Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Welcome all Australian DJI flyers away from FB...
123Next >
7328 84 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

this might give us a chance to have some good conversations in this arena.
I always find facebook gets 'washed out' too quickly, and if you 'hit the nerve' it all goes slow, and interesting posts get buried...
maybe this is different here? let's hope, Australian DJI flyers ;-) !

2017-1-9
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69 ft
Australia

Here's to hoping
2017-1-11
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Beauty, a thread for Aussie flyers who have never had FB and never intend to. :-)

Mavic flyer here and 1st time droner. 1st time using a RC actually which is quite sad for a semi centenarian.

Just got booted from those  f a g g o t  mods at WP so this is good timing lol
2017-1-11
Use props
seato
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583556 ft
Australia

Yea cool. Mavic flyer here too. Owned a P3A before that. Loving it. Living in the wild west - Perth.
2017-1-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi team. This is a great idea.
I'm in Canberra and own a P4 and a P4P. Currently beta testing the next P4 firmware (but that's all I should say - suffice to say, DJI will keep moving us forward).
Onwards and Upwards!

Edit: And there's nothing wong with FB if you have your security set right. For those who are kosher with it, the DJI Owners forum on FB has some absolutely amazing videos and photos posted regularly. Great for ideas as to what You can do. Well, hey, we have the most photogenic geography here, right?
2017-1-11
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

About time the "LAND DOWN UNDER " got its own Regional  page!!...Forgot to add..P3A owned for just on 12 months..RC v1.6...Phantom 1.9.60 and Go App v3 and Litchi on Nvidea Shield K1 and Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7" for my old eyes..(Im 56 yo ). No more updates for me ...my bird flies sweet with the lovely MAXXRANGE Antenna!...Time to get another beer out of the fridge....40c here today!!!
2017-1-11
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Hi from Melbourne.

If you are in the area, keep an eye on the skies this Australia Day for my P3A "waving the flag".

flagflyby.optimized.gif
2017-1-12
Use props
Euc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69 ft
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-11 21:34
Beauty, a thread for Aussie flyers who have never had FB and never intend to. :-)

Mavic flyer here and 1st time droner. 1st time using a RC actually which is quite sad for a semi centenarian.

I started with a chainsaw motor powered 12' wingspan Cessna thing and a  Nikon SLR. I flew it into a tree first day. For some reason that seems typically Australian. I was, and still am, gobsmacked by the phantom 4. Press play (using Litchi), go have a cup of coffee and its back where it started. You don't really 'fly' these which opens up a whole new experience. Sort of existential placement of your eyes in the sky (especially with a set of HD goggles).
2017-1-12
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If we are able to get enough participants then will be great forum.
2017-1-12
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

RC flier for over 20 years and relatively new to drones. Started with a Zeyrok to learn and now have a Mavic. I live on Bribie Island but do most of my flying at a turf farm so plenty of open space.
Hi to all the other Aussie fliers.
2017-1-12
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Hi from Sunny Perth.
I have two Inspire 1 V2's and my Inspire 2 with X5s just arrived today. Now all i have to do is wait for the rain to clear (LOL)
EDIT...... tried to fit the props, WRONG ONES SENT IN BOX from what ive read so far looks like DJI had a beta testing prop with a smaller locating hole that does not fit the new motors. So I feel stiched up by DJI.   All I have is $12,500 paper weight so no more smiley for now.............{:4_173:}
2017-1-12
Use props
Leadfoot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64413 ft
Australia

Hi from Wollongong!

Just got my Mavic Pro and I'm doing the whole firmware/charging routine now.

Can't wait to get out there
2017-1-13
Use props
Eors
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62467 ft
Australia

Hi From Perth

Just got A Phantom 4 Pro Plus and have done 4 flights....absolutely love it.  I used to fly RC helicopters so this takes a bit of getting used to...especially when you take your hands off the sticks and it stays in the same spot lol
2017-1-14
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

Hi from Hobart. Pro photographer, RC flyer for 35 years – no, I'm not old, just started young ;-)  

Had to learn flying mode 2 which took a bit of work for my 45-year-old brain, but decided to make the transition since it seems most drone flyers fly this way (and it made more sense having flown full-size heli's a bit)

First drone for me as all before it were too big for my use, which is remote area photography for a magazine.

The Mavic is mind-blowingly awesome!!!

Looking forward to some civil conversation here ;-)

If anyone in Hobart is waiting for their Mavic, or considering buying one, I'm happy to do a demo and share my thoughts.
2017-1-15
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Hello from Miles, 400kms west of Brisbane!  Looking forward to some civil conversation here too - I have never been and will never be on Facebook!

So, I'm an amateur photographer and videographer, S1000 pilot, CASA licensed 7-20kg UAV Controller.  Been flying for two years now, only for fun so far, not much call for aerial photography where I am :/   
I also have a Walkera X350Pro, grounded awaiting new motors.  

Currently upgrading to from A2 flight controller to A3Pro, hitting some big walls along the way (hey, it's DJI after all!)  Maybe someone has some suggestions...? http://forum.dji.com/thread-80564-1-1.html
I've also modified the S1000 top board to be more like the S1000+, soooo much easier to work with, without the $$$!

Fair farren,
Draco
2017-1-15
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2017-1-12 00:17
Hi from Melbourne.

If you are in the area, keep an eye on the skies this Australia Day for my P3A "waving the flag".

Good idea for Australia Day.

However, be careful as I believe CASSA  like the UK CAA don't allow anything to be suspended from Drones.  May be worth checking with them unless you are going to be filming in the outback bush
2017-1-15
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Has anybody in this group had a go at the DJI GS Pro yet? Be interested in how it performed and whether you need to be running the latest software updates (a perennial debating point I know)?
2017-1-15
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Another Hello from Perth.

I'm a retired "young" 73 year old amateur photographer, videographer, astronomer and caravanning "nomad".

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced used mainly for recreational videography during our caravan travels.

I look forward to some interesting discussions.

Cheers, John
2017-1-15
Use props
Draco95
lvl.1

Australia

Hey all,

Sorry sky wombat, I use a FlySight for GS so can't help you there.

Question: does anyone here run an A3 flight controller with a Futaba?  

Fair farren,
Draco
2017-1-15
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

GB44 Posted at 2017-1-15 11:52
Good idea for Australia Day.

However, be careful as I believe CASSA  like the UK CAA don't allow anything to be suspended from Drones.  May be worth checking with them unless you are going to be filming in the outback bush

I know you can't drop anything from a drone, never read anything about attaching and suspending an object.  I also attach and suspend prop guards, gimbal protectors, lens hoods, leg extenders etc.
2017-1-16
Use props
elamnai
lvl.1

Australia

59 yr old grey nomad learning to fly the phantom 4 and edit and create a travel record around OZ. Family and friends are realy enjoying the videos on FB...great way to let F&F know what your up to and share experiences.... just manage security and ignore the rubbish. Looking forward to sharing and learning. Cheers, Ian.........
2017-1-16
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Just started flying a P3S in Northern NSW.

Picked up the new toy on the bay and cancelled the drone I had on order. This one is a much better unit.

https://youtu.be/rGkpY6MvkBw

***Edit*** Changed the soundtracke and added titles
2017-1-16
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Cabansail, Im not real sure about copyright and time frames, but do you need permission to use that song/music on YT?
I thought copyright only allowed 4 seconds of exposure without permission.
Nice clip though.
2017-1-16
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-16 19:26
Hi Cabansail, Im not real sure about copyright and time frames, but do you need permission to use that song/music on YT?
I thought copyright only allowed 4 seconds of exposure without permission.
Nice clip though.

Not sure about the music. I just picked something rather than have silence. YT did not throw up any warnings etc. Maybe I should have picked something older.
2017-1-16
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-1-16 20:49
Not sure about the music. I just picked something rather than have silence. YT did not throw up any warnings etc. Maybe I should have picked something older.

" Maybe I should have picked something older. "

That is what the brief will say once litigation has started.

2017-1-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-16 21:06
" Maybe I should have picked something older. "

That is what the brief will say once litigation has started.

In many countries, a decision that copyright was breached will depend on the definition of 'fair use'. I'll need to research more as to how that's defined in Australia, but for those who are interested, typical attributes which will determine whether something is 'fair use' are:

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes  i.e. are you making money from it;
(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;
(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole - e.g. if it's the whole music track, someone could lift that off for, example; and
(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work i.e will it impact on the musician's royalties due to reduced sales.

[Edit] Looked this up. Australia copyright law does not align with the 'fair use' concept. It does recognise 'fair dealing', which on further reading offers diddly-squat and just provides a lawyer an opportunity to get money from you by arguing technicalities with the court. In short, don't risk it and use music from one of many of the public domain music sites.

2017-1-17
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Hi there I have trouble getting any further away than about 300 mtrs then the signal gets lost, I am flying in a clear area in the country and on relatively flat ground I am using my phone a Sony M4 Aqua do you have any ideas to get more range? Thanks
2017-1-17
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-11 22:43
Hi team. This is a great idea.
I'm in Canberra and own a P4 and a P4P. Currently beta testing the next P4 firmware (but that's all I should say - suffice to say, DJI will keep moving us forward).
Onwards and Upwards!

Does not matter about security settings all the crap in world keeps coming through Like "People you may know" try and stop that !That's why I gave it away!!
2017-1-17
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-1-17 20:11
Hi there I have trouble getting any further away than about 300 mtrs then the signal gets lost, I am flying in a clear area in the country and on relatively flat ground I am using my phone a Sony M4 Aqua do you have any ideas to get more range? Thanks

What are you flying?
2017-1-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-1-17 20:18
Does not matter about security settings all the crap in world keeps coming through Like "People you may know" try and stop that !That's why I gave it away!!

If you really don't want that, install a browser add-on called FB Purity. Otherwise you can turn off a range of notifications from features, apps and people within Facebook. My main concern is about preventing access to my personal details by people I don't know - the options there are quite strong now, even allowing me to differentiate between close friends, friends and acquaintances.

Anyway, it's personal preference...
2017-1-18
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

and choice.

FB is not appealing at all to some of us for various reasons.
Fake friends, endless interruptions and conversations eating the day away still havnt lured me into FB.

Porkhunt are you driving a mavic as well with your lost signal issue?

2017-1-18
Use props
TJAUS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16683 ft
Australia

Hi, Sydney here. Novice with a 3 month old P3S so that i can learn and fail before I lash out on a Mavic.
Enjoying it very much so far!
2017-1-19
Use props
fansddcc3cb0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111627 ft
Australia

Cool an Ozzie forum....I have a P$ and from Tassie. Looking forward to posting some great pics and vids.
2017-1-20
Use props
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

Hi from Narrabeen in Sydney. Just got my Mavic which is my first flying camera! Beautiful to fly and great scenery around here to use it on.
Unfortunately I think I have a camera hardware issue. No matter where I set the auto focus there is always one part of the image out of focus.
Basically directly opposite where I have focused.
Any one know who services them in Oz?

Ta

2017-1-20
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-1-17 20:11

You and me both mate....
Just bought my first drone, the P3S, and I'm struggling to get even 100 metres without either interference warnings or remote disconnecting etc. I'm pretty disappointed so far, but hoping to find out what's causing it. I'm pretty rural too...can't imagine how anyone could fly this near a city
2017-1-20
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer

Australia

Urbo100 Posted at 2017-1-20 19:41
Hi from Narrabeen in Sydney. Just got my Mavic which is my first flying camera! Beautiful to fly and great scenery around here to use it on.
Unfortunately I think I have a camera hardware issue. No matter where I set the auto focus there is always one part of the image out of focus.
Basically directly opposite where I have focused.

DJI TECHNOLOGY AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
12/125 Highbury Road
BURWOOD
VICTORIA  3125
2017-1-21
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Porkhunt Posted at 2017-1-17 20:18
Does not matter about security settings all the crap in world keeps coming through Like "eople you may know" try and stop that !That's why I gave it away!!

Yeah & you have to work out who most of them are anyway.
My personal favourite are the friend of a friend suggestions. I mean why the hell would I want to know that?Hey maybe I'm getting old & losing my sense of humour.{:4_142:}
2017-1-21
Use props
Urbo100
lvl.1
Australia

endotherm Posted at 2017-1-21 03:20
DJI TECHNOLOGY AUSTRALIA PTY LTD
12/125 Highbury Road
BURWOOD

Many Thanks!
2017-1-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 2017-1-21 04:59
Yeah & you have to work out who most of them are anyway.
My personal favourite are the friend of a friend suggestions. I mean why the hell would I want to know that?Hey maybe I'm getting old & losing my sense of humour.

Umm, there's a setting you can use to disallow that too...
Hey, I don't have shares in FB, but if it wasn't for it, I wouldn't always know what my daughter was up to. (hehe)
2017-1-22
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hey Punchbuggy, like the avatar, next step a skin perhaps?

2017-1-22
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules