Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Advance Crash - Firmware 1.10.90
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPVCRASHER
New

United States

I posted this as a reply but I figure I post it as its own post with hopes it gets look into.  I did liked my drone while it lasted.

I'm starting to see a trend, I was being  responsible by updating my firmware on Dec 28 so I can do an aerial  video the next day.  The update had been out for a month already so I figure it would be have been stable by then.

About 6:45 min into the flight I received the motor overload warning so I  stoped in a hover.  After everything appearing normal I continued my  flight.  

Before the warning I was flying forward at about 50% forward stick and  climbing at 100% throttle into the wind.  Nothing abnormal for the  flight profile.

After the hover I made a right lateral flight at 100% right stick into  the wind and at 7:15 min into the flight, without any further warning,  the quad spiraled counterclockwise out of control and into the bottom  lake where it will forever rest in peace.

After seeing multiple thread regarding this subject in relation to the Phantom and the Inspire I'm hesitant on buying another one or recommending any DJI sUAS  products the moment since it looks like people recently started noticing  the warning and having issues.  I understand that update 1.10.90 is supposed to improve motor performance to prevent overheating and motor stall.

After reviewing the video and the flight recording, other than the motor  overload, I don't see a reason why this would have happened.  I suspect  that the quad or maybe a combination of it and the update didn't like the contol stick at 100%  on any direction but never seen a warning to not fly the quad in this  manner.  Quite honestly I see a lot of people flying at full speed with no issues.

A bit of background, the quad was well cared for, babied and I'm a  fairly experienced pilot.  This Phantom totaled less than 3.5 flying  hours and I have over a decade of flying experience.  The weather was  clear, although a bit breezy with peak winds around 15 knots; well below  max wind limits.  At the moment of the crash the battery power was  sittting at 61%.

I hope that if you are reading this to find the feedback helpful.
2017-1-9
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

You probably got some dirt or sand in the motor. That or maybe a bird or large bug struck a prop and overloaded the motor. It has happened before.
2017-1-9
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Down load the flight log and have it analyzed.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Did you notice the same error for other flights?
If it only appears once, that seems to be a false alarm, please keep an eye on the screen during the flight and check again.
Also you can sync the flight records via APP, then send an e-mail to support.us@dji.com with your APP account (e-mail address) and the exact time when it happened, we'll help you analyze it.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules