Is the DJI shoulder bag enough?
4998 24 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Psy
lvl.1

South Korea

About to recieve the Mavic Pro bundle this week and will need to be traveling soon right after so don't really have much time to do some testing myself - those with the DJI shoulder bag, is it enough protection to be bringing around and traveling in? I'm talking about this one. It looks pretty nice and lightweight, but I don't know if it offers enough protection to be bring around traveling internationally. There are some good alternatives such as this, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the mavic being so small and lightweight. Thoughts?
2017-1-9
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

i will never leave my mavic with the airlane, i will always take it as my carry on.
2017-1-9
Use props
Psy
lvl.1

South Korea

Alansin Posted at 2017-1-9 18:22
i will never leave my mavic with the airlane, i will always take it as my carry on.

Not thinking about leaving it with airline (can't since of the batteries anyways)
2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You can use the bag that came with the MAVIC pro and bring in with your carry on otherwise you need to put in a HARSHELL CASE with your checked in luggage. Also make sure the battery sealed with a tape and put individually in a platice bag.
2017-1-9
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

I travlled with the shoulder bag on carry on. I didnt even tape the batteries as I dont see what metalic object could touch the connectors.
2017-1-9
Use props
Ackdoh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6014 ft
United States

I go the Fly More package and it comes with a bunch more accessories and two batteries.  The shoulder bag from DJI fits two extra batteries on the side pouches, the drone, and the remote control nicely.  But it can't fit the charger, and the other extra accessories unfortunately as it's too small So the DJI bag is great for the essentials to fly locally, it doesn't fit everything you would need together in one bag sadly.
2017-1-11
Use props
Bublar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339859 ft
United States

Ackdoh Posted at 2017-1-11 18:23
I go the Fly More package and it comes with a bunch more accessories and two batteries.  The shoulder bag from DJI fits two extra batteries on the side pouches, the drone, and the remote control nicely.  But it can't fit the charger, and the other extra accessories unfortunately as it's too small  So the DJI bag is great for the essentials to fly locally, it doesn't fit everything you would need together in one bag sadly.

I am able to fit everything that came in my fly more combo into the standard DJI bag.  Here's a breakdown: the drone fits in the main left-side compartment (camera down),  two batteries fit in the main right-side compartment by placing them side-by-side at the bottom and then I put the controller on top of them at an angle so the remote knobs aren't squished.  The front zippered compartment holds the regular charger block and cable AND the battery charging hub, spare props fit on the left side compartment (place that looks like you could store a water bottle) and then the car charger and RC charger cable fit in the other right-side water compartment.  Then I have 5x SD cards in the flat zippered compartment (the flag with the velcro), and lastly the inside zippered small pocket above the main compartment holds the battery to power bank adapter and other cell phone dongles for the RC.  All in total the regular DJI pack holds everything pretty easily.
2017-1-11
Use props
PilotC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321214 ft
Australia

Bublar Posted at 2017-1-11 18:45
I am able to fit everything that came in my fly more combo into the standard DJI bag.  Here's a breakdown: the drone fits in the main left-side compartment (camera down),  two batteries fit in the main right-side compartment by placing them side-by-side at the bottom and then I put the controller on top of them at an angle so the remote knobs aren't squished.  The front zippered compartment holds the regular charger block and cable AND the battery charging hub, spare props fit on the left side compartment (place that looks like you could store a water bottle) and then the car charger and RC charger cable fit in the other right-side water compartment.  Then I have 5x SD cards in the flat zippered compartment (the flag with the velcro), and lastly the inside zippered small pocket above the main compartment holds the battery to power bank adapter and other cell phone dongles for the RC.  All in total the regular DJI pack holds everything pretty easily.

I pack mine in a similar way but was concerned about placing the mavic facedown (camera down) due to impacts when placing the bag down. I did notice that in the DJI pics the mavic is always facing camera up.
2017-1-12
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

When the Magic goes into the bag face-up, its feet behave badly when you pull out the Magic again. I always put mine face-down with the upside facing the middle of the bag. Into the other compartment you can put two batteries and the RC. The two poaches at the left and right of the bag each hold a charger.

You should not check in your Mavic. Batteries are often not allowed here. I had mine as carry on luggage lately and it was no problem.
2017-1-12
Use props
Stupidnewbie
lvl.2
United States

I love my Roocase!  It fits the drone and controller in the lower compartment and my logbook, 3 batteries, and car charger in the upper compartment.  I keep extra props in the front zipper pouch and memory cards in the small pouch on the strap.  It is comfortable, compact, and has a built-in waterproof cover.  Not bad for $30.

Roocase sling bag
2017-1-13
Use props
Psy
lvl.1

Japan

To update everyone, I did end up buying a new backpack for the mavic. Since the charging hub can charge up to 4 batteries at once, I ended up buying another battery as well and trying to fit everything into the flymore bag just seemed like a chore and not really something you should be doing to a 1k device. The backpack is big sure but at least I can feel safe bring it around and not having so much pressure on the craft at all times

I bought the hardshell case:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm ... &_u=dro81924575
2017-1-13
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DJI soft bag is great if you just want to carry the Mavic, tx and a battery or two and a few bits and pieces like spare memory cards, prop etc.  If you need to carry more batteries, or a charger and the charging hub, then it is a bit on the small side.  I'm using it for carrying about with me on a day to day basis, just in case I get the chance for a fly.  For specific jobs though, It goes in a hard case (think pelicase with a foam insert, but a cheap chinese copy and foam hacked from an old cushion!) along with 5 batteries and the charger.

If I was travelling light, it wold be the soft bag inside my rucksack.  If I'm travelling and need the extra batteries and charging stuff, its the hardcase.  Storage wise, it is normally in the hardcase, just in case.
Andy
2017-1-13
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

Bublar Posted at 2017-1-11 18:45

can you show us a picture of your set up in the bag?
Thx
2017-1-14
Use props
Bublar
lvl.2
United States

icerecou Posted at 2017-1-14 06:29
can you show us a picture of your set up in the bag?
Thx

Sure.  I took some photos next to a pair of limes for scale.  Here's the rundown:

Looking birdseye the drone goes facedown in the left side, right side compartment two batteries on bottom and RC on top.  The top pocket holds extra iPhone charger, paperwork and battery to power bank adapter.  The right side mesh pocket holds the car charger, two spare props and the PolarPro cinema series ND filters.  The left pocket I have 3 boxed pairs of props and one spare set in the cloth bag that came with the mavic.  The front zippered pocket holds the regular charger and all cables and also the battery charging hub.  The front flap pocket holds all of my memory cards.  I've never attached photos before so let's hope I do this correctly, here goes:

IMG_0096.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0102.JPG
IMG_0103.JPG
IMG_0104.JPG
IMG_0105.JPG
IMG_0106.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
2017-1-15
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

Bublar Posted at 2017-1-15 07:06
Sure.  I took some photos next to a pair of limes for scale.  Here's the rundown:

Looking birdseye the drone goes facedown in the left side, right side compartment two batteries on bottom and RC on top.  The top pocket holds extra iPhone charger, paperwork and battery to power bank adapter.  The right side mesh pocket holds the car charger, two spare props and the PolarPro cinema series ND filters.  The left pocket I have 3 boxed pairs of props and one spare set in the cloth bag that came with the mavic.  The front zippered pocket holds the regular charger and all cables and also the battery charging hub.  The front flap pocket holds all of my memory cards.  I've never attached photos before so let's hope I do this correctly, here goes:

ouawww.. thank you
right it is tight but everything goes inside. are you not scraping the two batteries face to face?
2017-1-15
Use props
Bublar
lvl.2
United States

icerecou Posted at 2017-1-15 07:29
ouawww.. thank you
right it is tight but everything goes inside. are you not scraping the two batteries face to face?

No scraping.  It's tight, but not super tight. I could go without the spare props, but if i'm traveling I figure better to have more and not need them then less and be out of luck.
2017-1-15
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Bublar Posted at 2017-1-15 08:22
No scraping.  It's tight, but not super tight. I could go without the spare props, but if i'm traveling I figure better to have more and not need them then less and be out of luck.

I am using DJI's bag. And usually there is no need to stuff everything inside the bag.

When travelling, I put the charger into my check-in luggage.

When on the road, I leave the car charger in the car.

So, I usually end up with the Mavic, two extra batteries, spare props, the remote control and an extra SD card in the bag. And you can get that in easily.
2017-1-15
Use props
Alansin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634636 ft
Mexico

Buy a lowpro profesional DSLR Weather Proof BackPack, Most of you will be carring a dslr, go pro, Mirrorless or what ever anyway. Those bags, have customisable interior padding so you can re arranged them at will.  i carry  the mavic, and D750, Go Pro, Gorrilla Pod, External MIc, 50.mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8 and a flash.
2017-1-20
Use props
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240702 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys
Didnt get a chance to order the Mavic shoulder bag, but i kept on reading reviews that it was too tight for everything to fit. I actually bought this on Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/Portable- ... words=mavic+pro+bag but what a surprise..the Mavic and RC didnt even fit. Let alone the charger and battery.

I ended up using this old carrying case for a Magic Sing Karaoke (Im asian yes) and boy did it fit perfectly! Tried to upload photo but i dont have a URL or link, sorry

2017-1-20
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

this is the  hard case I bought for like 35.00 delivered,   holds everything, 3 batteries, props  plus my ipad mini4  and keyboard,  charger,  plus the 80mm landing pad,
mavic  hood shield,  and   extra aftermarket gamble hood,    weigh will all that is  under 6 lbs  has handle and back pack straps,
2017-1-20
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

i purchased this one. Works well for me!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22234055 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2017-1-21
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

as far as protection for the battery terminals..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mavi ... :g:vVQAAOSwZQRYWDHK
2017-1-21
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-1-21 11:22
as far as protection for the battery terminals..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Mavic-Pro-Battery-Terminal-Cover-x-3-/262769695733?hash=item3d2e4b5bf5:g:vVQAAOSwZQRYWDHK

use this for batteries and ok to with airline. https://www.amazon.ca/TELESIN-Re ... fety%2Bbag&th=1
2017-1-21
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Whilst I have the fly more combo on order and therefore the bag, I will usually be carrying it with some camera gear and therefore will be using one of the many camera bags that I have.  They are designed to protect so I would suggest looking for a camera bag that suits your preferred style of carrying. Sadly, whilst the bag looks ok, it probably could have been a touch more thought through and seems the bit of the combo that was added to bulk it up.  But I have to admit that's a view based on looking at the pictures rather than first hand use so I could be wrong.
2017-1-21
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Stupidnewbie Posted at 2017-1-13 00:07
I love my Roocase!  It fits the drone and controller in the lower compartment and my logbook, 3 batteries, and car charger in the upper compartment.  I keep extra props in the front zipper pouch and memory cards in the small pouch on the strap.  It is comfortable, compact, and has a built-in waterproof cover.  Not bad for $30.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71Ob8lFy-2L._SL1500_.jpg[/img]
Roocase sling bag

I love the Mavic bag; didn't want it but it came with the flymore.  Was glad it  did.  HOWEVER  I see some big advantages with this Roo bag.  Would love to see it in a video used with the Mavic.  Is there a link/video?  I might just get this Roo bag. 1). straps over shoulder better than Mavic bag; also can use well with a DSLR. b) the built in rain cover is great c) dosn't advertise "look thieves- I've got a drone in this bag!"   FYI if you have the Mavic bag- use a black sharpie pen to ink out the "DJI" logo, looks perfect.   d) price
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules