Ronin MX Gimbal Problem
4570 31 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

When the Ronin is mounted on the M600 ot attached to a A3 standalone Controller, a new Error shows up, (Gimbal Motor Overload), after my test it should be the Ronin's Firmware that is causing the error. The Ronin seems to work fine, 360° panning seems not to work anymore.

IMG_0980.JPG
2017-1-10
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

I get the same message. Anyone, any good ideas on how to solve the problem?
2017-1-10
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

nil Posted at 2017-1-10 10:52
I get the same message. Anyone, any good ideas on how to solve the problem?

I'm afraid that there is no self made fix, this is most probably a bug in the latest firmware code. If we all are experiencing this that should be the case.

What I'm curious about how DJI could have missed this
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, the Ronin MX operates fine when used on its own for the exception of the 360 degree pan, correct? Did you notice this after updating the Ronin, or did it just appear? I'm sure your M600 is since it was just in for service, so I'm just wondering if everything else is updated.
2017-1-10
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-10 15:44
Just to clarify, the Ronin MX operates fine when used on its own for the exception of the 360 degree pan, correct? Did you notice this after updating the Ronin, or did it just appear? I'm sure your M600 is since it was just in for service, so I'm just wondering if everything else is updated.

I noticed this after upgrading, I noticed as well that the start stop only works for fotos and not for video anymore.
I am sure this is related to the latest Ronin MX firmware, because when looking at the DJI INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS Page many (maybe all) people are experiencing this after the last update.
There is most certainly some error in the coding of the MX Firmware.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-1-11 06:03
I noticed this after upgrading, I noticed as well that the start stop only works for fotos and not for video anymore.
I am sure this is related to the latest Ronin MX firmware, because when looking at the DJI INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS Page many (maybe all) people are experiencing this after the last update.
There is most certainly some error in the coding of the MX Firmware.

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, refreshing the firmware update or doing a resetting to default has not helped at all? Do you happen to have access to an older Assistant software to attempt a downgrade, then upgrade?
2017-1-11
Use props
fansc1aa3b11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26470558 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

I am also having the same problem, Always showing Gimbal overload after firmware upgrade, Can also confirm that Start Stop only works with stills.... This is most likly firmware bug, hope this will be fixed very soon...

Regards

OZZO
2017-1-11
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-11 15:20
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, refreshing the firmware update or doing a resetting to default has not helped at all? Do you happen to have access to an older Assistant software to attempt a downgrade, then upgrade?

I tried refresh, but it didn't help, and I don't have a older assistant, I think Berry already told DJI China, I hope they can fix this soon.
2017-1-12
Use props
Hondatorc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4759137 ft
Italy

same problem, also start and stop one shot photography without video, happened after the firmware update of the ronin MX
2017-1-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

This is a prime example on how reliable DJI is, you can't actually rely on DJIs most professional Drone.
Its actually best to have another Drone as a Backup or as a Main, but having a second M600/Ronin MX wouldn't help in this situation, so make your own conclusion and decision.

I can say for my own having had Software Problems for the last 4 months (since I bought it) that this is not at all a reliable Platform for Professional use.

How am I now supposed to work with the M600 without a working gimbal that goes with it?
I would need another platform that can handle bigger rigs.

Professional products should get special attention and not be treated as a Phantom! You need to earn the PRO label and not just use Marketing to make it fancy!
PLEASE DJI step up your service and testing of your Professional products!
Faulty A3 Firmware and Ronin MX Firmware should be concearning even for you!
2017-1-13
Use props
fansc1aa3b11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26470558 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

Jamie,

When will we see this problem solved ?

Really need that Start/stop working again for the Video, there seems to be no option to roll back the firmware upgrade on the Ronin MX

Regards

OZZO
2017-1-15
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI has removed the latest Firmware on their Website, but didn't give any Information about the Problem, very unprofessional
2017-1-18
Use props
fansff76d759
New
Flight distance : 53881 ft
United States

DJI knows of this problem since I went over the problem with them last week. They said they would get back to me in 36-48 hours. I have received no response from them and it has now been 5 days. I have tried to call support, but I can not get them to answer. I have waited over an hour when I was caller number 1. I don't have time to wait on hold forever. I agree that this company is so unprofessional. I wish there was another place to buy an American drone with good support. They need some competition.
2017-1-24
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

fansff76d759 Posted at 2017-1-24 15:07
DJI knows of this problem since I went over the problem with them last week. They said they would get back to me in 36-48 hours. I have received no response from them and it has now been 5 days. I have tried to call support, but I can not get them to answer. I have waited over an hour when I was caller number 1. I don't have time to wait on hold forever. I agree that this company is so unprofessional. I wish there was another place to buy an American drone with good support. They need some competition.

It's hard for the existing competitors to offer the price DJI does. I'm planning to switch to another company this year.
2017-1-24
Use props
fansff76d759
New
Flight distance : 53881 ft
United States

Sounds like a great idea.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

I was able to confirm that there will be a Ronin MX firmware update coming out in order to rectify the issues above. It is expected to come out shortly.
2017-1-25
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-25 13:16
I was able to confirm that there will be a Ronin MX firmware update coming out in order to rectify the issues above. It is expected to come out shortly.

Thank you Jamie, DJI Support told me tough they didn't hear from the Start Stop problem for Video. Is that fix coming to?
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-1-26 13:40
Thank you Jamie, DJI Support told me tough they didn't hear from the Start Stop problem for Video. Is that fix coming to?

Yes, that will be a part of the firmware update.
2017-1-26
Use props
Zlosnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33117 ft

Poland

I received the answer from DJI Support:

It is a bug with the new GCU firmware, downgrade the GCU is the 1. 2 version.
In the gimbal assistant, enter ' 'door ' ' in the Firmware GCU download page: The old Firmware is as: Username: ronin-mx-Passwor: ronin-mx-Please try this is to downgrade the Firmware of GCU.

Hmm, after downgrade firmware GCU for 1,2 caution in DJI GO remained still but remote start/stop video is working!!!
2017-2-6
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Zlosnik Posted at 2017-2-6 07:52

At least some good news, I will try this as soon as I can.
Its a step forward, still the error sucks because it's harder to see when there is a real error.
DJI told me a fix is coming in February for all of the problems.
2017-2-6
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1032070 ft
Netherlands

Zlosnik Posted at 2017-2-6 07:52

We have got the same problem/error. I also downgraded the CGU with same result. Hopefully DJI comes with a solution quick or gives us also possibility to downgrade the IMU because i suppose that the IMU is causing the Motor Overload Errors
2017-2-11
Use props
3x3q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

Experienced both of these problems today (gimbal overload and video record start/stop not working), and thought both were problems with my equipment. I should have known bad DJI software development was behind these problems also.
2017-2-12
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-26 13:47
Yes, that will be a part of the firmware update.

Hi Jamie. Is there a way to downgrade the IMU like the CGU to get rid of the problem for now and then waiting for the firmware updates? It is taking a long time to solve this problem wich is widely spread and certainly not incidental. Thanks
2017-2-15
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Netherlands

Hi Jamie. Is there a way to downgrade the IMU the same way like with the CGU to get rid of the problem for now because the update is taking a long time. Everyone flying with the Ronin-mx on a3 or m600 is facing this problem. Thanks
2017-2-15
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Fotopiloot Posted at 2017-2-15 06:01
Hi Jamie. Is there a way to downgrade the IMU the same way like with the CGU to get rid of the problem for now because the update is taking a long time. Everyone flying with the Ronin-mx on a3 or m600 is facing this problem. Thanks

The only is described in a post above, but it seems to solve the rss problem.
But dosnt seem to work for everyone.
2017-2-15
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Netherlands

P.R Posted at 2017-2-15 07:21
The only is described in a post above, but it seems to solve the rss problem.
But dosnt seem to work for everyone.

I used that method to downgrade the CGU but the username and password is not applying to the IMU downgrade. The CGU downgrade  solves the trigger problem with the Romete Start Stop not triggering anymore but doe not work for the Gimbal Overload Error so that is why i want to downgrade the IMU as well because that has to be the cause of the error.
2017-2-15
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Fotopiloot Posted at 2017-2-15 09:41
I used that method to downgrade the CGU but the username and password is not applying to the IMU downgrade. The CGU downgrade  solves the trigger problem with the Romete Start Stop not triggering anymore but doe not work for the Gimbal Overload Error so that is why i want to downgrade the IMU as well because that has to be the cause of the error.

Yes I know, but so far this is the best we can do, the Error doesn't have a negative effect on the functionality, at least that what DJI told me.
I just hope they come out with a Fix ASAP.
2017-2-15
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Denmark

"Gimbal Motor Overload" warning has been cured with a new firmware upgrade on the Ronin MX IMU.
2017-2-21
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

nil Posted at 2017-2-21 10:05
"Gimbal Motor Overload" warning has been cured with a new firmware upgrade on the Ronin MX IMU.

Thank you, has the rss problem been solved to?
2017-2-21
Use props
nil
lvl.3
Denmark

That I don't know, because I don't have a camera yet to test it!
2017-2-21
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Netherlands

nil Posted at 2017-2-21 11:57
That I don't know, because I don't have a camera yet to test it!

I don't think so because the RSS start Stop not triggering is related to the CGU update and that firmware is not changed (yet)
2017-2-22
Use props
Fotopiloot
lvl.3
Netherlands

New problem occured today with the Ronin-MX. Took me monthts to fly the M600 (3 LB2 units and a new A3 FC) now the Gimbal is letting me down. Next to vibration issues (caused by the Ronin MX dempers with cameras like Panasonic GH4) after the latest IMU and CGU  upgrade of the Ronin MX the Yaw axis is slightly drifting (about 0,5 to 1 degree). It is very visible in footage going slightly from left to right like a drunken sailor. I suspect the latest IMU firmware 2.3 but i am not sure if it is not a defect Ronin-MX. Of course i callibrated the Ronin MX several times but no change in behaviour. Did anyone else noticed this problem. It is easy to see in the Go Ap image moving from right to left and back etc. Also it is good to be seen in the live view data in the DJI Assistant that the yaw axis is moving.

By the way RSS problem and Gimbal Motor overload erros solved by latest firmware udates.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules