The Tower and the Tram on the Peak in Hong Kong
1604 23 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albatross911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1708084 ft
Hong Kong

I have been enjoying the Mavic a lot and this latest cut is the one I'm most satistifed with. I was flying around and atop the Peak Tower which is one of the most iconic tourist spot in Hong Kong. It was also great fun and scary chasing the Trams over tree tops. Hope you like it!

2017-1-9
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Very enjoyable video....
2017-1-9
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-1-9 22:08
Very enjoyable video....

Thanks! So glad that I have made the purchase for the Mavic. I lost my Phantom 2 a year ago after it plunged into the ocean. Been waiting for a revolution in drone design and the Mavic certainly has met the expectation. The portability makes it a great companion to just go out and fly!!!
2017-1-10
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I like at 2:53 when you catch the reflection of the city in the glass of the tram tower. Your video also highlights the beauty of the tram tower, corresponding buildings and grounds very well.
Artistic constructive criticism: at 0:55 we get this stunning plush valley which leads to a body of water and buildings and ships in the distance. If there was more of a transition where there was a pan from what we were looking at in the beginning to that view, it would give the audience some bearing of what or where they are looking. For example, film the buildings and then pan over to that direction, so your audience can see and deduct that this is the view from a different angle. When you cut to the valley, my mind started wondering is this a different area, wait where is this? Art triggers emotions, and here I am on this majestic aerial ride with majestic music feeling good and then boom, confusion.

Please don't take my feedback personally.

-4A  
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Good job. Looking forward to see more videos from you.  
2017-1-10
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Excellent video, Byron!

Great you caught those moments here in HK when it's rare to have a nice clear sky in winter without pollution blown from the Mainland.

And it is interesting to watch the peak tram passing through the Barker Road Peak Tram Station, as well as to watch the two peak trams passing each other under the tree crowns.

When will you post Part 2?

Thanks for sharing, and happy flying!

Henry
2017-1-10
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Nice footage in a relatively confined space on that side of the peak.
2017-1-10
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Nice video. But you can't do that, you'll get us all banned
2017-1-10
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-1-10 03:33
I like at 2:53 when you catch the reflection of the city in the glass of the tram tower. Your video also highlights the beauty of the tram tower, corresponding buildings and grounds very well.
Artistic constructive criticism: at 0:55 we get this stunning plush valley which leads to a body of water and buildings and ships in the distance. If there was more of a transition where there was a pan from what we were looking at in the beginning to that view, it would give the audience some bearing of what or where they are looking. For example, film the buildings and then pan over to that direction, so your audience can see and deduct that this is the view from a different angle. When you cut to the valley, my mind started wondering is this a different area, wait where is this? Art triggers emotions, and here I am on this majestic aerial ride with majestic music feeling good and then boom, confusion.

hi 4A, no I won't take your advice personally and greatly appreciate your feedback! Indeed upon re-viewing the video that particular clip is being inconsistent with the connecting clips. I'll see if I can change that part out and replace with another to improve it, and make sure I pay attention to that in future editing.

Again thanks!
2017-1-10
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-1-10 06:46
Excellent video, Byron!

Great you caught those moments here in HK when it's rare to have a nice clear sky in winter without pollution blown from the Mainland.

Thanks Henry! Yes it has been very nice weather since after Christmas and I have been flying as much as possible. As you know there are not many suitable places with interesting subjects to film in HK. I'm not as diligent as you are in naming the places and landmarks, hopefully will improve on that and add some descriptions to introduce the locations.
2017-1-10
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2017-1-10 06:46
Excellent video, Byron!

and as for part 2, hopefully can find time to finish this weekend. easier to get the time to fly but more difficult to do the editing...
2017-1-10
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-1-10 09:12
Nice video. But you can't do that, you'll get us all banned

hi Matt-and-Riley, thanks! I hope I won't be the bad apple and get on the news for the wrong reason too! I've been very careful to choose where to fly. Usually I scout out on a new location to find take off/landing spot that is away from crowds and I do fly cautiously. But in Hong Kong which is crowded and with little open space, if I am too conservative there will be no flying at all...some risks are always involved with this hobby.
2017-1-10
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-1-10 03:33

hi 4A, I have switched out the clip with a new one. See if you like it better

2017-1-12
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

really nice footage.
Love the music
2017-1-12
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Albatross911 Posted at 2017-1-12 02:12
hi 4A, I have switched out the clip with a new one. See if you like it better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roD1xpgrgaQ

Stunning. I like how you timed some of your video cuts with the bass beats in the beginning and later with the piano and just in general synchronized it with the music. Gorgeous work, I don't think you could improve it much further.

bravo,
-4A
2017-1-14
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-1-14 03:41
Stunning. I like how you timed some of your video cuts with the bass beats in the beginning and later with the piano and just in general synchronized it with the music. Gorgeous work, I don't think you could improve it much further.

bravo,

Thanks! Getting the beat to match the clip transition is time consuming... Also I found that after uploading to YouTube, the audio/video sync is off by a few bits.

Anyway I'm uploading the second part of that day's flight now.
2017-1-15
Use props
Mr. Hayato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

It is really danger and illegal fly so close to Trams.
2017-1-15
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Beautiful! Please don't pay attention ( you probably don't anyway) to the nagging about "boohoo, you ll get us banned, your' re soooo dangerous.." ! Some people have really become slaves of society and making themselves believe they live free. At the same time they are absolute abominations in traffic and in other things they do in life inflicting more damage without giving any thought about it. Only engaging braincells to criticise others because it makes them feel good and decent.
Just wait and see until this caliber drone is acually on the shelves of major consumer electronic stores and a majority of this breed, but new to the hobby, gets em.  

You just show what great piloting and editing can do, slightly ouside the envelope of bureaucratic thinking, this is art. This is freedom. Carry on!
2017-1-15
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-15 13:27
Beautiful! Please don't pay attention ( you probably don't anyway) to the nagging about "boohoo, you ll get us banned, your' re soooo dangerous.." ! Some people have really become slaves of society and making themselves believe they live free. At the same time they are absolute abominations in traffic and in other things they do in life inflicting more damage without giving any thought about it. Only engaging braincells to criticise others because it makes them feel good and decent.
Just wait and see until this caliber drone is acually on the shelves of major consumer electronic stores and a majority of this breed, but new to the hobby, gets em.  

Thanks for the encouragement Maclak! We can never satisfy all the naysayers. There's only "no fly zones" as defined by authority or DJI, when it's outside of those areas its always grey and everyone will have their own interpretations. I take my precautions on deciding where it's good to fly and believe in my judgement. There will always be others who disagree.

The Mavic is so easy to carry around and fly when it fits I think that's most revolutionary instead of any technical gimmick. It's a great tool to give us totally new perspectives on what we have taken for granted and liberating us to find the shot to share and behold.

There will come a time when the sky is becoming full of these little drones and we do need to prepare for guidelines/laws to follow so safety is first and foremost factor. It's up to us to promote the hobby and keep it from being abused.
2017-1-15
Use props
effPOLITICS
lvl.1

United States

Very nice video. What program did you use to make and edit the video?
2017-1-15
Use props
Albatross911
lvl.2
Hong Kong

effPOLITICS Posted at 2017-1-15 23:13
Very nice video. What program did you use to make and edit the video?

Thanks effPOLITICS! I use Final Cut Pro but only just learning the basics, no fancy editing or using LUTS yet.
2017-1-16
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I know I'm a year late but do you fancy meeting there tomorrow morning /early afternoon and taking me to fly myavic too?
Regards
Steve
2018-2-20
Use props
W.Cordes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 138793 ft
United States

How did you get all those people to come see you fly? Saw a few taking pictures of your Mavic.
2018-2-20
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Great Footage Thanks
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules