrade, basically is what I'm saying
2017-1-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fanse7d0eb29 Posted at 2017-1-15 14:52
And how does the standard perform poorly?. I'm getting well over 10,000 feet in range and still have everything you basically have. Just have a windsurfer. No need to upgrade, basically is what I'm saying

Well, you don't have 4K to begin with, and you don't have Lightbridge technology and you have a WiFi connection to your phone/tablet whereas I have a more reliable cable connection, and you have a slow charger compared to me...
2017-1-15
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

DroneFotos Posted at 2017-1-15 12:00
I don't know why people think a 2+ year old product would retain support...

The long and short of it, is they have to honour warranty, and you are normally better to buy from places such as apple, amazon or big retailers, as if they cant get the parts to repair they have to refund...!!!

That's just not the case at all, example is Apple only covers Apple branded products!  no retailer is going to give you a refund two years down the road.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Guys, just because a product is no longer being produced doesn't mean parts won't be available for it.
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules